IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

Well, bought this and GoW day before yesterday. Played Pinata for about six hours and haven't touched GoW (although I've rented it before). It's lovely. The handholding and slightly tedious menu navigation has been covered loads, so for anyone who like me has gone through the past 25 pages, I think I'll big up the massive amount of charm and care that's gone into this. The whole thing just feels right - I've got a couple of bunnies and a wormery plus a couple of trees and my little patch of grass is a buzzing little ecosystem full of beautifully animated characters wandering about, eating flowers and doing the nasty in hutch love palaces!

Christ, I feel like I'm turning into the Animal Crossing segment of S2E2 of Videogaiden...

But I completely recommend it - once you get the thing balanced up without it kicking off with fights etc you can more or less let it run itself and as people have said it's just completely different to everything else that's out there at the moment. Not a fucking space marine in sight!

Buy.

God this game just gets better and better. For some reason I also thought the level cap was 50 - but one of the guys i live with has reach 56 :wacko:

Thankfully Viva Pinata is keeping me nicely occupied and helping ease the pain I feel since I'm lacking a Wii ;)

.::: Ah, that might explain the odd Wii number in your sig. I was clutching at straws how to enter it.

So has anyone sent something unwanted to someone yet?

why are you looking something? :wacko:

loving this so far, at level 46ish now and still going, attracted a chewnicorn to the garden and it should be a resident soon. the to get them doing the dirty.

Seems I keep discovering new things about the game, despite putting a good 20 hours into the game now. Like, I've only just realised Leafos will give you tips on pinata cross-breeding, variants and transformations. Awesome. I've been trying to figure out how to feed a Doenut to a Pretztail, I'm guessing Pretztails can only eat the baby Doenuts?

Oh yeah, I'm thinking Game Of The Year for sure now.

Got my first species to evolve last night, by mistake. I was trying to get the moths in the mood, in order in turn to get a badger resident, but instead another resident made a beeline (so to speak) for the thistle, and changed colour :wacko:

Also sent Ted (Drake) and Syd (Syrpent) on their merry way, so take good care of them chaps ;)

Also sent Ted (Drake) and Syd (Syrpent) on their merry way, so take good care of them chaps :)

Ted's now had the best part of 10 children, in an Duck Orgy.

I think I'm on duck number 18 or so - when oh when do I get my master romancer award?

I'm struggling with funds at level 21. I have to call the doctor out a lot to heal the pinatas due to the sours coming all the time. At the moment I'm left on 127 coins after having to sell a few things to fund healing my dog! I think I need to get some Pinatas breeding, which ones will give me the most cash?

My garden is at full size now but it's pretty empty. I'm trying to get the Monkeys to stay but they're taking their time. I've got 3x nut trees but they don't produce the nuts very often, each Monkey needs 8.

I'm struggling with funds at level 21. I have to call the doctor out a lot to heal the pinatas due to the sours coming all the time. At the moment I'm left on 127 coins after having to sell a few things to fund healing my dog! I think I need to get some Pinatas breeding, which ones will give me the most cash?

My garden is at full size now but it's pretty empty. I'm trying to get the Monkeys to stay but they're taking their time. I've got 3x nut trees but they don't produce the nuts very often, each Monkey needs 8.

.::: You might want to try to get some Tafflies with daisies. Then turn them into Redhots with the torch/watering can 'evolution'. Pretty easy to do and they should give you some cash after romancing them a few times.

Explain why I got my Master Romancer for Pigxies with just 3 then, and I had more than 20 Whirlms (at once) before I got it for them?

I think sometimes the game freaks out a little bit - ie its a bit buggy in this regard. It tends to work as if you have 7 in total of a species in your garden, you will get master romancer. You can even buy in creatures to speed up the process.

In fact, if you just buy 7 or 8 of each of the animals from the pet store (cows/sheep/cats/dogs/etc) you will instantly gain master romancer for that species. A bit cheaty, but it works.

I don't appear to be able to buy a torch as yet. edit: found it, ahem...

I now have 43 coins, level 23. I'm clearly terrible at this. I called the doctor after selling some stuff so I could afford to save a 2100 Sweetooth but that Dastardos killed him before the doctor arrived. Money wasted.

edit: My first sweetooth just bit the dust aswell. Dastardos is dishing out the punishment tonight. I've hardly anything of worth left in my garden. Progress has ground to a halt since about level 20, sours are tearing my garden apart.

ps. How do I get Bananas?