Rhythm Tengoku

allday247

I never had a problem with flicking. And I find the minigames are stronger than Tengoku. Tengoku felt like they were still unpacking the concept and figuring out its strengths: Heaven hits the mark more consistently. Although, I actually can't always remember which games were in which. :unsure: I definitely remember having a lot more fun with Heaven, although Tengoku took me a while to get into so maybe that headstart is what made the difference.

Oh and I think you will find that it is all about Shoot 'Em Up.

I too never had a single problem with the flicking action. It got marked down in several reviews for an issue which I've never seen even once :(

Erm, not sure. Probably is somewhere but I've not had any issues yet.

Well, I know for a fact that my TV has a display latency of 40-50ms, so unless there's an option to compensate, I image the game will be unplayable for me.

It does look amazing, though. I loved the DS game, particularly LockStep.

Finished it, albeit with only 32 gold medals out of 50 and with quite a bit more to unlock (and all that before I even attempt to perfect any of the levels).

It's really great. I don't think the music's quite as memorable as in the original, though partly that's down to the more complex rhythm patterns in the later stages of this. There's some really tricky beats to master in places - Remix 10 took me about 6 goes just to pass with an OK rating.

There's one song which sees you as one of a pair of rappers parroting the words of a girl sitting on a car behind you. If you get the timing just out, your rapper will say the line but in a ridiculous voice, and coupled with the dirty looks you get from the guy next to you when you get it wrong, it gradually gets funnier and funnier. My son was watching me play, and when I finished we were both aching from laughing.

Brilliant stuff. Not sure how well some of the songs will translate, but weirdly one of them has English words.

Fuck monkey clock. Had to visit the coffee shop.

Man, I really don't get the hate for monkey clock. Not only is it utterly joyous, it's definitely one of the easiest games. I got a gold on my first go. You hit it on the off-beat, so it's dum-SLAP, dum-SLAP, dum-SLAP.

You're going to love the dancing shrimp.

EDIT: Also, 50 medals and 2 perfects so far.

Struggled with that one too until I got the timing when they do the high jump.

So the coffee shop, how do you actually initiate a level skip? I never could get past the singing women chorus in the original GBA game.

Struggled with that one too until I got the timing when they do the high jump.

So the coffee shop, how do you actually initiate a level skip? I never could get past the singing women chorus in the original GBA game.

Not sure. I've never needed it, and I'm not saying that to be smug, I just don't know how to help you. Don't you have to attempt a level a certain number of times and then an indicator pops up on the coffee shop icon and you can go in and skip?

I've been playing the GBA game again recently. I've got just a few perfect hearts still to get but I don't think I'll ever get them all. The ones with the three kids slapping a ball to each other give me the most trouble. Gah.