IGNORED

Tomb Raider Legend

garuneku

Sorry, I haven't read all this thread, and the topic search (for the word 'ending') doesn't seem to work at the moment.

I've just finished this game. I thought it was pretty good, but is the ending really supposed to be that sudden, of Halo 2 proportions, or is there another level I need to unlock or something?

Your definition of the word "joy" must be completely different to mine.

Here's my definition:

the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation

What's yours?

Here's my definition:

the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation

What's yours?

This version of joy is the most appropriate in regard to Tomb Raider Legend. Roll on the sequel. :lol:

Just finished it this morning.

Lovely stuff, roll on the next 'part' of the Legend franchise.

One complaint I would have is that there's too much emphasis on the assault course part of the game with too few puzzles or arenas for you to explore, but on the flip side the number of secrets and unlockables are brilliant. now I'm finished I actually want to play it again (only 3 silver secrets to get in the mansion!).

Hats off to Crystal Dynamics. Now where's the new Soul Reaver? :D

Just finished it this morning.

Lovely stuff, roll on the next 'part' of the Legend franchise.

One complaint I would have is that there's too much emphasis on the assault course part of the game with too few puzzles or arenas for you to explore, but on the flip side the number of secrets and unlockables are brilliant. now I'm finished I actually want to play it again (only 3 silver secrets to get in the mansion!).

Hats off to Crystal Dynamics. Now where's the new Soul Reaver? ;)

There's a nice surprise in the form of a cheat for those needing a SR fix.

As if to prove how gay I am for Tomb Raider, I've just noticed a fan service reference:

On the plane at the start of the game, Lara and her mum are discussing the yeti drawings in Lara's colouring book. Lara is adamant they exist.

Cue the opening cinematic from the first game where Lara is reading a newspaper with the headline "Lara Conquers Bigfoot!" :(

Does the difficulty setting affect unlockables/secrets, or can you unlock all the unlockables by just collecting the secrets? What does completing the time trials do?

As if to prove how gay I am for Tomb Raider, I've just noticed a fan service reference:

On the plane at the start of the game, Lara and her mum are discussing the yeti drawings in Lara's colouring book. Lara is adamant they exist.

Cue the opening cinematic from the first game where Lara is reading a newspaper with the headline "Lara Conquers Bigfoot!" :(

Does the difficulty setting affect unlockables/secrets, or can you unlock all the unlockables by just collecting the secrets? What does completing the time trials do?

I don't think the difficulty affects the bonus content but getting all of the Golds/Silvers and the completing the Time Trials definitely unlocks more stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

This was released for the PAL Gamecube yesterday and after a quick run through of the first Bolivian level it is almost a carbon copy port of the PS2 version. The only differences I can see so far are that the loading times are slightly quicker and the game doesn't seem to be as dark as it was on the PS2 with Lara's shoulder touch now casting light more than two feet in front of her. I've noticed some flickering textures whilst running round but they are normally out of the way so don't distract too much from the gameplay.

• 4 weeks later...

Just started playing this on the 360 today.

The last TR game I played was the original on the Playstation, which I really loved.

Goddamned this game is good. Really enjoying it. Shame it took umpteen crap sequels before a decent one came out.

Yeah it aint bad. Enjoy it while you can though, its a little short.

I must be getting old; I ended up enjoying it more, coz it was short.

Simply don't have the time for these new fanged long games that take months to complete. <mutter mumble, back in my day etc.>

(any Zelda game is an exception)