IGNORED

Alien Vs Predator 2: Requiem

Goose

Aw, hells yes. Now we're talking. This is the movie every kid's been imagining since they saw Aliens, right?

When you say Kid's do you mean under or around 18's seeing Aliens now? or under or around 18's at the time Aliens was first released?

Because this soulless, myth destroying, Pepsi Mega Cup, KFC Bucket franchised shite is nigh blasphemous to me.

• 2 weeks later...
When you say Kid's do you mean under or around 18's seeing Aliens now? or under or around 18's at the time Aliens was first released?

Because this soulless, myth destroying, Pepsi Mega Cup, KFC Bucket franchised shite is nigh blasphemous to me.

I mean, when I was about 13, a decade ago, when Aliens first came on ITV, that was the sort of thing that kept me up at night. Aliens arriving in town and going on a killing spree. Awesome.

Blasphemous? Are you kidding me?

Well, blasphemous sounds a tad OTT in retrospect - they're only movies after all.

If you're impressed and fall into the (13-24?) marketing demographic then I'd say they did a good job. For anybody that remembers when movies had to make money at cinemas to be considered successful then it's a straight fail.

Looks highly derivative. Nothing special at all.

"There's no monster"? Check

Scary monster appears at window? Check

Spunky woman in vest firing a large gun? Check

Military making a hash of the situation? Check

"Get out of the water!"? Check

I mean, I could go on (no-one died).

Silent night was nice, I'll give it that.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at that trailer... I wanted to see a Predator standing on top of the 20th Century Fox logo, then as the camera pulls around, to have the bottom swarming with Aliens. That would have been cool.

I'm rather looking forward to this; especially seeing the fight in a real location. AvP was enjoyable, accepting that it's not canon, but the pyramid/ice setting seemed too remote to feel like Earth.

I think the "Requiem" bit is superfluous really. Aliens vs Predator was good on its own. No need to dress it up further with The Unnecessary Subtitle.

The predators don't seem to be so big, muscular and blokey in this one though, which instantly makes AVP2 better than the shit-pile original.

Yeah they have always been like that though, even in the originals. I mean they have the basic body shape of a massive muscular bloke. But yeah they looked a bit shit in AVP.

I bet Giger just loves them messing about with his creation. ;)

He's probably used to it now, it's been happening since the first sequel. I could be wrong but didn't Cameron say one of the first things he did was remove the 'pipes' from the alien's back? The head changed a fair bit too.

The Predalien looks pretty much how I assumed it would. Not overly keen on it though.