The Ultimate "Insert Dish Here" recipe EVAR!

I prefer a burger without onions in it but loads on top :P

Also I cook my chips on 90 until they're soft, about 10-15 mins then blast them on 180 for about 4 minutes - they come out so crunchy and delicious that they bounce off the plate straight into my mouth.

Also after many trials, king edwards have always come out tops!

I just made Ramsey's burger (plus or minus a couple of ingredients). My god it makes a FAT burger. I had a tiny little bap too, so the burger ended up looking comical. Ended up using some red leicester that was lying around and some left-over brie as well. The brie was excellent in the burger! The red leicester I totally didn't notice. Rubbish.

I didn't have any chips, just had it with a nice little salad. Great dinner.

I just made Ramsey's burger (plus or minus a couple of ingredients). My god it makes a FAT burger. I had a tiny little bap too, so the burger ended up looking comical. Ended up using some red leicester that was lying around and some left-over brie as well. The brie was excellent in the burger! The red leicester I totally didn't notice. Rubbish.

I didn't have any chips, just had it with a nice little salad. Great dinner.

I've had brie and pear on a burger before now, which was surprisingly nice

I couldn't bring myself to make that Rob. It may be the Uk's favourite, but it's not mine.

However, on the same sort of tip, what about Thai Green Curry instead? It's prettier, tastier, and more specific, rather than the multitude of India-wide dishes that comprise "curry", to which I could never do justice.

well a curry full stop is what I want.

A green ................... how about a red or yellow asd not many people have had those?

Thai Green Curry is the famous one though, the one that people will think "I'd like to make that!". Keep it simple, keep it to things people recognise, that's the remit. Any variations and elaborations are for other occasions, in my opinion.

I'd be up for a Veggie dish, as we haven't had one yet. And I'm always up for a roast, which will cover how to make roast tatties.

A shortlist then:

Thai Green Curry

Sunday Roast

A. Veggie Dish (Mushroom Risotto?)

Maybe time for a dessert again too?

Definitely do that mushroom risotto at some point! Thai green curry sounds good though, I'll leave out the shrimp paste and pack it with veg instead of chicken (or whatever you use) :blink:

I've never made that, be interesting to make a really authentic version. Keep it in mind for a future issue.

I think it's got to be Thai Green Curry this week though, it's just what I fancy. With what though, sticky rice? Or coconut rice?

DB, didn't you post up a recipe for it recently? Let's have a butcher's!

Terrific stuff. Hadn't banked on making Papaya Salad as well though, might be a bit tricky getting green Papaya and Tamarind water.

I may make a special trip to a Chinese wholesalers for this, there's a place called Sae Woo's in Charlton. They'll have the proper ingredients for sure.

Do you not put a whole load of Coriander in the paste as well?

If they have it in Sae Woo (and thinking about it, I bet they have), I'll send you some.

Roger that re. the Coriander. For the roast cumin and coriander seeds, do you toast it off in a pan and then grind it yourself in a pestle and mortar?

As this is the ultimate I'd recommend getting the proper Thai ingredients

Thai Basil

Galangal

Nam Pla

Kaffir Limes etc

And the I believe the Authentic way to cook your meats is to get Coconut Cream and cook it on a high heat untl it splits, then you fry the meat in the coconut Oil.

As this is the ultimate I'd recommend getting the proper Thai ingredients

Thai Basil

Galangal

Nam Pla

Kaffir Limes etc

And the I believe the Authentic way to cook your meats is to get Coconut Cream and cook it on a high heat untl it splits, then you fry the meat in the coconut Oil.

Agreed re. the ingredients. I should be able to get them, but I'll provide easy alternatives for people who might want to try this but only have access to a supermarket (or live in the depths of Cornwall).

For the second point - well, I could give it a go, but is it really necessary? I mean, cut me some slack, I'm not actually Thai! ;)

also, and I know I'm starting to sound like a pedant here, but it's noticably more tastier if you make your green curry paste using a pestal and mortar rather than a food processor.

Though its hard graft unless you have one of those huge heavy ones

also, and I know I'm starting to sound like a pedant here, but it's noticably more tastier if you make your green curry paste using a pestal and mortar rather than a food processor.

Though its hard graft unless you have one of those huge heavy ones

Yeah, you can see mine in the Chocolate Brownie thread - too small.