IGNORED

Tomb Raider Legend

garuneku

I think I finished it on my first run in about seven hours, then I went back later and grabbed all the hidden shit.

It's possible to do it much, much faster once you hit the time trials. I'd bet you could get the whole game down to under an hour; in fact, if I were to total up my TT times, it's probably just over an hour.

Between eight and ten hours is just the right length for a game, for me - eight hours long, but fun enough that you want to come back to it and do bits over and over again. Resi 4 for instance probably clocks in at about fifteen-twenty hours on your first run, but I've probably spent over a hundred hours on it.

Prince of Persia, too - finished my first run in five hours, but I've probably put more than fifty hours into replays.

Was really enjoying this, but frustation has gotten the better of me. The big eel thing on the England level is the worst boss ever. Unfortunately I dont have any health packs left, i've mentioned to...

drop two spikey cage things on him

but he always gets the better of me. Are there any tricks/tips to help?

Was really enjoying this, but frustation has gotten the better of me. The big eel thing on the England level is the worst boss ever. Unfortunately I dont have any health packs left, i've mentioned to...

drop two spikey cage things on him

but he always gets the better of me. Are there any tricks/tips to help?

Stick close to the middle bridge. He pops up depending on which side your on, so simply move slightly left for him to pop up there and right for him to duck back under. Use those extra few moments to take pot shots at the targets. Its frustrating as hell but thats how I managed to do it without any health packs.

Sideshow, you're shit. I did that boss on my first go, and only took a single hit.

Seriously.

Here's what you do -

Following the cut scene, run straight to the right and do a diving roll if it tries to shoot you. As soon as the bell is in range blast it with your pistols and keep blasting until the eel looks at it. Drop the cage.

Don't stand and watch him get hit. Head straight to the left and repeat - roll if you get shot at and shot the bell as soon as you get the crosshair. He'll emege on that side and immediately look at the bell. Drop the cage.

Run to the centre platform, again rolling to avoid shots when you get locked on. Repeat the process and drop the other two cages. If you fuck up now, you'll have to improvise, but ideally, you should have the bell ringing before he's even in position to take a crack at you.

Win.

That's how I did it ON MY FIRST GO. No wonder I used to touch you in your dark places when we played Splinter Cell. Oooh, daddy.

Cheers lads, finally cracked it. Realised I was waiting too long before pulling the levers.

That's how I did it ON MY FIRST GO. No wonder I used to touch you in your dark places when we played Splinter Cell. Oooh, daddy.

:angry: Stroker, you're warped!

• 3 weeks later...

Finished my first run through this last night. Great fun, feels right and is full of character. Final boss was a bit annoying and it felt like the last level and a half had been cut out of the game at the last minute, but never mind.

I gave up when I reached the England level. I just couldn't be arsed anymore.

I didn't find it very compelling either, it's a lean game with no real depth. For most of it I felt like a tourist, not an adventurer.

Like Black, it's a highly polished turd. Lovely on the surface, but vapid and uninvolving beneath the high production values with totally average/below average gameplay.

This game is schizo. I just finished it, cursing the entire way. The dialogue is so abysmally embarrassing...words fail me. The puzzles are shit, english stereotyping completely awful. Its a train wreck (for me).

So i finished it. Felt compelled to finish it. And now im enjoying the replay and time trials. Infact im enjoying this way more than something worthy like Oblivion. How strange.

Anyway can anyone tell me if finishing levels by choosing 'replay level' and then 'difficulty: hard' counts as doing the game on hard. Or do i have to start a new game?

I found it to be one of the most addictive games I've played for a while. A "quick go" ate up all of Sunday morning, then last night I missed the first 18 minutes of the footie because I just couldn't stop playing.

I really enjoyed it. It felt the same to 2006-me as the first two games in the series, which I loved, felt to 199X-me. But with added new not-annoying audio banter!

Not annoying audio? Those idiots in your ear interrupted every chance of atmosphere with 'cool!' and inane comments about history. They might aswell of called King Arthur 'dude'. Ugh.

This game is schizo. I just finished it, cursing the entire way. The dialogue is so abysmally embarrassing...words fail me. The puzzles are shit, english stereotyping completely awful. Its a train wreck (for me).

So i finished it. Felt compelled to finish it. And now im enjoying the replay and time trials. Infact im enjoying this way more than something worthy like Oblivion. How strange.

Anyway can anyone tell me if finishing levels by choosing 'replay level' and then 'difficulty: hard' counts as doing the game on hard. Or do i have to start a new game?

Think you may have to start a new game on Hard to get the achievement.

And what's wrong with the dialogue? The in game stuff is excellent (radio banter aside) and really well delivered. Keeley Hawes gives an excellent performance, I though, especially in the very end section. You really feel Lara's anger and Amanda's pretty good too.

Cheers Squirtle..

The dialogue though? I thought the point of Tomb Raider was exploring isolated ruins. Having 2 badly acted english clowns shouting 'woah, cool!' everytime Lara finds a statue or something is really grating. Also how do they know exactly what she's seeing? It must be an incredible PDA. Her sidekicks just remind me of Roy in the Simpsons.

Some of the twaddle they came out with in Arthur's Tomb was horrendous. I think there was 1 funny bit for me, the bit about coathangers on level 1. Oh and when she told Amanda she was going to execute her was ok.

Not annoying audio? Those idiots in your ear interrupted every chance of atmosphere with 'cool!' and inane comments about history. They might aswell of called King Arthur 'dude'. Ugh.

I found the interaction between the three characters very amusing myself.

I like the audio :lol: Sure, some of it is corny, but I find it well delivered and it generally adds rather then subtracts from the experiance.*

*I'm only up to Khazakstan though

Anyway, whats wrong with history? It is a game which bases itself on archeology dammit. Anyway, i like learning things without having to "study" them -_-

Angel, to get the 'Hard' achievement you can just replay the levels on hard to get it- you don't have to start a new game. Me and several others did it this way :unsure:

But you still have to play through all the levels? What's the difference? Or do you mean a new profile?