IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

Picked this up today and loving it so far - but I've got 3 (dead?) black and white animals that aren't moving or doing anything, and I can't seem to sell them or get rid of them or ANYTHING. Really annoying, it seems like a bug but I can't find anything about it on the internet so it must be me being stupid...

Can anyone help?

They're sick. Just wack 'em over the head with the spade until they're dead. Job done.

Just to clarify my third garden was set up just for concentrating on growing each plant to the third catalyst stage, as well as chilli farming.

Why? You can get waaaay more money, much more quickly, by breeding and selling pinatas.

Bought this yesterday after all the positive feedback finally wore me down and got round to playing it earlier this evening. I'm so glad I gave the game a chance. The first hour is pretty heavy hand holding but once I was through pop up box hell it opens up so much. Dauntingly so. There's so much I have in mind to do but can't afford! So question one, how do I make a quick buck?

Foxes hunting my rabbits is my main problem at the moment. I've had to beat two of them to death with my spade :) Was there a better option...

If I build the rabbits a home and fence it off will they be safe? And how would they get in if they're outside when I fence it? ie. I can't pick them up to move them can I?

So question one, how do I make a quick buck?

If I build the rabbits a home and fence it off will they be safe? And how would they get in if they're outside when I fence it? ie. I can't pick them up to move them can I?

Wait till they're asleep?

And breed pinatas like dominos, using romance sweets.

Those fly things are a good bet. Particularly if you experiment a bit with fire and water.

Why? You can get waaaay more money, much more quickly, by breeding and selling pinatas.

I'm still just starting off with the game. I started off selling Pinata I'd bred, that was worth reasonably good money but I tried the tip in this thread with the chillies and it's helped me secure decent funds very quickly, giving me a cushion to play around with things.

Had a disaster last night. :)

I'd just got a rabbit to stay in the garden, next thing I know I get a message saying a pinata is about to be eaten and before I can beat the fox to death (it was a balck and white one) it eats my only rabbit!

So I get angry and wack it a few times, but didn't kill it. So now i've got a half dead, groaning pinata in my garden that the vet won't come and see. :D^_^

I guess i'll just have to finish it off myself.

I seem to be struggling for money too, shall I just bread a ton of wirlms and sell them all? I feel guilty when I kill/sell pinatas.

And when my sparrow ate the only wirlm I bothered naming I was all ;):):D

Professor Pester is such a cunt. Killed my favourite two pinatas while I watched along helplessly. :)

Oh well, I've learnt not to become too attached to pinatas yet anyway. I assume there's a point where your totem statue wards off every single ruffian and sour so that your pinatas can live in peace?

I'm still just starting off with the game. I started off selling Pinata I'd bred, that was worth reasonably good money but I tried the tip in this thread with the chillies and it's helped me secure decent funds very quickly, giving me a cushion to play around with things.

Well, so long as you're happy with your pittance :)

I'm making money faster than I can spend it. Should hit the million mark in a few days :D

Oh well, I've learnt not to become too attached to pinatas yet anyway. I assume there's a point where your totem statue wards off every single ruffian and sour so that your pinatas can live in peace?

Nope. The Tower of Sour will only ward off Sours. You also need the Dastardos scarer and the Captain's Cutlass if you want to be free of evil interruptions.

I seem to be struggling for money too, shall I just bread a ton of wirlms and sell them all? I feel guilty when I kill/sell pinatas.

And when my sparrow ate the only wirlm I bothered naming I was all ;):D^_^

Firstly, the best way to stop your Bunnycombs being eaten by Pretztails is to have two Pretztails in your garden. Tame ones won't eat Bunnycombs unless you make them do so, and you won't get any more wild ones if you have two resident.

Secondly, Sparrowmints only eat Whirlms *if you tell them to*, so it's your own bloody fault.

Thirdly, money is so easy to come by I'm amazed anyone is having problems with it. Get yourself a couple of Bunnycombs and breed them. Each one you sell nets you 600 coins. Also, feed all the Sparrowmints that come into your garden a Buttercup each, and they'll become Candarys which you can sell for 600 too - plus you can replant the seed from the Buttercup for the next in the infinite stream of Sparrowmints. Make sure you burn/water all your Tafflies for another easy (and unlimited number of) 2100 coins.

Once you get onto Cinnamonkeys and stuff, you'll be rolling in it - they're 2800 a time.

DeKay is mean. :( :(

I'm sure this was after i'd told it to eat one of my randomly named whirlms so I could romance it. Silly me.

Thanks for those tips, I have only been playing for about 45 minutes so wasn't to sure on good money making tips, guess I can't get attached to those pintas/.

Do I need to grow some more carrots then and hope that 2 bunnies decide to stay, before a random fox rolls up and decides to eat them? Maybe I should try and get 2 foxes to stay first.

Bah.

I'm so going to feed a buttercup to my one of my sparrows tonight. :(

Do I need to grow some more carrots then and hope that 2 bunnies decide to stay, before a random fox rolls up and decides to eat them? Maybe I should try and get 2 foxes to stay first.

You need to grow carrots and get Bunnycombs to stay before Pretztails (use the lingo, man! :() will even be interested, and you'll need to let them eat a Bunnycomb each before they'll stay.

This game is way too stressful - at one point last night I was getting alerts faster than I could clear them. Also, I had just blown all my money on a Bunnycomb house as the final part of getting them to take residence when some squirrel looking motherfucker came along and ate him. Now I have had to send the Pinata Bounty Hunter out to try and get me another one. I am so proud of my first born Whirlm Bob.

Put in a few hrs last night... bloody loving this game. Full of charm. :(

One quick question... do you get larger garden areas later in the game?... my first garden is getting a bit bloody chocker!

Had to laugh last night... had a nice peaceful garden going on attracting more pinatas... the it all bloody kicked off... everyone picking fights... lol

And how expensive is the doc!?... jees!

Anyone else finding that as soon as you name a pinata you get very protective over it? Don't care if say whirlm 5 is getting eaten but don't you fucking dare eat Jim!!!! :(

Well, so long as you're happy with your pittance :(

I'm making money faster than I can spend it. Should hit the million mark in a few days :(

You keep replying to people who are starting the game, with reference to growing chilis. There is no way that breeding pinata is faster than growing the chillis when starting out. You can make over 100,000 in less than 10 minutes with chillis. This is not possible, time-wise, with breeding pinata near the beginning of the game.

You've been playing it for a while now and are on a, relatively, high level - of course breeding is quicker!

If people want to send me stuff my Gamertag is Glainey. And by posting this I mean send me stuff. :(

My plan for this afternoon is - Grow carrot. Get bunny. Grow another carrot. Get another bunny. Breed bunnies. Let bunnies die until I get two foxes. Profit!

You keep replying to people who are starting the game, with reference to growing chilis. There is no way that breeding pinata is faster than growing the chillis when starting out. You can make over 100,000 in less than 10 minutes with chillis. This is not possible, time-wise, with breeding pinata near the beginning of the game.

You've been playing it for a while now and are on a, relatively, high level - of course breeding is quicker!

I know all this, but still - almost all my money (even right at the start) was made from breeding and selling - first Whirlms and then Bunnycombs.

Yes garden expansions kick in at some point (maybe around level 10?).

11 and 21. And you can have more than one garden.

Got this a couple of days ago. Addictive as hell. It's gorgeous and has a constant stream of new things to see. First hour is overwhelming, but I basically just ignored all the reminders and focussed on getting bunnies. The only trouble I've had so far is when some wild foxes came in at night and killed a couple of my bunnies :( Once the foxes become resident they leave the bunnies alone, so I suggest breeding a few rabbits and sacrificing 2 of them early on just to have some peace. I refused to do this and kept smacking the foxes with a shovel every night which became time consuming.

So anyway, it's great, Rare back on form and everything, but the one thing which pisses me off a bit is the interface. It's easy to use, but some things are much more clumsy and time consuming than they should be.

- Flying pinatas are a pain in the fucking arse. Trying to get them to romance is an ordeal and they frequently break free from the lock on.

- Going to the shop is a chore. You have to bring up the menu, then pick which shop, then wait for it to load, then pick seeds, then plant them one by one, then wait for the shop to load again, pick some more seeds, plant them one by one, go back to the shop, pick fertiliser, yawn. Too time consuming and annoying.

- I can't believe there's no option to move houses or furniture around. You just have to sell it and buy it again if you want to remodel or declutter your garden.

- Some things like creating pens for the pinata are ridiculously annoying. You have to wait til they're asleep and hope they don't wake up while you're fencing them in. You can put a gate in there, but Seedos is always opening it and letting animals out anyway so it's pretty pointless. It's really hard work just to do some basic stuff in this game.

I probably sound really critical, but it's an awesome game, I just wish they had made some things easier to do.