IGNORED

Tomb Raider Legend

garuneku

The only real way the game could be made harder is to up the difficulty of the combat, and if they made it stupidly hard it would just be annoying. It's not all about being difficult though... most of it is about scaling platforms, uncovering hidden passages and items and working out puzzles. Some parts are 'difficult' in that you need to work out what to do in order to progress, or get through some obstacles quickly enough. Generally, it's a relaxing game to play.

If you want hardcore action, look elsewhere.

If you want hardcore action, look elsewhere.

That's the point, I don't!

It just looks like from the achievments that this game has good replayability, and I was just asking to see if "Tomb Raider" mode was really hard.

Anyway thanks Paulando, I look forward to it :wub:

He sounds like a miserable sod who was shit at the game. Each to their of course, but some of the complaints in that article are way off. My main two gripes with the game are a shitty framerate when running in HD on the 360 version and the vehicle sections. The actual guts of the game is very solid with some really nice climbing / acrobatic sections.

I don't think you'll get the achievements if you use the cheats, not for the main story anyway, though they do work in the time trials. Hard mode really isn't that tricky, there is the odd boss that caused me some problems but the general grunts go down quick enough. Just keep jumping and dodging all over the place while shooting at them.

Various Cheats for Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)

While in game, pull and hold the Left Trigger. Note that these codes can only be used after they are unlocked.

Textureless Mode

Pull and hold LT and Press LB - A - B - A - Y - RT

To unlock code, successfully complete game.

Draw Enemy Health

Pull and Hold LT and Press X - B - A - LB - RT - Y

To unlock code, complete Bolivia level in Time Trial mode under 12:30.

Infinite Assault Rifle Ammo

Press and Hold LB and Press A - B - A - LT - X - Y

To unlock code, complete Japan level in Time Trial mode under 12:15.

Infinite Grenade Ammo

Press and Hold LB and Press LT - Y - RT - B - LT - X

To unlock code, complete Kazakhstan level in Time Trial mode under 27:10.

Infinite Shotgun Ammo

Press and Hold LB and Press RT - B - X - LT - X - A

To unlock code, complete Japan level in Time Trial mode under 12:15.

Infinite SMG Ammo

Press and Hold LB and Press B - Y - LT - RT - A - B

To unlock code, complete Peru level in Time Trial mode in under 21:30.

Bulletproof Lara

Pull and Hold LT and Press A - RT - Y - RT - X - LB

To unlock code, complete England level in Time Trial mode under 27:00.

One Shot Kill

Pull and Hold LT and Press Y - A - Y - X - LB - B

To unlock code, complete Bolivia Redux level in Time Trial mode in under 4:15.

Wield Excalibur

Press and Hold LT and Press Y - A - B - RT - Y - LT

To unlock code, complete Nepal level in Time Trial mode under 13:40.

Wield Soul Reaver

Press and Hold LB and Press A - RT - B - RT - LT - X

To unlock code, successfully complete game with a 100% completion.

Im *still* really quite bitter about this game, i played the thing in may and it still pisses me off.

The angel of darkness was a technical nightmare, but a lot of levels were really quite captivating if you could get over the deficiencies in control and the endless parade of bugs.

This however was pretty faultless technically but had no depth at all, had none of the puzzles that typified the series beforehand, it was just a straightforwrd one pace dash from start to midpoint (i didnt get an ending with my copy and didnt really feel that the plot deserved to be stretched over two games)

The saddest thing is if core had another go they could have possibly solved the technical issues and produced a solid sequel, but the problems with this one (well the problems as far as my taste are concerned) will probably define whatever life the series has got left.

Its pretty bloody obvious that any person who puts time trials in *doesnt* understand the previous games at all.

where the hell did warren spector go anyhow? he wasnt involved in the end was he?

Quesion:

Can you use the cheats in story or just time trial?

Also can you use the cheats you unlocked on one of the time trial levels and use it on one you haven't done yet?

Disclaimer: This might be wrong :D

My understanding is, all the cheats are available to use from the very time you play, however it isn't until you complete certain levels that the game actually tells you what the cheats are. (There is a menu that shows you what ones you have unlocked) So I think you can use the 'unlocked' cheats and still get the achievements. I really would recommend you just try the game first though, I expect you'll find it easier than perhaps you imagine.

As for the time trials, you can use any unlocked cheats to help you complete the levels in that mode.

A few questions:

What the heck do you do at croft manner about then?

I just did Bolivia on Hard and it was fine. Are the levels further on more difficult?

Thanks.

Ace so far (well i've only really played what is in the demo and tiny bit more!)

Croft Manor is basically just a bonus level, there are a lot of shrines in it if you are trying to collect them. The game doesn't get much harder to be honest, a few of the bosses can be a bit tricky but the actual levels aren't too bad. Plus you resume from near to where you died so it's pretty forgiving.

Croft Manor is basically just a bonus level, there are a lot of shrines in it if you are trying to collect them. The game doesn't get much harder to be honest, a few of the bosses can be a bit tricky but the actual levels aren't too bad. Plus you resume from near to where you died so it's pretty forgiving.

Yeah.

Is it difficult to get 60 Brone, 30 Silver, 5 Gold?

How many of each are there in the game...

Yeah, there are loads in the manor :D

And yes to your second question. I finished the game on easy, then finished the levels on hard out of order and I got the achievement. It doesn't matter what order you finish them in, or if you finish an earlier level again but on a lower difficulty.

I have no idea what the hell's supposed to be done at one point in the FIRST LEVEL. There's like, three buttons to have crates put onto, and... I have no frigging idea how you get them out of the shallow water bit.

I have no idea what the hell's supposed to be done at one point in the FIRST LEVEL. There's like, three buttons to have crates put onto, and... I have no frigging idea how you get them out of the shallow water bit.

Drag one of the boxes onto the low end of the see-saw, and have Lara jump onto the other end from the platform.

Lara, having eaten all the pies, will launch the box high into the air and onto the platform. Then it's just a case of shoving 'em around onto the switches.