IGNORED

PSP campaign in Amsterdam

Meers

psp.jpg

White Playstation Portable reaches the Netherlands.

Pedestrians look confused at a pedestrian crossing in downtown Amsterdam. Since yesterday, various black and white drawings can be seen here of the Playstation Portable (PSP), released in the Netherlands since yesterday as well*. The white PSP is identical to the black one, of which 4 million units have been sold already in Europe. The PSP is a portable entertainment system on which you can play games, music and films as well as access the internet and view your personal photogallery.

*Well, that's what it says. I'm sure they just mean the white one.

I've seen these things in Groningen too, what about other (UK) cities? I wonder what Nintendo will come up with once the Lite arrives on these shores.

By the by, sorry for the crap newspaper scan.

I'm surprised that altering standard road markings like that is legal, and I very much doubt that it would be here.

:lol:

The word 'legal' has a completely different meaning here, don't you know? ;)

Translation of the word 'gedogen' to non-dutchies:

It's illegal, but as long as no-one catches you doing it, it's perfectly ok.

The PSP is being ground into the dust all over again it seems, lol

:lol:

It's most known because of the weed issue. Weed is legal to smoke, but 'illegal' to sell. How does that compute? Well, it doesn't; people may sell the stuff, and the law will condone it.

Confused? Welcome to wacky Dutchland.

Anyways, back on topic. So Sony has a white PSP. Woop de doo. Sounds a bit like a desperate move to sell some more units. I don't recall NOE doing anything to promote their multi-coloured versions of the SP etc.

But then again, I don't recall NOE doing anything to promote their stuff over here... :lol:

It's most known because of the weed issue. Weed is legal to smoke, but 'illegal' to sell. How does that compute? Well, it doesn't; people may sell the stuff, and the law will condone it.

Confused? Welcome to wacky Dutchland.

Not that odd, to be honest. There's nothing illegal about the taking of any drug here. It's the supply and possession that are criminalised. And currently weed is Class C, so whilst it's still an offence to possess it, it's not something that the police can arrest you for. Drug laws are silly.

Yeah, I'm the only northener (read: peasant) here.

Seriously... Roosendaal is a lot more rural than Groningen city and a lot crappier too. It still amazes me when the outer rim people fight over who's the biggest hillbilly. Foreigners don't call the whole country Holland for nothing you know :lol:.

Seriously... Roosendaal is a lot more rural than Groningen city and a lot crappier too. It still amazes me when the outer rim people fight over who's the biggest hillbilly. Foreigners don't call the whole country Holland for nothing you know :lol:.

.::: But the Hollands are a bit shit. Utrecht is far better.

.::: But the Hollands are a bit shit. Utrecht is far better.

Utrecht is allright. I prefer Haarlem though. And I love Rotterdam, but that's home so...

Brabant is just occupied Belgium. I'd rather go to Belgium proper, where they sound nicer and have better food, girls, clothes and cinemas.

hmmm....looks like that's at the north entrance to the vondelpark...I might take a look tomorrow since I live closeby

well if that is the N entrance to Vondelpark then I hope they went down after 10 this morning because if it was earlier then I'm the most unobservant bastard there is - I walked across that zebra crossing on my way to work!

well if that is the N entrance to Vondelpark then I hope they went down after 10 this morning because if it was earlier then I'm the most unobservant bastard there is - I walked across that zebra crossing on my way to work!

.::: Or you're a Nintendo-fanboy in disguise. :lol:

:lol: You cheeky sod!

Why does every Dutch thread derail into something off topic?

I blame panda. Soggy bear.