IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

So I got my 360 a couple of days ago, with 6 games (and various Live Arcade games). And I've tried them all, and each is great (yeah, Gears of War - AMAZING, TDU - AMAZING, etc) but I've spent at least 3/4s of my time on this. Just hit level 21, still barely know what the hell I'm doing given the complexity of the game, and it's just fantastic fun. Cinna Monkeys have just been sighted, I have a few different species on the go for Master Romancer status, I've got green fingers from all the gardening and I still haven't managed to change any animals into other variants (other than simple evolving of those sparrows and a couple of colour changes of the flutters). There's so much to do at any one time I lose track. But then it doesn't matter all that much because there's no time limit anyway. Still, I've had to simply ignore certain Pinatas (such as the toads, and fudgehogs) completely, because so much is going on, and the variants of lower level Pinatas has been totally ignored, and I *know* I'm missing out on loads of little things thanks to having to make these little sacrifices along the way.

I never thought I'd say it (hell, VP was a freebie with my system) but this game is absolutely fantastic. And I'll be going back for more.

Oh, and if anyone wants to send me anything cool, feel free!

Oh, and I logged out just after my garden got to the largest size, just now. I'm going to totally remodel it now I have maximum space and a pile of cash. It's a total mess at the moment, so up go fences, paths, different trees and plants, etc and I'll do my best to get the pinatas living in peaceful coexistence as much as is possible. Then try to experiment more and plough through the game less. Woo!

My bro is now playing R6: Vegas in order to get back a little manliness. I should probably join him.

I got this for xmas...im thinking only because the girlfriend wanted it for herself. Either way its good fun, its not kiddy at all although it does suffer from Burnout 3 'Heres a cutscene and reward for clicking a button' syndrome. But its all good. Although, having only played it for an hour im not really sure what the objective is exactly. Stuff like Sim City or the sims give you something to do but this all seems to be based on 'Get every animal possible.

I bought this a couple of days ago, and though I'm loving it, I'm completely lost. There's so much to do; I'm struggling just to keep everything together! How do you evolve them, for example? Wasn't even sure you could do that. Also, if anybody would care to send me some exotic Pinata (TheCrazyDiamond), it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

I bought this a couple of days ago, and though I'm loving it, I'm completely lost. There's so much to do; I'm struggling just to keep everything together! How do you evolve them, for example? Wasn't even sure you could do that. Also, if anybody would care to send me some exotic Pinata (TheCrazyDiamond), it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Yeah, it's making me a bit frustrated as I have a small obsessive compulsive streak to get everything as quick as possible, but after watching Iza play and restart her garden a few times I think patience is the key to this game.

Appologies if this has been asked before but I can't find it if it has. Anyway why do the hearts disappear from over the Pinata occasionally, i.e. the requirements are fulfilled and one moment they're there and the next they are gone.

Is it anything to do with how much stuff is in the garden. I'm presuming it's not the mood of individual Pinata as they all seem to disappear no matter what species.

At the moment they appear for about 20 seconds and then disappear again. Most annoying as it's now almost impossible to get them to romance at the moment.

Been playing this this weekend and very much enjoying it, but am getting incredibly fed up of being told I have too much stuff in my garden, even when I've sold everything I can do without. I've even sold all my paths to see if that'll help.

How do you create a second garden, then?

On the menu screen, instead of loading your current garden, there should be another leaf that says New Garden.

Been playing this this weekend and very much enjoying it, but am getting incredibly fed up of being told I have too much stuff in my garden, even when I've sold everything I can do without. I've even sold all my paths to see if that'll help.

See, this is when you start a new garden.

Remember, you carry over all your money, and levels to the new garden! And all the pinatas you've unlocked remain unlocked.

I've got a tiny garden, with lots of creatures in it. Just got the level 10 achievement.

It's a right mess, and I have no money. Now, I could follow the advice here and start a new garden, but I assume that means having to buy all the different buildings again. How do you actually make significant amounts of money in this game? Also, do you always have to manually match up pinata to mate (doing the stupid minigame every time) or do they ever just do things automatically? The constant repetitive micromanagement is a bit dreary.

Oh also - when you get a message like "a pinata is being eaten" or "a pinata is ill", is there any quick way to have the camera zip over to the pinata in question?

Sorry for all the questions. Considering how appallingly patronizing this game is, it feels quite bewildering to me. Way too complex for children anyway, and far too irritatingly moronic in presentation for adults. I do wonder if Rare had any idea what their target audience was...

I've got a tiny garden, with lots of creatures in it. Just got the level 10 achievement.

It's a right mess, and I have no money. Now, I could follow the advice here and start a new garden, but I assume that means having to buy all the different buildings again. How do you actually make significant amounts of money in this game? Also, do you always have to manually match up pinata to mate (doing the stupid minigame every time) or do they ever just do things automatically? The constant repetitive micromanagement is a bit dreary.

Oh also - when you get a message like "a pinata is being eaten" or "a pinata is ill", is there any quick way to have the camera zip over to the pinata in question?

Sorry for all the questions. Considering how appallingly patronizing this game is, it feels quite bewildering to me. Way too complex for children anyway, and far too irritatingly moronic in presentation for adults. I do wonder if Rare had any idea what their target audience was...

If you have the Buzzlegum beekeper hat accessory then start a new garden, plant about 8 buttercups, build a buzzlegum house and honey hive (in special buildings on the menu). Once you get buzzlegums breed them and make sure you put hats on them. They'll make some honey which you can sell at 100 a go. OR Start a new garden and fill it with thistles. Sell the heads at 100 each as they drop off.

Apple trees are handy too (use 3 doses of red fertilizer as it grows, one per 'stage') then use the tinkerer to make toffee apples. The outlay for the tinkerer is a pain but it changes an apple worth 20 to a toffee apple worth 150 for a 75 gold payment.

Plant fruit trees to attract Raisants and sell them at (I think) 1000 each as you attract them. I did this in the background while I was honey farming. they keep coming and become resident once they've eaten a few bits of fruit. Easy way to get 1000 gold.

To make money I'd advise you sell everything in your garden and start a new one from scratch now you have some experience. Remember that the worms are worth 100 each and very easy to breed......mwahahaaaa!

One thing I've found with this game is that you really need to keep restarting different gardens to experiment in. You'll learn a lot by taking it one step at a time and you can then use the knowledge in your 'main' garden. I currently have a garden full of pink/purple creatures. It's 'orrible :D

Has anyone got a Chewnicorn going spare? Or even, not spare (as I'll send it right back)? I can pass on some Twingersnaps, Four Heads, Lackatoads or assorted other pinatas in return.

Also looking for a Roario and a Parrybo please -_-

Gamertag is "deKay 01". Merci.

I posted this in another thread, but it's pretty relevent here...

VP has sold poorly - although it's been very highly rated.

I don't own it, although I do want it.

The reason, the Wii. At the release, the Wii was just about to come out and I couldn't afford or justify the purchase. I left it on the shelf and said to myself that I'll go back to it one day (and I will).

How many other potential VP owners (let's face it - it's MS' attempt at an Animal Crossing type game and right up my Nintendo loving street) simply didn't get it because the Wii came out.

A smarter move might have been to release it during the Wii drought (mid Jan - March) - or perhaps it'll be discounted at that point....