IGNORED

Test Drive Unlimited

Steve007

A fully tuned Caterham is a death machine that proves that the handling aids are not always fundamentally useless.

Okay, I have $700,000 in the bank and I need to buy a Class A. I've been seriously eyeing the thunderously quick CCS8 and the Enzo, but what would you lot recommend?

It's fine fully tuned,

Just don't put all the power down when turning the steering wheel.

EDIT: and I prefer the Enzo to the CCS8

How many showrooms are on the island? I want to buy a bike, damn it!

31 ordinary car dealers

7 classic car dealers

I'm not sure if you have to get them all or just the ordinary ones. Probably all of them. I ended up with them all anyway.

If you have the paper map, they are all on it. Or if you look at the in-game map, they are all marked on it with the ones not visited yet being faded.

A fully tuned Caterham is a death machine that proves that the handling aids are not always fundamentally useless.

Okay, I have $700,000 in the bank and I need to buy a Class A. I've been seriously eyeing the thunderously quick CCS8 and the Enzo, but what would you lot recommend?

Enzo. It's the one supercar that's actually manageable enough that you can use it to just cruise around in. The Koenigsegg is marginally faster, but you'll always kill it on anything other than a long straight because the Enzo handles so much better.

Probably one for Stroker...

What colour should the Firebird be? Is it basic black, or is there a shade to it? It's been years since I saw the movies :unsure:

The car in the movie is basic black with gold trim.

The Firebird in the game isn't actually the same model as the Bandit Firebird, but it'll do.

My copy's acting really... odd.

I've started getting really long loading times when restarting challenges. Sometimes it'll leave me looking a black screen for anything up to a minute just by restarting some piddly little race. (Other times it jumps straight back in, like it should do).

It's only started doing this in the last couple of days and it's VERY annoying. Any ideas why it might be doing this?

Just Halo 2 clans by a different name...and different game. :unsure:

Does it show you when people from your Club are online and make it easier to sort out races etc then?

Sorry about the basic questions - the manual doesn't cover them at all and I haven't been able to get back on since my first tootle around.

I've started getting really long loading times when restarting challenges. Sometimes it'll leave me looking a black screen for anything up to a minute just by restarting some piddly little race. (Other times it jumps straight back in, like it should do).

It's only started doing this in the last couple of days and it's VERY annoying. Any ideas why it might be doing this?

Mine did this but not to a very serious extent. I restarted a challenge and the screen was just looking at my car for about a minute.

I suspect an internet thing.

Mine's doing some weird stuff too, I expect it's internet related.

I've really gotten used to controlling my lovely Ford GT now - especially with some of the timed challenges. Still love the car delivery challenges - I love shifting into the cockpit view and driving it that way, driving more-or-less properly - even down to looking back to see who's behind me before accelerating :)

edit - Actually Live's been pretty weird tonight. Gamerscores not displaying and some leaderboards not updating...

I didn't do the race, but I followed the route for one called "Top of the World" or something like that. A long bendy road up a mountain to a dead end with a purchasable house at the end of it. The race goes uphill, but having driven it both ways, I think the race may be more fun going downhill.

And I got chased down the road by someone who decided he didn't want me to be on the road for some reason and tried to ram me off when he caught up just at the bottom of the mountain. Third person to try to chase and ram me in the game. Why do twats do that? Though I'm usually pretty persistant in driving while they end up crashing a lot and eventually get left behind.

So I got the demo - interesting I didn't realise I was online at first.

Then I kept saying HELLO DAVE A lot, and it annoyed some Americans ;)

Seems like a lot of fun to me, the bike handling is a bit shit though isn't it...guess I'm used to Moto GP :)

Same happening here - I didn't realise everyone was getting it. Gotta be Live related.

So I had the demo of this and wasnt really impressed...

BUT on the advice of this forum I got Saints Row and im really enoying it - So should I get this? Sell it to me!

Yeah, it's good. I've not played the demo, but I have heard the finished game is much better than the demo.

:)

Do you wanna buy some pegs?!

I love the idea that it's persistent. Can you do anything but race.

Also - is there more than one island, etc? Or just that one...

Just so you know, not too many jumps in this.

Yup - next to no jumps - which you may have looked for in a sandbox game of this style.

But the missions are the best ever.... so enjoy, but dont show any surprise thats theres no jumps - its frowned upon.

Does it show you when people from your Club are online and make it easier to sort out races etc then?

Sorry about the basic questions - the manual doesn't cover them at all and I haven't been able to get back on since my first tootle around.

Each club has their own clubhouse where you can meet up and arrange intra/interclub races. In theory, you can filter the map to show your friends and warp to them, but many of the online features have been (?still are) borked and awaiting patches.

I'm disappointed now that the online functions are still largely knackered. When the game was first released we saw a patch within a couple of days and a long list of things that the developers were working on, and it all looked good. Since then, we've heard nothing and the problems are as bad as they were to start with.

I still love the game and there's plenty to do single-player, but I hope things get fixed very soon.

Each club has their own clubhouse where you can meet up and arrange intra/interclub races. In theory, you can filter the map to show your friends and warp to them, but many of the online features have been (?still are) borked and awaiting patches.

Cheers, sounds good. Should be sweet when it works.