IGNORED

Lost Planet Demo

Mr Spew

Woah, just played both levels. Excellent. A really good fun demo, with a suprising amount of content. Graphics are creamy - esp the explosions. And the 5.1 is MEATY. Loved hoping in the mech after shotting the boss alien thing. ;)

I like the idea of monitoring your body heat and having to pick up fallen enemies thermal enegry to keep alive. Adds a nice elemnt in addition to a regular health bar.

I watched the trailer for this a while back and was distinctly "meh". But having payed the demo - I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Jesus this is amazing. Definitely a worthy follow up to Resi4 for Capcom. The graphics are right up there with GRAW, possibly better - it looks pre-rendered half the time.

More importantly it's a blast to play. Really satisfying and meaty. These third person shooters seem to be all the rage right now, but I can't get enough of 'em...and this looks to be one of the best yet.

Had a crack at the first level earlier and I was really, really impressed.

It's tight in a lot of respects - the controls are perfect, the weapons are satisfying, the enemies are quite intimidating and unpredictable at times and graphically, whether it's pushing 360 any harder than previous games or not, it's got imagination by the bucketload.

Thinking back to the first trailer I'd seen, I wasn't expecting anything as good as this. Looking forward to it.

The second level is a world better than the first, I got stuck with a big cavern hole thing in the floor in the first level and died, the second level I died in some big boss room where it was all kicking off.

I cant believe people didnt think this looked like anything but aceness since the first vid was released? It was third person, made by capcom, and it had robots and aliens in it?

But yeah, prob the best, most complete demo thus far on the market place, loved it. I think this could well steal Gears of War thunder when it is released.

Erm anyone seen the new trailer on the market place? Not the pre-E3 one but the one that was released yesterday alongside the demo.

Not only are some of the bosses god damn incredible to behold but at the end up pops the tagline

Snow Pirates of the world unite!

and then it shows off the multiplayer. I didn't even know it had multiplayer but it shows players running to a bank of those mech things and all jumping in and various other shots.

I only assume it's multiplayer because they're all yellow or red teams and have player name underneath.

Also listening to the 1up show it's interesting to hear them say that Lost Planet looks better than anything they've been shown on PS3 so far. That was from after all the conferences too.

I cant believe people didnt think this looked like anything but aceness since the first vid was released? It was third person, made by capcom, and it had robots and aliens in it?

I was wary of how 'committed' Capcom would be to a Microsoft machine.

We all remember Dino Crisis 3... <shudder>

Erm anyone seen the new trailer on the market place? Not the pre-E3 one but the one that was released yesterday alongside the demo.

Not only are some of the bosses god damn incredible to behold but at the end up pops the tagline

and then it shows off the multiplayer. I didn't even know it had multiplayer but it shows players running to a bank of those mech things and all jumping in and various other shots.

:wacko:

I only assume it's multiplayer because they're all yellow or red teams and have player name underneath.

Also listening to the 1up show it's interesting to hear them say that Lost Planet looks better than anything they've been shown on PS3 so far. That was from after all the conferences too.

Hot damn, gonna have to get me some of that shit tonight when I get home!

Guest Hean Dog

Although I think Gears Of War looks..

also!

But this is by Capcom and you can drive a robot in it!!11!!

But yeah, GOW looks pretty nice also.

I've just come from watching the new trailer and playing the demo (first part). Awesome. I loved the attention to detail on the snow foot prints and the destructible scenery stuff (never got around to getting Black).

I got a huge surprise when

I lobbed a grenade into the hollow you come accross after clearing out the first two nests and a great big spider thing came up out of the snow

This one is on the A list now.

I got a huge surprise when

I lobbed a grenade into the hollow you come accross after clearing out the first two nests and a great big spider thing came up out of the snow

This one is on the A list now.

Surprise I took off. Jumped a mile, and was most embarrased when I asked my son about it this morning and he said "nope I didnt jump"

Whoa! :) I never expected Lost Planet to be this good! Damn, this game not only controls perfectly, the graphics are beautiful (best explosions in a game EVER), and it's also FUN. And multiplayer including those robots! :P

This is definitely on my 'must buy' list, this is going to be another Capcom-classic of Resi 4-esque proportions.

We need more demos like this.