IGNORED

Tomb Raider Legend

garuneku

Lara does indeed look amazing in that pic.

I really have my hopes up for this, what with Galleon being so atmospherically brilliant and having a feel so similar to TR1, and with Toby Gard now working on this.

But is he producing, directing or what? Is he just a consultant?

I really really hope this isn't shit, for some reason. I mean, why don't we all go and play Sands of Time and Galleon, instead of hoping this will be good? It's the memories, I guess...

Anyway,

New Tomb Radier = Sands of Time or Galleon + tits = me happy.

i don't see why people are interested. take away Lara Croft (who is as generic and crap as videogame characters get) and what are you left with? a 3D platform game that was good for it's time, 8 or 9 nine years ago but has been surpassed in every way possible since. it's just a name. it's like Oasis fans who still believe their heroes will make another album to equal the first mediocre offering.

i don't see why people are interested. take away Lara Croft (who is as generic and crap as videogame characters get) and what are you left with? a 3D platform game that was good for it's time, 8 or 9 nine years ago but has been surpassed in every way possible since. it's just a name. it's like Oasis fans who still believe their heroes will make another album to equal the first mediocre offering.

For me it's because the guy who was involved in creating the first/best one is involved again. And apparently Warren Spector is as well (I think).

So that's the guy who made my 2nd or 3rd fave PS game and the guy who made my favourite PC game.

And of course, it can't be as bad as AoD. Hopefully, fingers crossed etc etc.

For me it's because the guy who was involved in creating the first/best one is involved again. And apparently Warren Spector is as well (I think).

So that's the guy who made my 2nd or 3rd fave PS game and the guy who made my favourite PC game.

And of course, it can't be as bad as AoD. Hopefully, fingers crossed etc etc.

hmmm. going on those guys recent output i wouldn't get your hopes up. the term 'flogging a dead horse' springs to mind.

I am far more confident with Toby Gard in the team. Although I would like to see this serie end with a remake of the original for next-generation platforms, a Tomb Raider 1 style game would always be welcome.

I still know how I felt when I played the demo on my uncle's PC, and later got the game on my Sega Saturn. Breathtaking experience.

.::: She looks... normal. Which is a good thing imo.

Still the entire game will fall or stand with the game(play) attached to it. Especially since Lara took a spine-breaking nosedive with Angel of Darkness.

TR1-style would indeed be most welcome. Or how about some actual tombs at the very least.

but galleon was bollocks?

Nah, you must be thinking of a completely different game...

If the new game can capture any of the atmosphere or excitement of either of the two games Toby Gard is responsible for, ie TR1 and Galleon, then it could be good.

That's a pretty good reason to be interested about it, isn't it?

.::: She looks... normal. Which is a good thing imo.

Still the entire game will fall or stand with the game(play) attached to it. Especially since Lara took a spine-breaking nosedive with Angel of Darkness.

TR1-style would indeed be most welcome. Or how about some actual tombs at the very least.

Yes the first thing I noticed was the lack of emphasis on the breasts, in fact they look smaller and more covered up.

I'm looking forward to this. Galleon showed extreme promise and as others have said having Spector and Gard working on this makes it one to watch.

i still think she looks like shes lost between cartoon and "realistic". Ive always hated the design of Lara Croft but I cant put my finger on why though. Maybe its the fact they never updated her design over 6 games, and now shes got more polygons and smaller boobs and she STILL looks dated. Youd have thought Soul Calibur and Resident Evil 4 had never happened.

Is this the one being developed by Crystal Dynamics? I'm pleasantly surprised by the pic. It looks like they've finally expunged the last of Core's shitty art style. It's cartoony in a good way.

And, on this extremely preliminary evidence, I'd say this is the first TR game that I'd even consider buying, rather than just smirking at as it piles up in the preowned bins.