IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

I'm getting near the end of my time with this, I only have a couple of pinata left to get. Thoroughly enjoyed it, loved the creative design of the houses and some of the romance dances were inspired. I just romanced the horstacios and their dance was hilarious.

There were a couple of bugs I think where it stopped me getting a second hippo or beaver by naturally attracting them. They would come in, fulfill one of their requirements and leave, but when they came back their requirements would be reset, so I ended up buying the second of the pair from Gretchems. Only a small complaint anyway.

Finally Rare have made a game worthy of their pedigree. Shame it's bombed at retail <_<

It's too many animals I think.

It's definitely worth starting a new garden, that made it a lot easier for me to keep things manageable once I understood the game a bit more. I still can't quite get over how heartless it can be: I'm breeding Mousemallows at the moment, so they're penned in as I head towards a master romancer award, once I get that I'll sell off most of them, experiment on the rest to see what other breeds I can get and then let a couple out so they can be eaten by Syrupents. I keep on expecting to get animal rights protesters turning up in my garden.

When it says the garden is too full - does it mean too many animals or what? We assumed it was buildings and stuff at first but we deleted all those not needed and are a bit puzzled.

I think it's everything from Pinata's to trees.

It doesn't 'feel' right to start a new garden for me, feels like your starting a new game kind of.

I'm not really clicking with this game at all. The first few hours were, as previously noted, horribly paced, and ended up just a blur of cut scenes and information icons being blasted at my eyes.

Since then though I still don't get it. What is the purpose of having all the millions of animals? Do I always have to tell them to breed? Does having a happy moth house in my garden actually aid me at all?

I like sandbox building games (The Sims etc) where I can just mess about, but this just isn't really capturing my imagination in the same way.

:lol:

I'm not really clicking with this game at all. The first few hours were, as previously noted, horribly paced, and ended up just a blur of cut scenes and information icons being blasted at my eyes.

Since then though I still don't get it. What is the purpose of having all the millions of animals? Do I always have to tell them to breed? Does having a happy moth house in my garden actually aid me at all?

I like sandbox building games (The Sims etc) where I can just mess about, but this just isn't really capturing my imagination in the same way.

;)

There always seems to be something to do. It could be breeding certain Pinata for a specific reason or constructing a building to get a new resident. Growing various vegetables / fruits to make money or dividing up the garden to keep creatures from killing each other. Employees become a part of the game after a while and the whole Sour factor should keep you occupied. I've played Sims / Sims 2 / Animal Crossing / Harvest Moon in recent years and this for me has the most depth and is the most involved of them all. There does seem to be an 'end game' with Viva Pinata though.

A couple small questions:

I need a bottle of medicine. Is this a case of tinkering something? Or is it something that will eventually appear in the shop? I'm level 25 roughly.

Also, I didn't see an option to pay off the ruffians? Is it possilbe? If not, how do you get rid of them.

How do you use fertiliser? Doesn't seem to be helping or changing the resulting plants at all - I take it this has something to do with the plant awards (catalysed x1,2 and 3)?

By the way, I'm so gay for this game. It really is a breath of fresh air, and it's like virtual candy-coated crack. I ended up getting the 10-hour achievement after about 3 sessions with this game. Scary.

My best pinata currently is a cinnamonkey. They look messed up :huh:

Yes you need to tinker with something to make medicine.

Tinker with the honey

For the fertiliser, you need to use the correct colour, it will make a little positive sounding noise and you will see the plant grow if it's a match, otherwise there's a negative sounding noise.

Yes you need to tinker with something to make medicine.

Tinker with the honey

For the fertiliser, you need to use the correct colour, it will make a little positive sounding noise and you will see the plant grow if it's a match, otherwise there's a negative sounding noise.

Is that using it on a plant that is growing already? Or is that before you plant it? And is this what the catalysing awards are all about?

Is that using it on a plant that is growing already? Or is that before you plant it? And is this what the catalysing awards are all about?

For plants, yes, like ojlim said. But for trees, it's different. You apply the fertilizer once the tree grew a bit and shed a bunch of leaves. Then you keep watch until it happens again, then you apply another dose. And one last time.

You can see when the tree is about to reach the point of shedding leaves because a few small buds grow on the branches.

With trees, you might as well wait until you get the top watering can upgrade, because then you only need to fertilise it once for full growth bonus.

I was watching an episode of the Viva Pinata cartoon with my little cousin and hey, the cartoon tells rather unsubtlely how to do various transformations. Like feeding a gooseberry to a quackberry.

Anyway, that was useful. The cartoon isn't so bad once you get past the opening theme music. :huh: