IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

.::: Cinnamonkeys are pretty easy to get, just plant the 'apenootje'. No idea what the original was in English.

The Dutch translation is mostly excellent, with some of the more popular voice-actors lending a hand adding some truly excellent accents. Yet there are instances in which the texts are plain wrong, making me think they did a script translation rather than a playthrough translation.

The most obvious one being the alert-message when Willy is done building: "Bouwer heeft gedaan!" (the equivalent of "Builder has done"). It sounds utterly moronic like something that Babel Fish would spit out.

In terms of translation this does tend to be the first real serious attempt at something special since the Dutch Beyond Good & Evil.

.::: Pah! Back when I was young such things were called bugs! Not freaks. Damned kids these days...

No no no - they're not *bugs* - it's actually a special form of Whirlm. Really! The game even says so. Something along the lines of "a miracle has happened!" when the Whirlm hatched.

.::: Cinnamonkeys are pretty easy to get, just plant the 'apenootje'. No idea what the original was in English.

Monkey Nut Tree.

The Dutch translation is mostly excellent, with some of the more popular voice-actors lending a hand adding some truly excellent accents.

Is there a Gronings accent? :(

"Hey mienjong, kiek oet!"

In terms of translation this does tend to be the first real serious attempt at something special since the Dutch Beyond Good & Evil.

Wetrix also had an ace Dutch language option. I think JPickford did it himself. :(

Ah well, this will be £19.99 before you know it, as will DOAX2. I'll pick them both up after Christmas...

this actually strikes me as being a game worth applying some halo1 style prize freezing to, it only took one TV advert to get my (nintendo worshipping) kids to ask for an Xbox 360 so god knows what its gonna be like when the TV series etc gets going.

Rare in superb game shocker!

I had to force myself to stop playing this.

Harvest Moon fans will LOVE this. It beats Animal Crossing into the ground with a rusty spade!

Picked this up after work today and have been GLUED to it since, I mean the I'm a Celeb final almost wasn't enough to pull me off it. Initial impressions are that it comes across very solid, with great little characters. It really piles everything on you from the start though, hopefully things'll settle down a bit so I can catch my breath. Great start though, I'm definitely hooked.

Jesus H. It's a bit addictive isn't it? Been playing this since 7pm. Not actually done much other than breed Whirms ( I got a purple one.. how did I get that??) Bred some Sparrows and grew a tree. So much to do. Finally got a decent shovel too \o/

Whats your best way of earning the dosh in this game? So far mine has been growing chillis and selling them buy one seed for 22 gold and when it has sprouted its worth 100. I've made around 300 like that.

You're on the right track, but sprinkle 3 drops of fertilizer on the chilli and then they'll be worth 400 each.

Later on, there are much better plants to harvest to sell.

Hello my names Macosx, and I'm a Viva Pináta player....there, I said it.

The handholding and sugar-sweet presentation make this game an initial guilty pleasure, but it's got me!! Spent five hours on it and had to be dragged off it by numerous friends requests to manly RSVegas! I was quite perturbed to do this as my Fudgehog had just caught fire on a garden brazier I'd installed and my Pinátas have started eating each other.....had to lay into' em with a spade. Tough-love; garden-center style.

It starts off very simply then keeps loading layers and layers of gameplay on top and the graphics and presentation is super polished. I was immediately struck with the big cinematic score throughout which really elevates it.

Some games are Marmite, this ones like a big bowl of pink Angel Delight; looks very sickly but in taste very delicious!!

anyone got some really good tips to make big money fast? i can evolve the sparrowtails to make the candary and then sell it, but reckon there would be some other top tips. i have just got my first garden upgrade BTW.

Fertilise all your plants three times when you plant them. Bullrushes and Orchids give you a great turnover (82 for the orchid seed, 3x9 for the fertiliser, 1800 to sell the grown plant!).

I've not found money to be a problem, actually, and made my first 100,000 without really trying. Just got my garden worth 100,000 last night. Going for the 10,000 Pinata today!

And I NEED and Elephanilla!

You're on the right track, but sprinkle 3 drops of fertilizer on the chilli and then they'll be worth 400 each.

Later on, there are much better plants to harvest to sell.

I tried that and the chillies still sold for 100.

How are you supposed to know which is the right fertiliser? I tried the two cheapest types.

*Edit*. Ah. It's the colours isn't it?

Yeah, or just buy the purple stuff from Ivor Bargain (gong!) and it works for everything.

How much money do you have to give to the beggar? I've been giving him thousands.

I only gave him about 2000 in total, but it was the final payment of 1000 that made him "do his thing".

I'm Level 21 I deleted everything in my garden and started reshape I think I'm at the biggest size of garden you can get now.

Why did you delete everything? You should have just started a new one.