IGNORED

Metroid Prime: Corruption

squirtle

I really enjoyed Echoes, but it was the level design that killed it for me in the end - a save point miles from a boss whom I couldn't really be bothered figuring out. That's not good game design. There's difficult and then there's just masochistic. You're out of your mind to suggest Corruption is some kind of hand holding walk in the park compared to most of what's on the market, I'm glad they got the balance right again for the majority of players, there'll always be a few whingers though.

.::: One save-point. One bloody save-point. And then the game is broken? At the very least my criticisms are applicable to the entire game.

Me personally I get no satisfaction from beating a difficult boss. It's just a big pain in the arse that gets in the way of playing the nice exploring puzzle game. I feel relief, the same way I would had I beaten cancer. That was one of the best things about RE4. The way you could Indiana Jones the bosses.

I actually gave up in Echoes part way through the final boss when it did a triple Glen Close on me.

.::: One save-point. One bloody save-point. And then the game is broken? At the very least my criticisms are applicable to the entire game.

I wouldn't know because I can't recall how far in that save point was. It might have got worse afterwards. But it was enough to stop me carrying on. Twice.

Like I said earlier I haven't done what Corruption has told me to half the time, I've been retrawling old worlds figuring out what I can get away with. That doesn't feel like hand holding, quite the reverse. That's very good design.

Like I said earlier I haven't done what Corruption has told me to half the time, I've been retrawling old worlds figuring out what I can get away with. That doesn't feel like hand holding, quite the reverse. That's very good design.

That's what I do! I look for a door I could open and go back, and it's why it's taken me 20 hours to get to about half way. But I like it!

I don't think the problem is so much that the bosses are easy. It's just that there feels like there's little variety. There's too many "lock on and then use the free aim to hit something nearby" moments I think.

I could happily do without the bosses altogether.

IMO the 100% completion ending actually makes the ending worse.

What? Who's ship is that? All I can think of is Dark Samus, but her surviving just makes a mockery of the whole "completion of the Prime Trilogy" angle, & if it's not Her I have no idea who is left thus making it more of an annoyance than a mystery.

IMO the 100% completion ending actually makes the ending worse.

What? Who's ship is that? All I can think of is Dark Samus, but her surviving just makes a mockery of the whole "completion of the Prime Trilogy" angle, & if it's not Her I have no idea who is left thus making it more of an annoyance than a mystery.

.::: I personally thought it was

Sylux. The ship shows the same kind of design imo

I don't think the problem is so much that the bosses are easy. It's just that there feels like there's little variety. There's too many "lock on and then use the free aim to hit something nearby" moments I think.

no one would complain about that if the lock didn't exist. There's nothing wrong with aiming at a particular part of a boss. It makes more sense that just pounding round of round into them. The lock and free aim is new to FP games and, tbh, every Wii FP game from now on should feature it. It works so well.

also - I thought the boss battle with

the big robot guy who was beating the shit out of the ship

was excellent.

completely agree.

I get the impression that the majority of people playing this, or those who have, think it's great. I don't think it suffers from too much hand holding either. I quite like the communications with the AUs... I've already been to a place where it couldn't reach me (you'll know it if you've been) - and that was a great touch. Made me feel as though I was somewhere that very few people had ever been.

.::: I personally thought it was

Sylux. The ship shows the same kind of design imo

Who? :lol:

I don't recall that name from any of the Primes, unless it's in Metroid II? That's the only one iv'e skipped so "Adam" in Fusion did come a bit out of left field for me.

Edit: oh wait is that one of the Hunters from MP: Hunters? I tend to forget that's part of the series for some reason.

Who? :lol:

I don't recall that name from any of the Primes, unless it's in Metroid II? That's the only one iv'e skipped so "Adam" in Fusion did come a bit out of left field for me.

Edit: oh wait is that one of the Hunters from MP: Hunters? I tend to forget that's part of the series for some reason.

.:::

Yup, Hunters and everybody does. :lol: He always came across as the most sophisticated of the Hunters and his links to the GaFe sets him up excellently to hunt down Samus after the BSL-incident (Fusion).

Quick question. I played Prime, but gave up on a bit that had no saves for ages and an invisible drone at the end which did for me every time. I still have it though and have just started my way through it again, though I'm right at the start. However, I have a nice shiny copy of curruption that I am dying to play. Am I better playing through the 3 games in order, or can I jump straight into Corruption and go back to the others without losing out on plot etc?

Plot is rubbish, you'll miss nothing. however I reckon Prime has been the best so far, on the whole.

I may well stick with Prime first then, cheers. I loved it on my first play through, that one section I attempted about 30 times (I am poor at games). Determined to get through it this time though

I'd be tempted to go straight into corruption. They're suitably different from each other.

Prime, at least to me so far, is the better game - but it doesn't stop corruption from being excellent... and you'll get to play around with the amazing controls.

Bomb jumps are so easy now!

Prime was ahead of its time... I don't think it really gets the appreciation it deserves. It was as big a success at moving a 2D game to 3D as Zelda:TooT was. When we say Corruption isn't as good as Prime - we're saying (at least some of us) - that it's not as good as one of the best games ever made. It's like saying Halo 3 isn't as good as Halo. It's still amazing.

Could well be. Its in the Phazon mines. Managed to get past the boss with the rocket firing arms, but before the save point, there is another room with an invisible drone in. Thats what kept doing for me.

.::: Track back to the start of Chozo Ruins and get the Wavebuster (Wave+Missile Combo) first in the Tower of Light. It'll make short work of the invisible bastards as it's a homing beam. Sucks you completely dry in terms of missiles though, so beware.

.::: Track back to the start of Chozo Ruins and get the Wavebuster (Wave+Missile Combo) first in the Tower of Light. It'll make short work of the invisible bastards as it's a homing beam. Sucks you completely dry in terms of missiles though, so beware.

Cheers, will make sure I do that when I reach that point again

I'd be tempted to go straight into corruption. They're suitably different from each other.

Prime, at least to me so far, is the better game - but it doesn't stop corruption from being excellent... and you'll get to play around with the amazing controls.

Bomb jumps are so easy now!

Prime was ahead of its time... I don't think it really gets the appreciation it deserves. It was as big a success at moving a 2D game to 3D as Zelda:TooT was. When we say Corruption isn't as good as Prime - we're saying (at least some of us) - that it's not as good as one of the best games ever made. It's like saying Halo 3 isn't as good as Halo. It's still amazing.

Hmm, I think I'll do it in the original order, and have corruption to look forward to. I've also got the Godfather waiting to start based on your love for that Scottcr, it had better be good.........

I did'nt know I would miss them until they were gone, but I miss the Beam combo's from Prime & Echoes. That'll teach me for saying they were a bit of a boring use for all those missiles, as now I have have no use for them at all.

funny that - I don't use my missles much anymore - but I use the charge beam all the time. Especially once you've had an ugprade to your beam, it packs a lot of punch. Freezing enemies is fun though.

Something else I've noticed in this game that you didn't really get in Prime/Echoes.... fighting 6 basts at the same time! There's a bit more of Teh Hordez in this game. Charge beam comes in really handy.