IGNORED

South Park Season 10

zektbach

Even by South Park standards, that was strange. They're often ahead of the curve, but this one was so ahead of the curve... I can't even see the curve much less tell how sharp it is.

I just... where were the jokes?

Partially lost on me it was. Seems like they're just courting controversy because they can these days.

I liked this one a lot. I think someone they know is dying of cancer or has died recently. One of my best friends has recently been told he has cancer and that he's not going to get cured.

It's been pretty hard to get to grips with, but in the end you can only laugh at the unfairness and the fact there's really nothing you can do but laugh and make the most of the time there is left (He also finally had an excuse to start World of Warcraft since soon he will have no life. Naturally he rolled Undead).

I think a similar experience has prompted the South Park guys to make this episode. Anyway, my friend liked this one a lot and I also think it is pretty funny and honest.

Not wishing to overanalyse South Park of all things, but that last episode seemed to be about the way violence perpetuates itself, with future stan being motivated to succeed at all costs just to impress his father, even trashing a bunch of 5 year olds.

But I agree with the above, it was one of the wierdest ones I've ever seen.

The cancer-thing was pretty funny, the ending wasn't. Also, little kids getting beat up by adults is never cool.

I give this an Aboot/10.

I think it 's just another way to show the unfairness and harsh reality of cancer. They had the life of the kid riding on a peewee hockey team winning against a brutal professional team...pretty apt comparison to cancer I'd say.

o/\o

I thought the first Steve Irwin joke was kind of more their opinionish on idiots dressing up as him (even a pre-Halloween fancy dress I was at two cunts went as him) with the whole dead thing going on. Then they just ripped into the bad press with really obvious jokes that were more funny because of everything but the joke itself.

Think ya'll might be looking at this one a little too closely. It was just a simple piss take of your standard Hollywood PG sports movie. Thrown in with the usual dollop of fooked up non-PC gags.

Loved it here. Stan's dad is turning into best character on the show. :)