Supreme Commander

hoot

sc1.jpgsc2.jpg

The spiritual successor to Chris Taylor's, Total Annihilation, coming "early 2007"

IGN coverage: 1 : 2 : 3

Gamespy coverage: 1

Gamespot E3 coverage: 1 : 2

Shakey E3 Video

Not been able to find any other videos as yet, but even so that one is looking fantastic. The scale is apsolutely amazing.

edit:

/
(Thanks to Mogster for the link!) 11 minute demonstration by Chris Taylor at E3 '06.

I don't want much but I DO so want this fucking game.

It looks totally stunning. I can't see those movies here, but i can't wait to get home.

Its like a RTS with shump styled sprites, only, they're scaled and in 3D - AND it has Arachnids and Superb explosions.

*edit* oooh....grabbing movie now!

Some of the features in this game have really got me excited. I loved Ground Control because of the camera freedom you get, and this looks set to match that. And did you hear what he said? The largest maps are sixteen times bigger than what was shown. Amazing.

For me this is the best looking PC game I've seen that was featured at E3, I know lots of people seem to love Spore, but for me this is far more interesting. I absolutely can't wait to play it.

In fact after seeing that video demo this is probably pretty close to being my game of the show, it looks absolutely amazing.

I can upload it to YouTube, it will chop the last couple of minutes off though.

Assuming it wasn't you, it's already been done. ;)

Just off to watch it myself.

EDIT: Oh my.

I guess it's time to start thinking about a new PC. :(

For me this is the best looking PC game I've seen that was featured at E3, I know lots of people seem to love Spore, but for me this is far more interesting. I absolutely can't wait to play it.

In fact after seeing that video demo this is probably pretty close to being my game of the show, it looks absolutely amazing.

Personally I don't think Spore is THAT amazing looks wise...SHOCK!

The original E3 shakey video has gone, can't see a link now?!

Great! now the torrent has gone too

SORT IT OUT :P

Just can't get over the scale of the game. That map looks apsolutely massive compared to what we're used to, but that's 1/16 the size of the 'current' biggest map. Crazy stuff.

Not just a battle simulator, a proper all out War simulator.

Hope that they do something similar to TA, with free units being made available to download every once in a while. Also hope they've got something as good as I remember Boneyards being for multiplayer!

I usually only play turn-based strategy, but holy shit, this game looks incredible. The scale is amazing - much, much more going on than the small skirmishes in your typical RTS, and the battles seem so dynamic.

I just hope it'll run on my ageing rig.

Oh my god this actually wins c&c3. But am I the only one who is kinda scared at how complicated it might be?

It also seems that with maps that big you are gonna need like 4 or 5 peeps on the same side controlling the army otherwise you're never gonna know whats going on?

Or am I being silly? :lol: