New mage talents in 1.11

kitten

Can we keep the drama to the official WoW forums please? :angry:

Seriously, it seems discussion has basically taken a back seat, and everyone must attack everyones posts in this folder these days.

Shut it, you big hairy-arsed cownub. I've never read so much self-righteous nonsense in all my life as this so-called 'post' of yours.

/hug Khaz

Can I have another rez please?

:)

Back to the review. Do people think it will make much difference? Talking to other mages in game those that like AP are still going to spec AP after 1.11. Blizz seems to want mages to centre around crits. Crits are aggro free, crits give 30% of mana back. Shatter critting off all spells not just frost and then the new winters chill is crit based as well. Crits, after mages have spent the last 6 months ignoring crit gear for +damage gear..

I'll try out an Elemental build but i have serious doubts it will have the mana to last a Neffy fight :D

I still can't believe that armour talent btw.

are there any alliance guild on Draenor ready to accept me when i hit 60?

:( I didn't think so.

DO NOT give up at 60, this isn't the best place to look for Alliance guilds really, look around on the official forums, make contacts in game etc. or...if a transfer to ER ever comes up join us in PL!!! :ph34r:

Also pretty off topic really ;)

Back to the review. Do people think it will make much difference? Talking to other mages in game those that like AP are still going to spec AP after 1.11. Blizz seems to want mages to centre around crits. Crits are aggro free, crits give 30% of mana back. Shatter critting off all spells not just frost and then the new winters chill is crit based as well. Crits, after mages have spent the last 6 months ignoring crit gear for +damage gear..

I'll try out an Elemental build but i have serious doubts it will have the mana to last a Neffy fight :ph34r:

I still can't believe that armour talent btw.

Tbh, it's probably true that an arcane based build is better suited to a large number of situations. Particularly for mana and regen, but it's all about adding the flexibility, i.e. spec elementalist but be prepared to have to down pots all the time to make up for a slight mana shortage.

Bit annoying the crit stuff, as the majority of mages are more +dmg orientated rather than +crit. Crit is just something I get on some gear, the more the better, but I'd rather flat damage most of the time (it's all about getting though each of the 100 point milestones, 500 dmg here i come).

:ph34r: I didn't think so.

Your actually in the lucky position of being able to sign up for Alliance Molten Core pick up group runs with Shinasu. Shame this never happened when I hit 60 on Horde. Do this enough and you can probably get a good feel for raiding, and also may get a good word said about you by the top raiding guild on Draenor, which may get you in a guild.

DO NOT give up at 60, this isn't the best place to look for Alliance guilds really, look around on the official forums, make contacts in game etc. or...if a transfer to ER ever comes up join us in PL!!! :(

Also pretty off topic really :lol:

Your actually in the lucky position of being able to sign up for Alliance Molten Core pick up group runs with Shinasu. Shame this never happened when I hit 60 on Horde. Do this enough and you can probably get a good feel for raiding, and also may get a good word said about you by the top raiding guild on Draenor, which may get you in a guild.

cheers guys.

:lol: I didn't think so.

What an odd place to put this post.....

Anyway, having a look at the mages forum, I think that if anything most the people on there should be killed. It'd be like a form of natural selection, to prevent them from speading their genes, and to avoid general contact with society. It'd be for the best. I've seriously never seen such a bunch of whiney dicks as on there. Almost as whiney as Mr Benn :rolleyes:

What an odd place to put this post.....

Anyway, having a look at the mages forum, I think that if anything most the people on there should be killed. It'd be like a form of natural selection, to prevent them from speading their genes, and to avoid general contact with society. It'd be for the best. I've seriously never seen such a bunch of whiney dicks as on there. Almost as whiney as Mr Benn :rolleyes:

I totally agree. Did you see how one guy had suggested they give Mages an instant cast spell that makes them immune to all magic for 15 seconds so that they can beat casters as easily as they beet melee.

What a fucking idiot.

I totally agree. Did you see how one guy had suggested they give Mages an instant cast spell that makes them immune to all magic for 15 seconds so that they can beat casters as easily as they beet melee.

What a fucking idiot.

One guy wanted invisibility (on a cooldown though!!!!), some form of aggro wipe, and the possibility to have pets (but specced in the talent tree, so that it wouldnt be overpowered!!1111lololol). I've seen plenty of other people on there complaining because they have to stand still to cast their more powerful spells. Apparently pyroblast is useless because you cant spam it in fights, and you may as well use fireballs instead. One guy even (seriously) suggested that they should be able to spec to give them tanking abilities. I kid you not.

I think the thing that most mages forgot is that talents are being reworked to allow many different specs to be viable endgame builds and that it's not just a general buff. Personally i think that's exactly what they've done. Now they just need to sort out caster itemisation and everyone'll be happy.

"GEIV NAXRAMAS EPIXXX PLOX!!!" is what i think you'll here more often.

I think the thing that most mages forgot is that talents are being reworked to allow many different specs to be viable endgame builds and that it's not just a general buff. Personally i think that's exactly what they've done. Now they just need to sort out caster itemisation and everyone'll be happy.

"GEIV NAXRAMAS EPIXXX PLOX!!!" is what i think you'll here more often.

Yeah, exactly, most of them have missed the point entirely. I think the review has been totally successfull. If i play my mage again, I will more than likely spec frost/fire, but there's a lot more potential in there now.

The warrior class leader in my old raiding guild was a great tank, but he knew NOTHING about PVP. With the best PVP armor and weapons in the game he'd rant about how Blizzard were faggots and they kept nerfing warriors and how they were terrible in PVP. :)

I'm really happy with the review. The Frost tree is simply amazing now.

On the Frost note Tseric said that Naxx won't be a resist based dungeon like MC or BWL and that Frost Mages will be fine in there. I think Ill go deep frost after the review then, the new Ice barrier is simply too good a PvE tool to pass up imo.

Add in the new +hit talent, 10% crit from winters chill and -30% aggro and I'll be doing some serious damage. My forstbolts are already touching 1k damage and I don't have any real damage gear from BWL yet.

On the Frost note Tseric said that Naxx won't be a resist based dungeon like MC or BWL and that Frost Mages will be fine in there. I think Ill go deep frost after the review then, the new Ice barrier is simply too good a PvE tool to pass up imo.

I'm pretty positive that's utter bullshit. The Naxx patch adds 12 new pieces of crafted epic frost resist armor (3 per armor type), and Kel'Thuzad is one big pissed off lich.

I think the point was that the whole place isn't frost based.

There maybe be one or two fights where you have to switch to fire/arcane but that's not a major issue. But in honesty that's the same as MC, fire works very well in there against most mobs.

Yeah, especially with a decent amount of +hit and -resist gear. Fire is underated for PVE IMO, only real problem is the obscene mana costs compared to frost. :)

I think a bigger problem personally is the amount of debuff slots it takes up. say you have 4 fire mages casting fireballs, thats 4 there. More when they crit and yet another if 1 has improved scorch. It adds up, the only other thing I'd like from this review is for fireball's dots to stack into 1 debuff slot. Scorch takes care of alot of this but it doesn't have the same kick as a fireball.

If you have rank 11 Frostbolt the difference in damage over a long fight isn't that big really. IMO it's not a big enough difference to warrant the loss of Iceblock and the effiency of frost for PvE. It's in burst damage where Fire really shines I think.

I just think the 1.11 Frost tree is simply mouth watering. You could take every single talent in the tree bar Improved Frost Ward and you wouldn't have a single filler talent. Fire is very, very nice now as well but the Frost tree just amazes me.

I'll essentially be doing 16% more damage while causing 30% less threat and have a ton of added snares and an amazing PvE shield when 1.11 hits compared to what I have now. What will I lose? PoM and perhaps improved CS depending on what build I go for.

Agreed. I love the new changes and will going even further into frost that the current talents allow me to. I'm predominantly a PvE player, so have left out frostbite and shatter, and ice barrier. I don't PvP seriously enough to worry about missing these things, or improved CS etc.

This is my proposed build, at first glance. But there's a lot of potential for tinkering.

Picked up Ringo's Blizzard Boots last night in BWL, so the top-end of my base frostbolt damage now exceeds 1000. The first Neltharion's Tear or Staff Of The Shadow Flame to drop will be mine, and I still need to apply the ZG shoulder and leg enchants - so I have plenty of upside on my damage output yet. Hurrah.

EDIT: I *like* frost ward, or rather I can see a lot of potential for it in light of the craftable frost resistant items being leaked ahead of 1.11.

You have no interest in full NW then Pinkmoon?

I'm still undecided. I've talked to mages ingame that have full NW and they say it is awesome. They all say that in boss fights they out DPS the mages with the best mix and match pieces. The only reservation I have is that a full set is as much a trap as it is a blessing. You switch out a single piece and you lose the reason you got a full set in the first place :(

I'm definately taking Ice barrier, I think it will be really nice for fights where bosses have AoE damage. Which is most boss fights really. Elemental focus will be a huge talent for frosties. I recently got an extra +4% to hit and it makes a very noticeable difference on boss fights.

I'm seriously thinking about putting 35+ talent points into frost. I don't pvp much either as on ER it means a 40+ minute wait if you are alliance. I'd rather play an alt.

You have no interest in full NW then Pinkmoon?

I'm still undecided. I've talked to mages ingame that have full NW and they say it is awesome. They all say that in boss fights they out DPS the mages with the best mix and match pieces. The only reservation I have is that a full set is as much a trap as it is a blessing. You switch out a single piece and you lose the reason you got a full set in the first place :(

I'm definately taking Ice barrier, I think it will be really nice for fights where bosses have AoE damage. Which is most boss fights really. Elemental focus will be a huge talent for frosties. I recently got an extra +4% to hit and it makes a very noticeable difference on boss fights.

I'm seriously thinking about putting 35+ talent points into frost. I don't pvp much either as on ER it means a 40+ minute wait if you are alliance. I'd rather play an alt.

No, I think I'll skip full NW, at least for the time being. I took 3 pieces for the reduced aggro set bonus, and I'm happy to mix and match the rest of my gear. I've plugged my 'wishlist' gear into CTProfiles and compared it to full NW, keeping all weapons, trinkets, rings etc the same. I find I gain +46 frost damage / +1% to hit / +30 spell penetration on my wishlist gear. I give up 0.3% to crit / 8 mana per 5 / 50 health / 291 mana and an uncontrollable PoM by not going full NW. With free evocation in the new patch, I couldn't care less about the mana, and I can live without NW Focus.

Our GM got his NW gloves last night to make 8/8 and spent the rest of the evening (after he'd mopped himself down and changed his boxers) either dying or trying to escape from mobs he'd overaggroed when NW Focus proc'd; he also was burning mana like a crazy man, but then he's a committed fire mage. I think he was gradually getting things under control by the time we'd left BWL and done a couple of bosses in AQ20.

On an aesthetic level, I also think full NW is a bit hard on the eyes. Too damn busy, and the shoulders are waaaay too big. I like to look good while I pwn... B)

Depending on the content of Naxxramas (sp?), I might take Ice Barrier. As I say, there's just so much choice in the frost tree. Giev more talent points TBH.