IGNORED

Tomb Raider Legend

garuneku

hey new to the the forum - snyone having trouble with the time trials - you should really do the last level first and then use the tasty reward for the other levels - way easy then

By the way - I have played TR for years and im not sure how you guys found TRL - all I can say is that the game now seems very watered down and rather easy. A very disappointing effort from Crystal Dynamics if they were hoping to go "back to the roots" of Tomb raider. I didnt like the way you were given hints all the way thruogh and had youre hand held as though you were unable to think for yourself. The feeling from the old games seems to have been lost in translation and now it is about graphics and short attention spans, and dress up games. Was hoping for something more from CD - while the game was fun , it was very short and extremely linear imo. What happened to the exploration ? And does swimming really have to use four buttons haha

Hah! Got the two silvers on Japan! Take that! (so easy! How did I miss them?)

Oh, and anyone stuck on the gold in Kazaksthan - it's a bastard to get. I nearly gave up out of frustration, but just managed it in the end.

So, three bronzes and three silvers for the full set.

Oh, and anyone stuck on the gold in Kazaksthan - it's a bastard to get. I nearly gave up out of frustration, but just managed it in the end.

That'll be me.

Spent a couple of hours looking for that bastard.. not ready to give up just yet, but is it something to do with that Tesla Machine thingy?

Its frustrating as there is only that gold and one silver in Nepal standing between me and 100%

I've completed every level on hard and in Time Trial mode... except Kazakstan :D I hated it first time around, I'm not really in a hurry to play it again.

I've just finished England in just over 17 minutes, leaving 11 minutes left on the clock! And I fouled up a couple of times, I could easily knock a good few minutes off that time. It took me 1hr40mins first time through!

Blimey! A massive thread.

A few short answers, if possible, is this game worth getting? I might treat myself to something new tomorrow.

How short do you want your answer? This is about as short as I can get it: yes.

Seriously, well worth picking up.

That'll be me.

Spent a couple of hours looking for that bastard.. not ready to give up just yet, but is it something to do with that Tesla Machine thingy?

Its frustrating as there is only that gold and one silver in Nepal standing between me and 100%

Well, in a bout of completeness I just finished everything. Every bronze, silver and gold, all time trials - everything! Go me! I cannot honestly remember the last time I 100% a game. I really can't. The Gold in Kazaksthan is to do with the tesla machine and the moveable platform. And the silver in Nepal... Here's some clues...

Have you got the one right near the beginning? That was the last one I found. Just before you pull yourself up to shoot the ice door, keep shimmying to the left. Or maybe it's the one behind the ice door just on above the plane. When you run across the first bit of platforming after seeing the plane you swing on your grapple. Turn around when you land and there is some ice to shoot. The silver is behind that. The others are all pretty easy to get, I think.

You get a nice couple of extras at the end.

A nice black swimsuit to run around the mansion in (along with the white one already unlocked) and you get a cheat to wield The Soul Reaver. I grinned when I saw that.

Time on the clock for everything is about 17hours now. I#d call that pretty decent overall.

One slight annoyance though. Even though I have everything unlocked, my total is only at 99%. I'm sure I haven't missed anything.

^ Have a look at the objectives in Croft manor. Does the main objective show as being complete? Mine doesn't even though I'm fairly certain I have done everything..

Found all Bronze

Found all Silver

Found the Gold

Have PLS

Have Grapple

Have Pistols

Have Binoculars

Opened both secret tunnels

Is there anything else?

The Gold in Kazaksthan is to do with the tesla machine and the moveable platform.

Nice one.. now to just work out how to do it :D

And the silver in Nepal... Here's some clues...

Have you got the one right near the beginning? That was the last one I found. Just before you pull yourself up to shoot the ice door, keep shimmying to the left. Or maybe it's the one behind the ice door just on above the plane. When you run across the first bit of platforming after seeing the plane you swing on your grapple. Turn around when you land and there is some ice to shoot. The silver is behind that. The others are all pretty easy to get, I think.

Hmm Im sure Ive got both of those.. I just know its going to be a really obvious one, but Ive replayed the level about 3 times now and still cant find it.

Ah, there is another one. It took me a while to find it, and it's really out the way...

In the big room where you get Excalibur. When you first enter, kill the snow leopard and then head down the stairs to the right. Once at the bottom there is a section of wall you can shoot. Scan with the RAD mode - it's against the back wall, a thin section. Shoot that out for the silver. I bet that's the one.

Main objective? What is this witchcraft you speak of!?

And both secret tunnels...? :D

In Croft Manor bring up your PDA, slect "Objectives". You will see a main objective and four sub-objectives. My main objective is not showing as being completed.

Secret tunnels;

1. Swimming pool to the gym.

2. Bedroom to the study.

Well, yeah, I've done all that and got everything - light, binocs...

Hang on, have I got the binocs? Where are they? No, i do have them. My main objective just says Search the Croft Manor for it's secrets. Where does it say completed?

Ah, there is another one. It took me a while to find it, and it's really out the way...

In the big room where you get Excalibur. When you first enter, kill the snow leopard and then head down the stairs to the right. Once at the bottom there is a section of wall you can shoot. Scan with the RAD mode - it's against the back wall, a thin section. Shoot that out for the silver. I bet that's the one.

Fantastic! Thats the fella.. I did have a bit of a look around in there but didnt use the RAD vision.

Cheers Squirtle

Tip for anybody struggling with the time trials;

If you do the time trial for Bolivia Redux you unlock a rather nifty 'one hit kills' cheat which can be used on the other time trials.

Yes, it is filled in. Must just be one of those things, I guess.

Mine isn't. :D

By the way, I added you as a prefered player so you are now very, very close to 5 star rep. Surely somebody else here can do the same after the amount of useful tips Mr. Squirtle has given? Go on, you know you want to!

Sure thing baby, I'll do you too! :D

Accept my friend request and then we either have to play something or wait 24 hours I think. It won't simply let you 'prefer' somebody straight away after adding them, unless you have already played together.

Edit: Actually it does now. You are now on a rather impressive 3 1/2 stars.

Tip for anybody struggling with the time trials;

If you do the time trial for Bolivia Redux you unlock a rather nifty 'one hit kills' cheat which can be used on the other time trials.

I have another great tip for people struggling in the Time Trials:

Give up. You're shit at games.