Alien Vs Predator 2: Requiem

Goose

Why is there such a thing as a Predator/Alien hybrid?

There are no Human/Alien hybrids so why a Predator/Alien hybrid?

The aliens in the first and second films are human/ alien hybrids. The alien takes on characteristics of whatever creature it grows inside.

Me and Jono from this here forum went to see it tonight as it just got released in Australia.

He gave it a 1/10 and I gave it a 5/10.

He hasn't seen the first AVP - which I reckon if he had he would given this a higher score.

A very average movie, with no good characters to be honest. It's messy, too dark (and I don't mean Aliens dark, I mean to dark to see what the fuck is going on most of the movie) and feels like a fan movie by people who didn't have a clue about scriptwriting.

Oh and the abililty of the Predalien to ingest babies straight into people without the need of a facehugger was a shit way of creating more Aliens in the town.

One last thing, the Aliens don't act like Aliens in previous movies which is a shame.

And neither does the Predator.

A very average movie, with no good characters to be honest.

It's messy, too dark (and I don't mean Aliens dark, I mean to dark to see what the fuck is going on most of the movie)

One last thing, the Aliens don't act like Aliens in previous movies which is a shame.

And neither does the Predator.

I agree with all these points.

It's really not very good. I thought it was very dark, but maybe that was my cam version (although the "day" sections looked normal).

Did like that nearly everyone died, was shocked when "Young female love interest" died.

The PredAlien/BabyMaker was odd, and as you say clearly done to up Alien numbers...(which didn't seem to work if you pay attention to it anyway).

Did "Female Lead Soldier" even TRY to help her husband?

Since when have Predator weapons been based on "knockback" (which is how it appeared).

I agree with all these points.

It's really not very good. I thought it was very dark, but maybe that was my cam version (although the "day" sections looked normal).

Did like that nearly everyone died, was shocked when "Young female love interest" died.

The PredAlien/BabyMaker was odd, and as you say clearly done to up Alien numbers...(which didn't seem to work if you pay attention to it anyway).

Did "Female Lead Soldier" even TRY to help her husband?

Since when have Predator weapons been based on "knockback" (which is how it appeared).

I felt that everyone dying was just them trying to copy Alien/Aliens

They didn't explain the Predalien well, and it was bizarre how there always seemed to be more aliens than facehuggers at the beginning.

The female soldier was useless, she did nothing - except of course it was amazing that she was a soldier BUT could drive the APC and fly a helicopter - they don't teach grunts that kind of shit - plus she did nothing throughout most of the movie except looked scared. What kind of a soldier is that?!?!?

I hated the way they allowed the woman, the child, the caring tough guy, and the nice intelligent guy to live - Hmm, let's see woman (Ripley), child (Newt), caring tough guy (Hicks), intelligent one (Bishop) - OMG they just copied Aliens. Cunts.

What do you mean by knockback? Do you mean kickback?

i didnt think Resurrection was that bad. I held of watching it for years but i got the quadrilogy really chip and watched it. Saying that i can not remember it at all.. just that i thought it wasnt as bad as everyone said it was.

its a shame this new one isnt as good. Is it really better than paul andersons effort? cos while i thought it wasnt great, it was kinda entertaining for a couple hours..

I enjoyed all Alien movies except 3 - cause they killed off one of my favourite characters for no god damn reason. Grr.

Resurrection is worth seeing for the swimming Aliens :lol:

This new one is better than Anderson's but not by much.

The aliens in the first and second films are human/ alien hybrids. The alien takes on characteristics of whatever creature it grows inside.

The concept of a Predator hybrid is nothing new either. It was certainly in the Aliens Predator CCG I played almost a decade ago, and possibly in the graphic novels and books for all I know. It was awesome in the game though, especially when the Ressurection expansion introduced the wimp Predator NPCs you could impregnate. B)

I didnt mind Alien 3, the directors cut is better though.

Alien 3 is worth watching just for the scene where the Alien is right next to ripleys head.

I really hated Resurrection, mainly for the alien/human hybrid, the directors cut is even worse with the CG fly at the beginning.

What do you mean by knockback? Do you mean kickback?

I mean Predator weapons used to just "Burn through" things (Like that guys arms in Pred 1).

In this they seem to "hit" solid, with a lot of force and knock enemies back (Like in the sewer when the knocked the aliens into the laser grids he'd placed).

It did do damage/kill, but it seemed to be more "momentum" based that in previous films.

I mean Predator weapons used to just "Burn through" things (Like that guys arms in Pred 1).

In this they seem to "hit" solid, with a lot of force and knock enemies back (Like in the sewer when the knocked the aliens into the laser grids he'd placed).

It did do damage/kill, but it seemed to be more "momentum" based that in previous films.

From what I could see, the canon in this looks different to the shoulder canon in the previous Predator movies. So it could just be a different type of weapon.

So, I found a decent-quality camvid of this and gave it a shot. If you're looking for an artfully crafted scare machine, combining the pulse-pounding terror of Aliens with Predator's man-vs-nature-vs-monster face-off... this ain't it. Don't go spending £10 going to the pictures to see this, and for the love of Christ don't try to talk your girlfriend into going too. It's 90 minutes of wondering how aliens, a predator and a predalien are going to ruin people's shit, then watching them ruin people's shit.

Good make-up and costume effects, CGI wasn't unforgiveably bad, messed with the canon a teeeeeensy bit... but it's a good rental movie I'd say.

If they do another one, they blatantly need to do it with subtitles for the respective languages. I bet the Aliens are really super-intellectual idealists devoted to a fair and equal Communist society for all while the Predators are just typical redneck jock hunter types.

"Lets go kill uhs sum Zeeeeenomorfs, boys!"

"Those beastly savages are trying to destroy our home and steal our babies again, fight them comrades!"

Set it in, say, Manchester.

Honestly, this was amongst the worst movies I have ever seen. It was just shit.

First off, it's generic "Dawson's Creek with special appearances by..." all over again. For fuck's sake! Set it in the future, like Aliens is supposed to be!

Secondly, the shoe-horned in "can we trust our government" social commentary was laughably bad. It was almost like I could SMELL the directors yearning to give the film some kind of greater context, but in the shadow of the "corporate exploitation" sub-plot of the previous Alien movies it just showed up how shit this movie is.

The characters were laughable and forgettable. I can't remember a single one of their names. I remember there was a cop, and some kind of military mom, but that's it.

The kid, probably put there to evoke memories of noot from Aliens was onscreen for about 8 seconds and may as well have not been there.

The pregnant woman scene was funny, not horrifying or terrifying, because it was just like the makers screaming in my ear "We're not capable of doing Aliens' action or Alien's psychological terror so we're just going to portray something nasty to pretend we can do horror!"

"Get to the chopper!"??? Who the FUCK ARE YOU? You hollywood fine-jawed slender shouldered NOBODY! I almost wanted to be at the premiere with Arnie, and hear his big belly laugh at this effort to reproduce his awsome line.

I don't remember a moment of the background score. I remember loads of Alien's, Aliens', Predator's, even bits of Predator 2's.

The Predator walks out of water with his camouflage on, then turns if off? Alien blood is only a problem where the plot dictates it would be interesting to be so? Why didn't the helicopter melt when the woman shot an alien on it? Why did the hot girl die? Because if the directors wanted us to feel sorry for her 1-dimensional "OMG I AM BLONDE AND I HAEV TITS AND ARE JAILBAIT" routine then they don't have a fucking clue what Aliens OR Predator are supposed to be about.

The whole film seemed to build up to a final Alien/Predator battle that was short, crap, and unfulfilling. Hell the combat in AvP1 was better, and that was pretty crap.

It was just trash. Not even good trash, absolutely terrible film-making at every step of the way. The dialogue was flat, the characters poor, the situation generic and the problems many. It neither had the tension of Predator, the characters of Alien nor the action of Aliens. Filled with gory gimmicks and padded out with teen angst, with no respect for the previous movies in the series, this film to me failed on every level a major popcorn flick can fail on.

0/5.

Talking to someone at work the other day, who likes Alien vs Predator more than the first two Alien films. His argument is that "they were good for their time". It seems once he's seen a film, it magically becomes shit when a newer one comes out.

Y'see people, this is what we're dealing with. This is why shit films continue to get made, because the unwashed masses don't mind if Hollywood throws buckets of shit at a cinema screen. These people are on the front row, rolling in the cinematic excrement. And lovin' it.

Talking to someone at work the other day, who likes Alien vs Predator more than the first two Alien films. His argument is that "they were good for their time". It seems once he's seen a film, it magically becomes shit when a newer one comes out.

Y'see people, this is what we're dealing with. This is why shit films continue to get made, because the unwashed masses don't mind if Hollywood throws buckets of shit at a cinema screen. These people are on the front row, rolling in the cinematic excrement. And lovin' it.

Kill him now. It's for the best of mankind.