IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

I'm thinking about getting this. Can some of you just sum up what you actually do during an hour of playing this game? On average, like.

The only thing I've heard is that it's a bit like Animal Crossing?

It's much more involved than Animal Crossing. It's a breeding / gardening sim that actually requires thought and planning. How this was ever totally aimed at kids I'll never know.

I'm thinking about getting this. Can some of you just sum up what you actually do during an hour of playing this game? On average, like.

The only thing I've heard is that it's a bit like Animal Crossing?

Twenty minutes incest, twenty minutes murder and twenty minutes accessorising.

.::: It's like Animal Crossing, only with a far more demanding collection aspect and less control over what happens. It's a bit like a fish tank in which you sometimes overbreed a family through incest to get to your goal.

It has been fun while it lasted but picking it up now, just makes me go tired at the thought of what I need to do to 'progress'. In hindsight then it's nowhere near Animal Crossing's "relax, stay a while and fiddle around" approach, so disregard the first bit of this post. VP will want you to work.

If you thought Animal Crossing was pointless and lacked focus, this will be great. If you thought AC was divine, you might bump into a shallowness you didn't want to be there.

But even then you can get 20-30 hours out of it before it starts to annoy.

To be honest, I don't think it's like Animal Crossing at all, apart from the fact you can plant and water flowers. It's an animal breeding game. A really good one.

Agreed. It's not like Animal Crossing. There's just so much more to do in VP - it gets immeasurably complex incredibly quickly.

yeah played this for an hour tonight. Its actually alright isnt it?

I have lots of little whirm things "romancing" (is that what the kids call it nowadays?) but i cant seem to make my pigeon things do the dead.

Infact im not really sure what else i should be doing..lol

One thing - is it just me - or do the voices REALLY ANNOY you. That girl mainly but there is a couple others too.

yeah played this for an hour tonight. Its actually alright isnt it?

I have lots of little whirm things "romancing" (is that what the kids call it nowadays?) but i cant seem to make my pigeon things do the dead.

Infact im not really sure what else i should be doing..lol

One thing - is it just me - or do the voices REALLY ANNOY you. That girl mainly but there is a couple others too.

.::: Turn the voice-volume down at the options. You'll be glad you did.

Is Burt still ok?

He's quite well. By way of thanks, I've sent you a selection of his multicoloured spawn.

Thanks for Stinky - I am treating him right.

And thank you for my array of Fudgehogs. They're currently locked in a six-by-six cell breeding with their own children to provide my garden with the funds I require to spread my evil.

Can somebody do me a favour and send me a few Squazzils? I'll send you something decent back.

Oh, and I'd kill for a Fillzybear if anyone has one - my girlfriend likes the look of them and wants me to get one.

I'll sort you out some Squazzils later.

can someone please tell me how I go about naming my Pinatas? i missed the tutorial bit that shows how it's done, and now I can't work out how

first to reply gets a kiss

Go to information (press Y with Pinata selected), select Basic Info and then press A I think.

No need for the kiss - the 'tache doesn't do it for me.

Right...i'm on level 49. One more level and I get an achievement and can finally start playing Zelda. But I can't seem to find anything to do that'll make me level up. I do need three animals though:

The lion, the hippo and a Galagagoo. I've got a garden with 50% water and 14 bullrushes to attract a hippo but no sign yet and i've got the moon on a stick and loads of turnips to attract a Galagagoo but they aren't coming.

Gamertag is in my sig if anybody can help. I can send you something nice in return!

My chief Fudgehog is named Steve McQueen.

He can't make it over that fucking fence I've got him behind though.

*edit*

Wait. . . There's a Moon on a Stick?

This is the best game ever.

I like the "butcha" earrings.

UPDATE: I'm now a level 50 gardener. I think that's a good enough time to stop playing - i've unlocked 46/50 achievements!

Can somebody do me a favour and send me a few Squazzils? I'll send you something decent back.

Oh, and I'd kill for a Fillzybear if anyone has one - my girlfriend likes the look of them and wants me to get one.

Had some issues with my Squazzils but they should be with you by the end of the evening.

Don't name them! It leads to heartache when they get eaten.

If anyone's feeling generous I could do with some Fudgehogs by the way.

How many do you want?

How do people have their gardens organised? At the moment ours is pretty much a free for all but they all seem to be constantly fighting which is causing some problems. Just wonder if it would be better to fence some of them off?

Just do people have their gardens organised? At the moment ours is pretty much a free for all but they all seem to be constantly fighting which is causing some problems. Just wonder if it would be better to fence some of them off?

I haven't used fencing at all but I have sold off Pinata that don't get on with others. My garden is relatively fight free now although the Pretztails have taken to fighting each other.

Does anyone find the helpers useful? Mine seem to do fuck all. Also, one of them got trapped behind my Squizzil house and I couldn't work out how to free her. In the end a Ruffian came along and smashed the house and she now refuses to work for me. Any idea how I could have freed her (other than smashing the house myself)?