IGNORED

Assassin's Creed

barkbat

This is an interesting case. Regardless it's going to sell shed loads.

They've got the tech, they've got the look, but they've not nailed the gameplay. 2/3 is alreet methinks. It's gonna sell on how it looks no doubt about that.

It's a bit of a shame that it seems like you can't do more in the way of proper assasinations a la Hitman - but then its got all the other side to it of having that freedom of movement.

Real pity about the combat. I suspect they attempted to do something more complex but time bit them on the ass.

Has anyone read the "Club" preview. I think that's more how h2h combat should go...combo/swift/replays.

Why is this getting such high scores? I've rarely read a more negative review than that and then they slap a 7/10 at the end of it. Weird.

Because it's a big game. Looks nice. Has massive hype. Etc.

Bioshock spring to mind?

Because it's a big game. Looks nice. Has massive hype. Etc.

Bioshock spring to mind?

Well, the reviews for Bioshock that I've seen were mostly positive. The Assasin's Creed review on Eurogamer is pretty damning. Sounds like a 5/10 at a push. They basically say it has good graphics but it's annoying, frustrating and extremely boring.

Why is this getting such high scores? I've rarely read a more negative review than that and then they slap a 7/10 at the end of it. Weird.

To be fair I thought the score summed up the review pretty well; it's a decent enough game, but some bits really could've done with more time.

<presses A> /blend

YOU CANT SEE ME

Well, the reviews for Bioshock that I've seen were mostly positive. The Assasin's Creed review on Eurogamer is pretty damning. Sounds like a 5/10 at a push. They basically say it has good graphics but it's annoying, frustrating and extremely boring.

If you look at the Bioshock scores AND the review, they really are remarkable. It's one of the best games EVER now. It hit totally at the right time. There wasn't much out on the 360 and it popped with a fanfare...

Same thing happened with Black and White. Come on....the game is so full of holes. It's like 2 or 3 games held together with selotape. Yet it consistently got amazing reviews and scores.

It happens. Such is the way of videogames/publishers/journalists.

Having watched the Gametrailers review, for all its faults it really does look the mutt's nuts. Especially the transitionless freerunning animations - that does seem pretty revolutionary to me. Very impressive. Just imagine GTA IV being that polished in terms of art and animation. It wont be, but just imagine.

I have played this for an hour or so now. It's really not that bad, a bit cut scene heavy but a nice change in pace from all the FPS that have been around latley.

Tell us more... I think we all agree its visually fantastic, but what about controls and whatnot?