IGNORED

Fable 2

Alex W.

Thats another thing that really bugged me. The game is about customization of your main character yet you cant zoom in close enough to see the details.

Hold the right thumb stick down for more than about 3secs will zoom in around your guy.

Fair enough if the humour angle is where the game appeals to you, but for me doing an extended fart/arm pump/kossack dance to great applause was funny once, and then never again.

Is there much left to the game after the Spire by the way?

I'd disagree with Joyrex on this - I found from the spire to the end of the game was over a lot quicker than the point up to the spire. For me it felt more like 3/4 of the way through the game but that largely depends on how much you'd done regarding side quests, properties, demon doors etc before reaching the spire.

I remember leaving the spire and before I knew it, felt like just a few hours, I was at the final battle.

But again, it depends how much you're putting into the game.

Did I do something wrong in the Spire? I was in and out in about 20 minutes! Lose experience, lose experience, lose experience, kill guard, kill guard, leave.

I thought it was going to be some epic quest. I spent pissing ages doing all the quests beforehand, buying property, searching for the best weapons possible in anticipation of what was surely going to be a massive challenge. Most disappointing.

Did I do something wrong in the Spire? I was in and out in about 20 minutes! Lose experience, lose experience, lose experience, kill guard, kill guard, leave.

I thought it was going to be some epic quest. I spent pissing ages doing all the quests beforehand, buying property, searching for the best weapons possible in anticipation of what was surely going to be a massive challenge. Most disappointing.

Yep me as well but theres just nothing to it.

No that was pretty much my experience of it too, after the way the game hypes it up I was expecting something a bit more epic.

I think I spent longer on some of the side-quests than the whole of the Spire. :P

They attempted to give it real gravitas ("Week 137 - Garth comes to the diary room"), but it was just as mj describes. Disobey orders, run about a bit, quick scrap, you win. 10 years passing has never felt so trivial. Compare to Ocarina's 7 year transition and despair.

Also, what is the threat in this game? Everything seems pretty hunkydory really.

I've tried to like this game, but I really feel like I'm just going through the motions with it. I find the whole thing so dull. As stories go, it seems utterly shit. There's a lot to the game, but it's less than the sum of it's parts. Albion is the most tedious looking place I've ever explored. I should like this type of game, but it's not happening for me.

I'm glad I only bought it for twenty quid.

Yep, Spire, in and out real quick. It's pretty much all automated, with the occasional input from yourself toward the end of it, apart from "head guard wants to see you", walk to head guard etc. Even getting out didn't seem epic, just a run and gun almost.

And it's a shame they build it up to because I spent a good few hours doing side quests and stuff because it warns you to them. Sort of means you can be cutting your own throat when you do return to the real world.

The "examine" option on some house signs just plain doesn't work for me sometimes. I opened one of the Demon Doors for instance, and opened "Memory Lane". Inside was a shack with villagers frozen in time (totally lifted from Wind Waker), and whilst it gave me the option to examine the door with A, nothing happened.

Please can you fix the game we paid for Mr Molyneux?! This is is exactly what I dreaded would happen when DLC started to become the norm - the migration of the "Release it now, patch it later" mentality from PC to console games.

The "examine" option on some house signs just plain doesn't work for me sometimes. I opened one of the Demon Doors for instance, and opened "Memory Lane". Inside was a shack with villagers frozen in time (totally lifted from Wind Waker), and whilst it gave me the option to examine the door with A, nothing happened.

Please can you fix the game we paid for Mr Molyneux?! This is is exactly what I dreaded would happen when DLC started to become the norm - the migration of the "Release it now, patch it later" mentality from PC to console games.

I wonder what the legal status of bugged software actually is. Can we all take the game back and demand a full refund?

I'm a developer myself and I understand that all complex software has bugs but I think this game is quite remarkable in that it's been released a few months before it was finished.

I wonder what the legal status of bugged software actually is. Can we all take the game back and demand a full refund?

There should be a good case for this if its allowed. There hasnt even been any mention of an update besides the upcoming DLC. Which is pretty poor on their part.

I'm a developer myself and I understand that all complex software has bugs but I think this game is quite remarkable in that it's been released a few months before it was finished.

Just playing the game for 10 minutes would have told the developer/publisher/whoever that it wasn't ready, so they've done this pretty brazenly.

I can just imagine the scene in GAME though. "So let me get this straight. Your wife says she wants sex, but when you go back to the gypsy camp she's nowhere to be found?"

Just playing the game for 10 minutes would have told the developer/publisher/whoever that it wasn't ready, so they've done this pretty brazenly.

To my mind there is zero doubt that the everyone involved knew it wasn't finished. I'd hate to have been a tester on this. I'd guess that nobody at Lionhead was happy with it being released when it was.

Whenever we see a Nintendo game delayed we should think of this.

I've started again with a girl as my evil bloke was apparently so fearsome that it got to the point where everybody fled whenever I entered a town. I had to chase after anyone I wanted to converse with and fart in their face repeatedly before they would talk to me.

Anyway, I've just done the Hero of Strength quest and really am not feeling the love. Does it get better? At the moment all the enemies are dispersed ridiculously easily, and no matter how much I vary between thwacking them, shooting them and casting spells the combat remains a complete button bash. The sidequests I've found so far are dull and similarly effortless. The interface and menus are both simply unfinished. I'm amassing large amounts of money for some unknown purpose, apart from buying more houses where I might be attempted to swap the furniture around. My dog doesn't seem to be able to navigate around right angles so I'm constantly unaware of where treasure of dig spots are. People follow me into houses and then block the doorways when I attempt to leave, forcing me to fast travel. And it looks rubbish - massive clipping, an absence of most of what should be mandatory visual effects by now (bullets splashing in water, for example) and extremely limited animation.

Where's the fun? And I was extremely dissapointed with the lesbian sex.

To my mind there is zero doubt that the everyone involved knew it wasn't finished. I'd hate to have been a tester on this. I'd guess that nobody at Lionhead was happy with it being released when it was.

Whenever we see a Nintendo game delayed we should think of this.

Pah as if! Those professional journalists would see that a mile off. They'd know and tell us appropriately.

Despite all of the gripes I think there's a lot to love in this game, with most of it derived from the general randomness.

At one point in Bloodstone I was trespassing in someone's house and rifling through their bedroom cupboard when she turned up, went mad and started shooting at me. So I apologised, gave her a necklace and then shagged her.

I liked getting all the Demon Doors (all of which worked fine for me) once i'd done the main quest, just because they were each very unique. Didn't ever bother with the 50 gargoyles or silver keys though. What's in that 50 key chest in Farifax Castle?

Despite all of the gripes I think there's a lot to love in this game, with most of it derived from the general randomness.

At one point in Bloodstone I was trespassing in someone's house and rifling through their bedroom cupboard when she turned up, went mad and started shooting at me. So I apologised, gave her a necklace and then shagged her.

Genius. As I was saying earlier in this thread, what makes this game amazing is the anecdotes it creates... :P

I had a dream about this the other night, terrifyingly. I'd bought a Live Arcade game and noticed the 'there are no refunds for this item' part, and then there was something very wrong with the game - it's all dream-faded now, but I think it was something like there being no main character at all - "there's nothing to control!" being a phrase I seem to recall. Anyway this went all the way to crown court with Microsoft claiming they'd released a patch and me countering that regardless of the patch I had paid for something that didn't work as promised.

Of course I awoke before the verdict was announced, otherwise I might have died.