IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

I couldn't possible sell Whirlms to make money. I love the little chaps too much. I mean, which of the other Pinata's get happier the more you water them, and none of the others do little break-dancing moves.

I felt like a right git when I direct my Sparrowmints to home in on the poor little guys :(

Does anyone else share my opinion that Licktoads are much, much more trouble then they're worth? Especially when you're trying to keep hold of your Taflies so you can make Redhots.

Well, you didn't do it the quickest way then and didn't make "waaaay more money"! :(

But the thing is, I made money faster than I could possibly spend it as a byproduct of my pushing for Master Romancer awards not by actually trying to make money.

I couldn't possible sell Whirlms to make money. I love the little chaps too much. I mean, which of the other Pinata's get happier the more you water them, and none of the others do little break-dancing moves.

Rashberrys do both them things :(

The other ace thing about Rashberrys is the "Rashberry hat" and "Rashberry badge" you can buy. It's a policeman's helmet and badge. You know, so your pig can *be* a pig.

I've sent out a few friend requests to people in this thread as last night I had 30 friends online and no-one was playing this except me. Shame on them.

I am going to send out a few friends requests on this shortly as I expect to be playing a fair bit. I might have a play with the post office too.

Does anyone else share my opinion that Licktoads are much, much more trouble then they're worth? Especially when you're trying to keep hold of your Taflies so you can make Redhots.

You'll only lose 2 tafflies though, once the froggies are in the garden they almost never eat stuff, unless you tell them to.

:D

It will now be my lifes mission to entice a Rashberry to my humble garden :D

:D I've never attracted one naturally.. do you have the accessory shop yet? Because, you can like, buy them in there :( as well as cats, dogs, pidgeons, etc, etc :D

The cows are awesome!

Tafflies come into my gardens non-stop. I can't get rid of them quick enough. Although now that dekay has revealed the secret of the Reddhotts, it's not so bad.

Also, I've only just discovered that pinatas can change colours. It took me until I reached Level 30 to figure it out. Cue me trying to feed flowers to all my pinatas to see if they had any effect. :D

Also, I've only just discovered that pinatas can change colours. It took me until I reached Level 30 to figure it out. Cue me trying to feed flowers to all my pinatas to see if they had any effect. :D

Try feeding them seeds, fruit, and tinkered items too!

You utter bastard deKay :D

I bought a Rashberry, fitted him with a nice, shiny badge :D , and the proceeded to water him to cheer him up like I would do a Whirml.

He got so upset he ran out of the garden and burst into tears :D

I felt like a first class cunt and it took copius quantities of happy sweets to get him back onside and assuage my guilt.

I must have played this for at least 3 hours solid just now. I don't seem to be getting very far but my garden just expanded at least. What's the bronze / silver / gold ticket guy for?

I'm finding a couple of things frustrating like trying to pen in Pinatas. They seem to get out somehow and then you can't get them back in without a lot of hassle or luck. I think I'll give up on that and let them roam free. And selecting a Sparrowmint when it's sat in a tree etc is impossible as far as I can see. So if you want it to do something you have to wait for it to move. Which can be an age.

Why would you want to pause the game? What could possibly be more important than VP?

To breath! The game is non-stop.

Cheers for the Pigsixes (sp) deKay. Ringo and Craig David are doing fine. Proper Bo.

I must have played this for at least 3 hours solid just now. I don't seem to be getting very far but my garden just expanded at least. What's the bronze / silver / gold ticket guy for?

I'm finding a couple of things frustrating like trying to pen in Pinatas. They seem to get out somehow and then you can't get them back in without a lot of hassle or luck. I think I'll give up on that and let them roam free. And selecting a Sparrowmint when it's sat in a tree etc is impossible as far as I can see. So if you want it to do something you have to wait for it to move. Which can be an age.

Cheers for the Pigsixes (sp) deKay, Ringo and Craig David. Proper Bo.

If any of your flying critter are sat oo top of anything, or if you want to get a pinata out of it's home when it's in there, select the spade and press X (I think) to gently tap the object which makes said pinatas move.

Handy for knocking the fruit out of trees and for lopping the heads off flowers to feed to pinata that can't do it themselves (I'm looking at you Tafflie)

The Scarecrow looking chap transmutes items. For instance, if you want to turn a Pumpkin into A Jack O' Lantern, you get him to tinker with it. The Gold, Silver, Bronze is how much you pay in relation to success change (Gold being the most expensive but guaranteed 100% success rate)

Wow I've just unlocked the credits after about 31 hours straight play between me and a mate - haven't sessioned a game like this for a while, and there's still so much to do! My eyes hurt. Good game, good game.

This thread is a joy to read even though I have no idea what you guys are talking about most of the time :wub:.

This game was not on the radar for me as I've bought far too many 360 games over the last few weeks and I thought RS:V was going to be the last for a while.

I haven't really touched my copy of Vegas since getting this. It is the ultimate 'one more thing' game as just as you've done one request for your garden you see another opportunity to coax another of those elusive pinatas into the garden or you try a different food/tinker combo to mutate a pinata.

The only negative to the game is that I find it hard to stop the shame as me and a mate; two grown men, talk about the merits of fencing in bunnies and arranging to do a contra deal of Fudgehogs for Quackberries. It shows the games good: gameplay > embarrassment = VP

Had a great session on this yesterday. I had just received the first garden expansion and set to work taming it and developing a large pond with suitable scenic add ons. This soon attracted ducks and newts, the former are just adorable, the latter less so. The ducks are going to get a pressie soon I think.

The attention to detail is superb and it seems better to go slowly to take it all in (I'm trying not to read the tricks in this thread to discover them for myself). For example I was growing thistles to attract some species and they were a magnet to the snails who promptly choked on them - solution fence in an area and use it to grow harmful plants.

I rescued the Raisa kindly sent by Sigourny Beaver from the apocalyptic ruin of the first garden (yes tis a dark and fearsome place) and on we go.

Could make a trilogy with Oblivion and TDU of games which keep on giving.

Wow! I just got this game and its a real surprise. Loving every moment of it! I'm wondering, though, how on earth children will be able to play this game. It has such a fast pace to begin with. Yes, it has a simplified controls option but there's just so much you havet to do and learn on your first day.

I suspect this is a game for children to be hijacked by parents as soon as they start helping out.

Wow! I just got this game and its a real surprise. Loving every moment of it! I'm wondering, though, how on earth children will be able to play this game. It has such a fast pace to begin with. Yes, it has a simplified controls option but there's just so much you havet to do and learn on your first day.

I suspect this is a game for children to be hijacked by parents as soon as they start helping out.

I think its a game either for adults or for adults playing with young children, not sure it will appeal to older children playing alone or to male teens (sounds a bit sexist that I know).

Its odd how Rare have this reputation but none of their recent games have been for kids. Even Ghosts and Ghoulies got quite tricky later on.

I was trying to grow some Toadstools yesterday, in the hope of getting Mushrooms out of them, but I couldn't keep my stupid Pinatas from eating them and getting sick all the time :unsure:

This did however, lead me to seeing the Preztail ill, which I think is the best sick pose I've seen yet: flat on it's back, all four legs pointing skyward with it's tongue lolling out the side of its mouth :(:D

Almost make me want to poison them on purpose...almost :(

God this game just gets better and better. For some reason I also thought the level cap was 50 - but one of the guys i live with has reach 56 :unsure:

Thankfully Viva Pinata is keeping me nicely occupied and helping ease the pain I feel since I'm lacking a Wii :D