Sony announces SingStar Anthems

McBain

I was hoping for SingStar National Anthems.

:unsure:

Well, I'm all for different types of music, and can usually find at least a few songs I like on a Singstar Disc, but that selection really toooo overdone for me. Surely everyone here has received aversion therapy for most of those songs by hearing them over and over at crappy clubs and cheesy student balls?

Laura by Scissor Sisters is amazing, though :D

I suppose that if there are only twenty songs this time it will be to bring the price per song more in line with what the downloadable songs will cost on the Ps3 version.

has it been said whether they will continue to release song discs as well as offering the download facility? i hope so - i've found that a lot of the songs that i wouldnt have picked for myself are a lot more fun to sing than some of the songs ive been looking forward to.

Id kind of hate missing out on the twice yearly challenge to my taste now.

No. I thought you were using PC software. What do you need to do it on the Xbox?

Richard's the man to ask, he set it up this week. It's just an option in XBMC, you download the actual CDs they use in karaoke places and play them through it. I'm not sure how the mics are set up, I think he built a box to use two Singstar mics.

To me it's not really 'anthemic'.

Anthemic to me is songs like 'Wonderwall' (yeah, I know), 'God gave rock and roll to you', 'Lightning Crashes' -- that sort of thing. Not shit by Charlotte Church.

10 less songs than usual? Hopefully that's the base tracklist with more songs added per territory.

Hmmmm. This'll probably be the first Singstar I don't get. Can't see myself getting much VFM out of it.

Just a personal taste thing. Nice to see my prediction of 3 Singstar editions this year was spot on though :D

Oh and yes, Sony confirmed that post PS3 release they'll continue to release the PS2 themed editions. Considering the mainstream leanings of the series they'd be mad not to, really.

Oh and yes, Sony confirmed that post PS3 release they'll continue to release the PS2 themed editions. Considering the mainstream leanings of the series they'd be mad not to, really.

Fantastic. Singstar was the only remaining reason why I was even vaguely considering getting a PS3. Now they've shot themselves in the foot on that one, I don't have to. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This:

* Queen - Radio Ga Ga

* Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

* Take That feat. Lulu - Relight My Fire

* Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time

* Steps - Deeper Shade of Blue

* Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)

* Candi Station - Young Hearts Run Free

* Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive

* Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour

* Pussycat Dolls - Don’t Cha

* Leann Rimes - Can’t Fight the Moonlight

* Donna Summer - I Feel Love

* Bucks Fizz - Making Your Mind Up

* The Weather Girls - It’s Raining Men

* Ultra Nate - Free

* Scissor Sisters - Laura

* Kim Wilde - Kids in America

* Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

* Girls Aloud - Biology

* Charlotte Church - Crazy Chick

But with I've Never Been To Me by Charlene instead of Donna Summer.

Okay, even though they got rid of I Feel Love, this is still awesome fun.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D:( :( :(

What bastards.

I'm really looking forward to this, looks so much fun. Hurry up Friday!

They're still bastards for taking that out though.

I could have pretended I was Sydney Bristow blowing up a Ferrari. Or was it a Lamborghini? Tch, call myself a fan.