Test Drive Unlimited

Steve007

The online has improved lot since it was first released. I've been able to meet up with friends with little problem.

The lobby is amazing.

"Hey wanna see my new hoose ?"

"Where is it ?"

"23 miles away"

"Let's go"

"Follow me"

:)

I inherited a Car Club. It's a dump and has a shit name but new members are welcome. It's not used for much other than admiring each others Bermuda shorts and Cowboy boots combos though. Also there are jumps. Just ask an Enzo driver to sit still for a minute and wheely your bike up the front of his car at 180.

This is the best game ever.

I'm feeling a bit blearey eyed now. I went on to do a few races at last and quit about 300 miles later, having unlocked my 1000 mile achievement, the 10 race achievement and reached expert level. It says I'm 25% done, but it feels like I've barely done anything.

Just got this game and im absolutley loving it, the instant races are so much fun. cant wait for the second hand car market will be wicked. ive joined cosmic gurus' club anyone else in that? not many of my friends have got this so if anyone wants to meet up ingame for some races and fun please add spinrs2k to your friends list & send a messege

The online has improved lot since it was first released. I've been able to meet up with friends with little problem.

The lobby is amazing.

"Hey wanna see my new hoose ?"

"Where is it ?"

"23 miles away"

"Let's go"

"Follow me"

:)

I inherited a Car Club. It's a dump and has a shit name but new members are welcome. It's not used for much other than admiring each others Bermuda shorts and Cowboy boots combos though. Also there are jumps. Just ask an Enzo driver to sit still for a minute and wheely your bike up the front of his car at 180.

This is the best game ever.

Boozy send me an invite to your club please. I have yet to play this with friends online. How do you see each others character as I assumed you would only see each other in a car.

Boozy send me an invite to your club please. I have yet to play this with friends online. How do you see each others character as I assumed you would only see each other in a car.

You can see each others characters in the Club House. Not in a walking around FPS kind of way, just people lounging around and whatnot.

Not sure if this was posted, but while Googling for something else, I found this, which is allegedly from the official forums. There are allegedly cars and bikes which will be released in the coming months.

October 2006

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Ferrari 308 GTS

Koenigsegg CCR

TVR T440

RUF RT 12

Lamborghini Diablo GT

Dodge Charger Super Bee Hemi(old one)

November 2006

Ferrari 360 Modena

Ferrari F40

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

RUF GT

71' Corvette Stingray Converitable

December

Ferrari F599

Ferrari Testarossa

Mclaren F1 GT

RUF Turbo

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

Kawasaki ZX 12 R

66' AC 427"

Wow!

Got an Xbox 360 and Test Drive on Friday...played for a few hours, bought a house, and a few cars.

Saturday: Got up and play for a few more hours. Bought a Lamborghini Miura in orange, just like the Italian job....drove around enjoying the exhaust note....went back on in the evening, and ended up meeting up with some fellow Mookismo/rllmuk people, forming a club, and racing until 5am :) . Also bought some of the stuff needed for some of the achievements, like clothes, and every Lamborghini.

Sunday: Played some mroe in the evening. Completed the Island Tour mode.

Monday: Went to work counting the hours until I can get back to TDU.

I haven't even touched the other games I got with my 360 (MotoGP 06 and Just Cause). There's so much to do and see, and even when I think I've covered most of the siland, a look at the map shows great swathes of it undriven. And so, so many cars to try....Haven't even seen every dealer yet to unlock the bikes....

One quick stupid question, as my copy didn't come with instructions..... How do you upload challenges at the diners? Do you need to be a certain level?

And is there any news on when trading might work?

Man, My 360 dies and I got my replacement but for some reason couldnt get on the network. Rather than faffing with net settings I thought i'd just play some TDU instead, except it wouldnt let me cos I've downloaded content off live and I need to be on Live to access it! WTF?

Standard MS nonsense - not TDU's fault really.

If you've downloaded stuff off Live, you can only access it offline if you're using the original Xbox 360 you downloaded it on. Otherwise you need to be connected to use it. Try playing one of your previously-downloaded Xbox Live Arcade games and you'll see the same thing.

You've probably downloaded the Launch pack (two free cars) and it's modified your save accordingly, therefore you won't be able to use this save unless you're connected to Live.

Yes, it's nonsense.

I have a few hitchhikers\drop offs left to do .. and only 1 race (mazaratii far east of the island) to complete, yet im still on expert.. how do i open up the next level.. i have over 60 golds.. i thought that was the achivement i needed..

I have a few hitchhikers\drop offs left to do .. and only 1 race (mazaratii far east of the island) to complete, yet im still on expert.. how do i open up the next level.. i have over 60 golds.. i thought that was the achivement i needed..

Its based on total achievements gained - can be through buying cars, doing mileage, getting clothes etc. Look at the chart on the front page of the achievements section to see how many more points you need.

Also you will not be close to completing races etc because more will open up when you reach champion level (and the hitchhikers etc dont appear until you drive in free mode down their road).

I think you need to be Pro level to upload challenges? The editor is in the pause menu.

Superb. Thank you.

I've just been trying to explain how good this game is to someone who played the demo and hated the handling. Just the fun of driving around, and bumping into people I know from other games, such as Forza, by complete chance. Or picking up something I wouldn't have bought, like the gullwing Mercedes, and spending 20 minutes doing the delviery job, whilst listening to Wagner on the classic station. And I don't even like classical music!!!!

I've barely bothered with multiplayer as yet, and I'm still only about 40% through....lapped most of the outside of the island, but there's loads on the inside to do and see... Only thing that does worry me is that I'm not sure i'm going to make enough cash to afford every car and house in the game!

Superb. Thank you.

I've barely bothered with multiplayer as yet, and I'm still only about 40% through....lapped most of the outside of the island, but there's loads on the inside to do and see... Only thing that does worry me is that I'm not sure i'm going to make enough cash to afford every car and house in the game!

Well there is the Millionaire's challenge to do and then in Champion mode most of the challenges yield $75k so its a question of finding a quick and easy one and rinsing and repeating as required.

Would have preferred cash to clothing tokens though from the shoppers particularly...

Not sure if this was posted, but while Googling for something else, I found this, which is allegedly from the official forums. There are allegedly cars and bikes which will be released in the coming months.

October 2006

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Ferrari 308 GTS

Koenigsegg CCR

TVR T440

RUF RT 12

Lamborghini Diablo GT

Dodge Charger Super Bee Hemi(old one)

November 2006

Ferrari 360 Modena

Ferrari F40

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

RUF GT

71' Corvette Stingray Converitable

December

Ferrari F599

Ferrari Testarossa

Mclaren F1 GT

RUF Turbo

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

Kawasaki ZX 12 R

66' AC 427"

Where's F50 or F50 GT you wankers?

Where's F50 or F50 GT you wankers?

I've probably said it before, but I maintain that the F50 is the campest car ever made. It looks like something Sindy would drive.

I'm hoping for a Dodge Challenger R/T, myself. American cars are shit, but Vanishing Point is the greatest movie ever made, and I want to drive around like Kowalski - all hopped up and hanging around with naked hippies and that.

I've probably said it before, but I maintain that the F50 is the campest car ever made. It looks like something Sindy would drive.

I'm hoping for a Dodge Challenger R/T, myself. American cars are shit, but Vanishing Point is the greatest movie ever made, and I want to drive around like Kowalski - all hopped up and hanging around with naked hippies and that.

No you've made me want to watch Vanish Point.