IGNORED

GTA 4 on Xbox 360 and PS3 simultaneously

Don Rosco

Right, so instead of an online service like Xbox live, what should they do? Why do they need to do anything else? If it's not broke, etc.

Just because Sony have done nothing massively innovative with the PS3, doesn't make it a bad console.

What has the Xbox 360 done that's innovative? Nothing. But it's a great console.

And the PS3 doesn't just offer the same stuff as the Xbox 360.

It makes it morally bad... -_-

No, it makes it pointless - what's the point in it when the other console (360) is already out with a load of games, Halo, and GTA4 on the way? All it has is MGS.

Xbox 360 has pushed online gaming forward immensely, and Sony are trying to take credit. I'm saying they shouldn't copy Microsoft, but try and do something original, or at least SLIGHTLY different to what's being offered by Microsoft would be a starter.

Sony have done NOTHING innovative with the PS3.

+ MGS4

- Halo

Simple as that. I'll be mightily angry when I'm handing over my £978,768 for my PS3 + MGS4, I tell you.

Don't be silly.

PS3 and 360 are going to be as essential as Xbox and PS2 were - there will be more than enough reason to buy both.

According to that Eurogamer article the PSP outsold the DS and GTA LCS is the best selling handheld game in Europe since Pokemon in 2000. And the PSP only needed 3 months to overtake 6 months of DS exclusivity.

Nintendogs and MarioKartDS games sold in DS packs weren't counted as separate game sales apparently. Not sure how much of a diff it would have made for sure.

I'm just glad that Nintendo aren't getting absolutely trounced.

Nintendogs and MarioKartDS games sold in DS packs weren't counted as separate game sales apparently. Not sure how much of a diff it would have made for sure.

I'm just glad that Nintendo aren't getting absolutely trounced.

Could be, I just responded to the widely held idea that the DS is hammering the PSP, which just is not true. But if Nintendo sold a lot games that weren't counted, good for them.

PS3 and 360 are going to be as essential as Xbox and PS2 were - there will be more than enough reason to buy both.

See, I kind of agree with this, but it's all in the timing. I sure as hell won't be getting a ps3 until AT LEAST 2 years after launch, when it's a reasonable price, and there's more than 2 games on it that I badly want to play. That's a big difference to last gen, when I was playing the ps2 first, and didn't get an xbox until they were mad cheap.

According to that Eurogamer article the PSP outsold the DS and GTA LCS is the best selling handheld game in Europe since Pokemon in 2000. And the PSP only needed 3 months to overtake 6 months of DS exclusivity.

No, according to the Eurogamer article the PSP sold more software than the DS, it mentioned nothing about hardware sales. Additionally it didn't include specific bundle packs when it counted sotware on the DS like the Mario Kart and Nintendogs one.

Don't be silly.

In my mind the Xbox library has nowhere near the amount of quality titles the PS2 has, I've seen nothing much to convince me it will be any different throughout this next generation.

The Microsoft announcement seems to have had the desired effect. There was a piece on the news this morning regarding E3. They were enthusing about the Nintendo and Microsoft conferences and said that the 360 would be the only place you could play GTA4. They also said that following the three conferences, Sony could struggle this generation.

This is GTA isn't out till near a year after the ps3 release. Without exclusivity its hard to gauge what real effect it will have. Really really depends on what the two consoles will cost 15 months from now.

In my mind the Xbox library has nowhere near the amount of quality titles the PS2 has, I've seen nothing much to convince me it will be any different throughout this next generation.

This is crazy. How you can say this is beyond me. The only big guns the PS3 has at the moment are MGS4 and FFXIII. For most people, the rest of the stuff is passable and certainly doable on the supposed "inferior" X360. Many of the titles that may have been the feather in Sony's cap in the last generation (an exclusive Sonic perhaps, and most definitely GTA4) are no longer only available on their platform. When Mrs Bloggs goes into GAME to get little Timmy a machine which can play the new GTA and the new Pro Evo, will she go with the distinctly cheaper one with the same graphics and gameplay AND with the new PES, or the other one? There are tons of exciting games already out for the Xbox 360 and which are going to come. The same can't really be said about the PS3.

I do realise it's "in your mind" <_< and the PS2 DID have the best library by far this generation.

Sony have the command of 3rd party developers, not much has been shown from them yet but the support will come. That sounds like a bit of a desperate statemement to make, wasn't it in Edge the other month though where a major Publisher said 70% of its titles were PS3 and apparently the story is similar with other publishers they talked to.

They'll have the support, but not the vastly cheaper machine and the installed base.

It'll be more interesting than this generation.

Sega didn't have the marketing budget, or the tie in with the next MS operating system...

Sony have the command of 3rd party developers, not much has been shown from them yet but the support will come. That sounds like a bit of a desperate statemement to make, wasn't it in Edge the other month though where a major Publisher said 70% of its titles were PS3 and apparently the story is similar with other publishers they talked to.

You have to remember that a LOT of ps2 games are fucking shit like olsen twin games and barbie horse adventures. Because its such a casual and large market a lot more shit is shovelled forwards for it. Numbers mean fuck all, I could count the great games on the ps2 with my fingers and toes. More so marginally than say the xbox and cube, but not by a huge margin.

This is crazy. How you can say this is beyond me. The only big guns the PS3 has at the moment are MGS4 and FFXIII. For most people, the rest of the stuff is passable and certainly doable on the supposed "inferior" X360. Many of the titles that may have been the feather in Sony's cap in the last generation (an exclusive Sonic perhaps, and most definitely GTA4) are no longer only available on their platform. When Mrs Bloggs goes into GAME to get little Timmy a machine which can play the new GTA and the new Pro Evo, will she go with the distinctly cheaper one with the same graphics and gameplay AND with the new PES, or the other one? There are tons of exciting games already out for the Xbox 360 and which are going to come. The same can't really be said about the PS3.

I do realise it's "in your mind" :wacko: and the PS2 DID have the best library by far this generation.

Or most likely just buy the PS3 because they had a PS2 last time

Don't be silly.

Indeed.

But, as with the PS2, I think I'm going to wait until the console costs under £100 before I buy a PS3.

I've still not bought a PS2.

Jeez, what a load of whining old fuckers you lot are! :) Stop 'dooming' machines cause you are a fanboy and start discussing these issues when at least there is something to be discussed!

GTA4-2007?, fuck knows where both machines will be at that point!!