It's only the celery though isn't it? And you have to wolf loads of the stuff down to lose the weight put on by a single pie, it seems like a tiny detail but it really broke the immersion for me that I was waddling round the place even though I'd actually been travelling miles by foot every day.

Not only that, but each stall only lets you buy one of each type of veg a day. Then it takes you about a million button presses to eat it.

God, I really do hate this game, and yet I'm still playing it. It's like the videogame equivalent of cigarettes or something. "Christ, why am I doing this? (stubs out fag). Oh well, might as well have another one..."

It's only the celery though isn't it? And you have to wolf loads of the stuff down to lose the weight put on by a single pie, it seems like a tiny detail but it really broke the immersion for me that I was waddling round the place even though I'd actually been travelling miles by foot every day.

:angry: Is it? I didn't notice?

Not only that, but each stall only lets you buy one of each type of veg a day. Then it takes you about a million button presses to eat it.

God, I really do hate this game, and yet I'm still playing it. It's like the videogame equivalent of cigarettes or something. "Christ, why am I doing this? (stubs out fag). Oh well, might as well have another one..."

Argh, don't get me started on the menus in this game and everything else that's annoying about it. I put it on to do some quests a few days ago (I completed it in November) and I just couldn't fathom why I sunk 30+ hours into it that rainy weekend a few months ago. I even delayed starting Fallout 3 to play this first!

Yeah, celery works, but not running or swimming for literally thousands of miles.

I think if there's ever going to be a Fable 3 I'd like to see them really strip back some of the features, and then refine what's left. All the villager interaction stuff is fluff, so ditch that, or at least make it a bit less charmless. I'd rather have 5 times fewer individual, scripted NPCs, than the current amount with their meaningless chatter. Then let me just enjoy exploring without spamming me with messages every 5 seconds. It really did spoil the sense of occasion when the Spire kicked off and a message about finding Gargoyle statues came up on the screen. The times I enjoy the game most is when I'm just exploring a leafy glade or scaling a hill. Then you get to a village and about 10 people surround you with marriage proposals. Spoils it, in my opinion.

Horses courses etc Davros - I really loved the 2D nature of the npc characters, and them surrounding me like moths every time I started pulling ridiculous poses in the town square was a big part of that appeal.

On the celery front, it's a weird one - whilst I did begrudge the game for not giving me a realistic way of losing weight within a reasonable timescale, the fact that my life then revolved around travelling the world in search of celery did add another layer of humour to a game that for me has been all about creating anecdotes.

It's not sustained pie use that's the root of the problem - it's binging that seriously chubbed us up by the sounds of it... The only reason I got so fat was because I bought the pie shop in an attempt to make money from it over a period of time. The pie shop was down on its luck however, so in an attempt to kick start its economy again I decided I'd buy all of the pies in the shop...

Long story short, guess who ate all the pies? :angry:

I only ate the odd emergency pie when I was in dire need of a health boost and still ended up with a big gut.

This game was a strange experience for me, I put in the hours but didn't feel taken in at any point. Davros is right, there's something oddly addictive about it.

Horses courses etc Davros - I really loved the 2D nature of the npc characters, and them surrounding me like moths every time I started pulling ridiculous poses in the town square was a big part of that appeal.

On the celery front, it's a weird one - whilst I did begrudge the game for not giving me a realistic way of losing weight within a reasonable timescale, the fact that my life then revolved around travelling the world in search of celery did add another layer of humour to a game that for me has been all about creating anecdotes.

Fair enough if the humour angle is where the game appeals to you, but for me doing an extended fart/arm pump/kossack dance to great applause was funny once, and then never again.

Is there much left to the game after the Spire by the way?

Fair enough if the humour angle is where the game appeals to you, but for me doing an extended fart/arm pump/kossack dance to great applause was funny once, and then never again.

It's not even the humour of it, really - more the fact that the entire world so shamelessly revolves around your character. Having the idiots flock around you at every corner just adds to this shameless sense of overimportance. :angry:

Thats another thing that really bugged me. The game is about customization of your main character yet you cant zoom in close enough to see the details.

Hold the right thumb stick down for more than about 3secs will zoom in around your guy.

Is there much left to the game after the Spire by the way?

I'd disagree with Joyrex on this - I found from the spire to the end of the game was over a lot quicker than the point up to the spire. For me it felt more like 3/4 of the way through the game but that largely depends on how much you'd done regarding side quests, properties, demon doors etc before reaching the spire.

I remember leaving the spire and before I knew it, felt like just a few hours, I was at the final battle.

But again, it depends how much you're putting into the game.

Did I do something wrong in the Spire? I was in and out in about 20 minutes! Lose experience, lose experience, lose experience, kill guard, kill guard, leave.

I thought it was going to be some epic quest. I spent pissing ages doing all the quests beforehand, buying property, searching for the best weapons possible in anticipation of what was surely going to be a massive challenge. Most disappointing.

Did I do something wrong in the Spire? I was in and out in about 20 minutes! Lose experience, lose experience, lose experience, kill guard, kill guard, leave.

I thought it was going to be some epic quest. I spent pissing ages doing all the quests beforehand, buying property, searching for the best weapons possible in anticipation of what was surely going to be a massive challenge. Most disappointing.

Yep me as well but theres just nothing to it.

No that was pretty much my experience of it too, after the way the game hypes it up I was expecting something a bit more epic.

I think I spent longer on some of the side-quests than the whole of the Spire. :P

They attempted to give it real gravitas ("Week 137 - Garth comes to the diary room"), but it was just as mj describes. Disobey orders, run about a bit, quick scrap, you win. 10 years passing has never felt so trivial. Compare to Ocarina's 7 year transition and despair.

Also, what is the threat in this game? Everything seems pretty hunkydory really.

I've tried to like this game, but I really feel like I'm just going through the motions with it. I find the whole thing so dull. As stories go, it seems utterly shit. There's a lot to the game, but it's less than the sum of it's parts. Albion is the most tedious looking place I've ever explored. I should like this type of game, but it's not happening for me.

I'm glad I only bought it for twenty quid.

Yep, Spire, in and out real quick. It's pretty much all automated, with the occasional input from yourself toward the end of it, apart from "head guard wants to see you", walk to head guard etc. Even getting out didn't seem epic, just a run and gun almost.

And it's a shame they build it up to because I spent a good few hours doing side quests and stuff because it warns you to them. Sort of means you can be cutting your own throat when you do return to the real world.

The "examine" option on some house signs just plain doesn't work for me sometimes. I opened one of the Demon Doors for instance, and opened "Memory Lane". Inside was a shack with villagers frozen in time (totally lifted from Wind Waker), and whilst it gave me the option to examine the door with A, nothing happened.

Please can you fix the game we paid for Mr Molyneux?! This is is exactly what I dreaded would happen when DLC started to become the norm - the migration of the "Release it now, patch it later" mentality from PC to console games.

The "examine" option on some house signs just plain doesn't work for me sometimes. I opened one of the Demon Doors for instance, and opened "Memory Lane". Inside was a shack with villagers frozen in time (totally lifted from Wind Waker), and whilst it gave me the option to examine the door with A, nothing happened.

Please can you fix the game we paid for Mr Molyneux?! This is is exactly what I dreaded would happen when DLC started to become the norm - the migration of the "Release it now, patch it later" mentality from PC to console games.

I wonder what the legal status of bugged software actually is. Can we all take the game back and demand a full refund?

I'm a developer myself and I understand that all complex software has bugs but I think this game is quite remarkable in that it's been released a few months before it was finished.

I wonder what the legal status of bugged software actually is. Can we all take the game back and demand a full refund?

There should be a good case for this if its allowed. There hasnt even been any mention of an update besides the upcoming DLC. Which is pretty poor on their part.

I'm a developer myself and I understand that all complex software has bugs but I think this game is quite remarkable in that it's been released a few months before it was finished.

Just playing the game for 10 minutes would have told the developer/publisher/whoever that it wasn't ready, so they've done this pretty brazenly.

I can just imagine the scene in GAME though. "So let me get this straight. Your wife says she wants sex, but when you go back to the gypsy camp she's nowhere to be found?"