IGNORED

Viva Piñata

Meers

Well, I'm no EA whore and I think my gaming taste is a bit more sophisticated than just shootin' and drivin'.

However, when I look at Viva Pinata I see a game with a certain charm but nothing to get or keep me interested. Note that I hate collect-games like Pokemon and found games like Harvest Moon boring to death. Animal Crossing was fun for a while (mainly online) but also lost its charm pretty quickly after a couple of weeks.

Now, what is there in VP that would draw me in? I'd love to give it a chance as I'm always in favour of new experiences but what does it offer compared to games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing so that it WON'T bore me to death?

It's not at all like Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing. I'm not sure who made that comparison in the first place, but they can't have played it. It's more like Sim City Garden Edition or something.

Plus, the Pinata themselves are all pretty amazing. It's when you start naming them and get upset when they get smashed you realise how good.

Has anyone been watching all the episodes of the TV series (free download on the marketplace)? They're actually rather ace, and I've just found out how to make a Juicygoose while watching one...

Thanks to Stokus for sending me that huge bear thing. Shame the garden is tiny and he has no where to live. But it increased my experience about 50 fold. Now im just having trouble juggling it all. Trying to get the birds to mate, as well as the worms, whilst all the while trying to keep resident, get new ones, earn money for houses and try to get their achievements so they can mate too.

I posted this in another thread, but it's pretty relevent here...

VP has sold poorly - although it's been very highly rated.

I don't own it, although I do want it.

The reason, the Wii. At the release, the Wii was just about to come out and I couldn't afford or justify the purchase. I left it on the shelf and said to myself that I'll go back to it one day (and I will).

How many other potential VP owners (let's face it - it's MS' attempt at an Animal Crossing type game and right up my Nintendo loving street) simply didn't get it because the Wii came out.

A smarter move might have been to release it during the Wii drought (mid Jan - March) - or perhaps it'll be discounted at that point....

The game just doesn't appeal to the 360's core demograph. But then again Microsoft really need to change that demograph so that they can compete with the Playstation 3's more varied selection of genres. Viva Pinata may as well be termed as a 'loss leader' but it is important that more games like this are released on Microsofts machine. It's also important that Rare now keep this high standard of game up.

Viva Pinata's not really anything at all like Animal Crossing btw. It's got depth that AC can only dream of. As for the Wii drought being Jan - March. That's true although it's January 2007 to March 2008 looking at the barren release schedule. :huh:

Does anyone else keep forgetting to view the message when you unpack a crate, or is it just me? I've not seen one yet.

I rarely send messages with mine. If you get a message, you can't avoid reading it.

I think lack of avatar really hurt the Animal crossing crowd, besides, the AC crowd probably too busy with wild world.

I managed both.

I rarely send messages with mine. If you get a message, you can't avoid reading it.

I managed both.

Hmm, my wife sent me things with messages and I didn't see them. I probably just cancelled the window very quickly. Thanks for the Four Heads, by the way. You're way ahead of me. I'm the late twenties level-wise.

Currently breeding squazzils and profitamoles.

I've just found out how to make a Juicygoose while watching one...

Which doesn't seem to work. Bah.

Currently breeding squazzils and profitamoles.

I would love a profitamole if you have one spare. I can even send it back if you like. I haven't tamed any sours bar Shellybeans.

Which doesn't seem to work. Bah.

I would love a profitamole if you have one spare. I can even send it back if you like. I haven't tamed any sours bar Shellybeans.

Aye, I'll send you one when the breeding gets going. I'm currently awaiting my second profitamole but think I've got everything set up for when he arrives. If you don't have one in a day or two poke me with a message.

I'm far too into this game, as is my wife. We've both been dreaming about it. Good job it's both so taxing and so fun to watch that we don't mind handing over to each other after some play time. I even - gah! - spent 90 precious Live points to get the Top Hat yesterday. I feel deeply ashamed.

Aye, I'll send you one when the breeding gets going. I'm currently awaiting my second profitamole

Once I get one pinata, I just get Gretchem to catch me another. Yeah, it costs money, but I have almost 300,000 coins now (and with all the breeding it just keeps going up and up) and no pinata is expensive really, even with Express delivery.

Once I get one pinata, I just get Gretchem to catch me another. Yeah, it costs money, but I have almost 300,000 coins now (and with all the breeding it just keeps going up and up) and no pinata is expensive really, even with Express delivery.

Yep, I'm waiting for her to deliver. I've only got about 17K, so I went with Standard.

Well, I'm no EA whore and I think my gaming taste is a bit more sophisticated than just shootin' and drivin'.

However, when I look at Viva Pinata I see a game with a certain charm but nothing to get or keep me interested. Note that I hate collect-games like Pokemon and found games like Harvest Moon boring to death. Animal Crossing was fun for a while (mainly online) but also lost its charm pretty quickly after a couple of weeks.

Now, what is there in VP that would draw me in? I'd love to give it a chance as I'm always in favour of new experiences but what does it offer compared to games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing so that it WON'T bore me to death?

Nothing. Basically, just stay away. Everything you hate about gaming in one package, basically.

Nothing. Basically, just stay away. Everything you hate about gaming in one package, basically.

How do you find out how to evolve pinatas yourself? I managed to get a redhott by chance, and I worked out the flower thing for the flutterscotches, but now I want a two-headed snake... will the information eventually be revealed to me? Or is it very obscure?

Some of the stuff is extremely obscure. From what I've heard, most of the information is revealed in the cartoons, but assuming you don't want to sit through some kiddy cartoon, then you're better off just looking it up on the net because you'll never figure it out yourself.

Well definetely for the snakes anyway. There are a couple of birds who are quite easy to evolve, although it's still trial and error rather than anything you can really work out for yourself.

I see... In that case, how do you get the 2 headed and four headed snakes?

And a pigxie for that matter.

.::: Hit an egg with your shovel as it makes the last big hop before hatching. If you do this with the one-headed ones, it'll become two-headed. Do it with a two-headed egg and it'll become four-headed.

How do you find out how to evolve pinatas yourself? I managed to get a redhott by chance, and I worked out the flower thing for the flutterscotches, but now I want a two-headed snake... will the information eventually be revealed to me? Or is it very obscure?

Almost everything is told to you by Leafos. Just talk to her often.

.::: Hit an egg with your shovel as it makes the last big hop before hatching. If you do this with the one-headed ones, it'll become two-headed. Do it with a two-headed egg and it'll become four-headed.

No, that's your lot.

From what I've heard, most of the information is revealed in the cartoons, but assuming you don't want to sit through some kiddy cartoon, then you're better off just looking it up on the net because you'll never figure it out yourself.

The cartoons are actually rather ace.

There is another accessory pack available on the Marketplace:

Name: Accessory Pack 5

Price: 90 Points

Available in: All Xbox Live regions

Dash Details: This accessory pack for Viva Piñata includes the following: 1.Pearly Bracelet 2.Reading glasses 3.Comedian's Choice. (Accessories will fit on most Piñata. Accessories can be obtained from Paper Pets in the village.)