IGNORED

LOTR Online

moosegrinder

I can get you some of that stufff just updating the client now although it's taking an age and i can't figure out why i updated it to book 13 manually but it's been updating for over 2 hours now, oh well atleast when it's done i'll be back ingame.

That's a relief, It's the tailoring lore one that's the pain in the arse. I think I can make the camping materials myself.

Was riding across Nan Amlug to kill some dragons when I came across an AFK Lilman directly in my path by complete chance. -_-

Hehe, downing some Aurochs for hides no doubt :) Hope you gave me a /slap or /confused..?

How you getting on?

Very well actually. level 40 last night, Horsey the other night, my woodworking has started becoming remotely useful again for the first time since level 5.

Finding groups to do the various sticking point areas and instances (Dol Dinen, Garth Argarwen, Fornost etc) is getting on my tits a bit and I'm still not convinced about the health of this server's population.

I'm hoping to reach level 50 before the expansion so that I can join in with the bleeding edge stuff a bit which is where I presume the majority of people are.

I'm on the brink of ordering the bits for a new PC which should be done next week if everything goes to plan, so hopefully the ludicrous hitching will be behind me.

I'm sooo missing this game, but thankfully I have a lifetime subscription so I'll hopefully dip back into it sometime.

My Kinship has disbanded now, so I'm on my own again :) No biggie though, as it'll be good to play and not have the pressure of running a kinship.

Can anyone sum up what the changes have been like? I think I gave up just before they introduced the housing.

I'm sooo missing this game, but thankfully I have a lifetime subscription so I'll hopefully dip back into it sometime.

My Kinship has disbanded now, so I'm on my own again :P No biggie though, as it'll be good to play and not have the pressure of running a kinship.

Can anyone sum up what the changes have been like? I think I gave up just before they introduced the housing.

That was a while ago! :)

Erm, I can't really think off the top of my head... Book 13, most classes have new skills and certain ones have been refined, fishing, reputation areas and items (may have been before housing), outfitters... The game really has been tweaked to perfection so i'd definitely recommend having another go.

You're more than welcome to join the Exiles of Beleriand, they're a fantastic group and i'm sure Daveodeth can vouch for them too :wub:

That was a while ago! :wub:

Erm, I can't really think off the top of my head... Book 13, most classes have new skills and certain ones have been refined, fishing, reputation areas and items (may have been before housing), outfitters... The game really has been tweaked to perfection so i'd definitely recommend having another go.

You're more than welcome to join the Exiles of Beleriand, they're a fantastic group and i'm sure Daveodeth can vouch for them too :wub:

They touched me in the bad place. Only a hard drive crash has prevented me from returning the favour. With any luck I'll be up and running again tomorrow.

Had an awesome moment on this last night, nothing spectacular just really satisfying.

I was in Angmar with my Captain and a group doing the Drake Queen just north of Aughaire, attempting to take her down without a minstrel and quite a low level group. We'd burned her down quite a way with minimal fuss when two ads appeared, and started kicking the crap outta the party. Our burglar pulled a stun on the queen and we started laying into the two ads, but, stupid hunter let off a loose arrow that broke the queen's stun... Back to square one, with ads. It was my time to shine, so 'in harms way' was used, absorbing my party damage (losing health at a rapid rate) for about 10 seconds before I was down to under 1k morale, popped a health potion to boost me back up and rejoin the fight but by this time I had some serious aggro form the mama drake. Finally one of the ads was down and it was a 1/2 health group fighting a mama drake and one ad. With minimal health left I popped 'last stand' and went to work on the smaller drake with the team and took him down really quick before turning our attention back to the queen. At this point, I was on 1 morale (last stand, woop) for about 10 seconds and burning down the queen slowly, as last stand ran out I got a 400 morale heal and then used 'strength of morale' to boost me back over the 2k morale and back in the fight. We finished the drake queen off with a nice conjunction and all came out walking ;)

This is the first time i've had to use my Captains survival skills (especially for the good of a group) and man it felt good ;)

Yswr is probably the only one who knows what i'm going on about, if he still reads :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the 'ring-lore' part of book 14 has been completed on Evernight, which opened up the last few chapters and the battleground instances, YAY! :P

Only had a go at Defence of Aughaire, but it was pretty cool, quite tense at times with your fellowship having to split to take care of different zones. Also Book 14 Chapter 15 is the best book quest out there, with an amazing finish.

Was considering a warden when I first heard how they played, but i'm gonna have my hands full with things to do by the time Moria comes anyway, not sure i'll roll another character.

Sorry about that shambles in Ettens last night, me and some kinnies just went down for a laugh (most of whom were first-timers), managed to get my Cappy to rank 2 in under 5 hours though :(

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm thinking about rejoining this game as part of the character retrieval weekend. I left the game just after Evendim was released, and at the time I maxed everything and there was little left to do in the game. Has anything fundamental changed with the game to make it more enjoyable?

Is there a Rllmuk guild up? If so what server?

Cheers.

It's been refined a lot since then, but the big changes will be coming with Moria in a few weeks time. New classes (and different trait/skill setups for the current ones), a whole new region, new endgame content and a rework of the combat system. Feedback from beta testers has been very positive too.

There is no Rllmuk Guild, I only know of a few that are still playing from here. My Kinship, Exiles of Beleriand are on Evernight, as is Yswr's bunch, Royal Legion (though they're dead at the moment). Corleth is in the Exiles also. Evernight is relatively busy still and will pick up massively once the expansion is released.

Give it a go for a few days, and gimme a shout if you get on Evernight and i'll come say hi (names below). :)

• 1 month later...