IGNORED

Warrior Advice

Steely

Class Q&A:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=78733.0

Nothing really exciting here, it's not really anything we've not heard before. Except for this bit about shouts:

Q. What is the reasoning behind their short duration and do we have plans to improve the duration similar to the buffs other classes already provide?

A. The shouts are supposed to be buttons that warriors push in combat. They aren’t intended to be pre-fight buffs like Arcane Intellect or Prayer of Fortitude. We had a discussion about this recently and decided with glyphs and talents that the duration isn’t a problem. If you lack Booming Voice and the minor Battle Shout glyph, it might be more annoying.

GET FUCKED

Seems that way. Everyone is complaing warrior dps is too low and that warrior tanking isnt good enough so the devs say 'We know but it's ok'. Fun times. Shouts on 2 mins cooldown are shit.

Things they didn't address include:

- Rage starvation when you outgear an instance

- Issues over AOE tanking

- Heroic strike spam

Good stuff, then :)

Ghostcrawler posted:

We get the data we need from our PTR and beta tests. You shouldn't confuse those data with forum posts. What I mean is that we designed WoW encounters and classes long before there was a forum here for players to discuss tank mechanics. The discussion here is helpful, but it is not the only discussion, and certainly not our only avenue for game balance.

If you feel that your feedback isn't useful or valuable, then my suggestion would be to stop posting. Posting about how you feel ignored isn't anything most players are interested in reading.

I hate to keep saying this, because it sounds harsh, but we're not going to turn over WoW's game design to the community. You are welcome to provide us feedback and we greatly appreciate it.

haha_oh_wow.jpg

Things I personally would like to see:

- thunderclap becoming a dot much like consecrate

- shockwave becoming a 360 attack instead of a narrow ass frontal cone

- shouts being AT LEAST 5 minute buffs, with demo shout staying as an in-combat debuff as it is now

- battle shout stacking with might again

- commanding shout buffed

wishful thinking I know but hey, what else am I gonna do?

They have buffed devastate to do 100% more damage on the ptr but they did that before and then revoked it so we'll see if it stays in this time...

I've had a warrior in wow since day one, back in march 2005. Sure over the years I may have played other classes but I always return to the warrior. In any game where you're given such a choice, I play the warrior-like class. Hell, all the folks moaning about dks being better than warriors may be right but I ditched my dk for my warrior because IMO thyre more fun to play and definitely more fun to tank with. I've played warrior through all the good times and the bad (and boy have there been some bad) but it is still my favourite class.

But they defintely need some :eyebrows:

I don't agree with most of that.

I like thunder clap's mechanic because its a lot of aoe threat up front at one moment without the need to target anything. This separates us from all the other tanking classes, and became important on sarth 3D to stop adds wandering off when they came back from that alternate universe or whatever. Shockwave would of course be easier to use if it was 360, but frankly if you're letting mobs hit you from behind you are doing something wrong. I'd like shouts to be a longer duration, I don't see why we have to keep the buffs up mid fight, its just irritating rather than fun. If you have BS stacking with might you're going against their "bring the player, not the class" mantra which I think is the best thing to happen to raiding in WOTLK. I'd argue instead that they might want to change the fact that the defining buffs for arms (trauma) and fury (rampage) specs can be covered by one feral druid of any type (mangle/LotP) which seems rather unfair. Can't argue with the last point but frankly I want every ability buffed :eyebrows:

They addressed rage starvation when outgearing an instance, you're getting rage when you dodge/parry/are missed come 3.2.

Disappointing there's no mention of how to solve the HS problem, other than with a mouse wheel or getting RSI.

Oh, also, re: Block value:

"The real problem is that the amount blocked doesn’t scale with the amount of the swing. We think block needs to be a percentage of damage blocked in order for the stat to do what we want. But the trade-off would mean that warriors (and paladins) couldn’t block every incoming hit, especially from large groups."

Why on earth would you need a trade off for that? The solution of having a % of a swing blocked instead of an amount is effectively a nerf when tanking large groups, why would you need another one? Got me confused, that bit.

It's not so much that I'm letting mobs hit me from behind, it's more to address multiple mobs running past me to aggro someone else and if TC is on cd then I've got no quick get out of jail free card, as it were. I know I've got intervene but I meant more of a quick 'oi come back here thing' to quickly grab aggro and/or stun them to halt their progress. The other issue I have with shockwave is that as a frontal cone, it is very easy to miss due to mob positioning, lag etc. Yes this may be down to me more than the game but sometimes the cone seems a little off. Does that make sense? Just to clarify, I am fairly new to WOTLK warrior tanking so maybe it's just things I need to learn and will do in time.

I reckon (and I've seen this somewhere else I'm sure) they should make heroic strike like sweeping strikes but with added threat. Or something.

it's more to address mobs running past me to aggro someone else and if TC is on cd then I've got no quick get out of jail free card, as it were.

Its called Challenging Shout!

I've not really had a problem with shockwave before tbh. Two steps back and blam, everything is gotten lag or no. I'm not saying I've never missed with it before, but I can always say its my fault if I have.

I really don't know what to do about HS. Tbh I'd be happy if it was just a toggle on/off ability, but that would screw over people levelling I guess.

On a different tangent, have you seen the devastate buff in 3.2? 100% increased damage, but requires a shield. Ace change which should do wonders for our single target DPS. It might be too much in fact, I wonder if revenge is still going to be worth using? Will have to run the numbers...

I'd say so. The added stun component is quite nice on normal mobs and the threat it does is higher than devastate atm but how that may change with the buff to dev I don't know.

Oh and just to clarify; that post above makes me sound proper shit but I'm not and that situation described above rarely (if ever) happens. Honest! :eyebrows:

Aye but there has been a couple of times where I've charged a mob and mashed shockwae but I've actually gone behind them so it misses. This 'take a step back' would fix this but it shouldn't have to, should it?

Also, whilst we're on the subject of it, shockwave needs to sound and look beefier!!!

Mages have had the same problem since forever with CoC.

If it's to remain a cone I'm assuming there's always going to be a problem.

Having it as a Sweeping Strikes effect would effect PvP too much though, and a 360 effect would be annoying as shit for melee users.

It always comes down to the balance of PvP and PvE. This is the one area where I really do feel sorry for Blizzard tbh :eyebrows:

You should be using thunder clap before shockwave rubella. That should give you enough snap agro to take two steps back on shock them.

I'm always a bit disappointed by devestate. The graphic for it is rubbish and it sounds like someone's using a soft brush on a wimpy cymbal.

Whilst we're about it; shield slam needs to be like 300 and have a huge crushing noise accompany it, not the puny little 'doink' it does now. It should also be a cleave like attack hitting up to 2 enemies in front of you. It should also stun or knockdown the opponent for at least 1 second. I know if someone clattered me upside the head with a huge freaking shield it'd knock me about a bit!

I fucking love shield slam as a concept but the reality is quite pathetic :wub:

ps: my warrior is Mumps, my priestess is Rubella :)

I was actually aiming to start calling you random diseases, but apparently you have them all covered :)

What was really annoying about the shield slam sound was that it was also used as the damage shield sound when 3.0 launched. That meant every time a mob attacked you while levelling up it would be followed by that all too familiar "clunk". If you pulled several mobs as once, which you did levelling as prot, you'd just here "clunk, clunk, clunk"... I was hearing it in my sleep after a while. Think they got rid of it in a bug fix patch, no doubt as a response to my numerous death threats.

Warrior

* Battle Shout: Radius increased to 30 yards.

* Commanding Shout: Radius increased to 30 yards.

* Devastate: Weapon damage and bonus per Sunder Armor on the target increased by 100%. This ability now requires a shield to be equipped.

Shout duration increased to 30 yards...woo :lol: How about increasing the duration, too?

Also, how about making Devastate an aoe attack like a druid's swipe? That'd pretty much sort out tab targetting spam, aoe threat and who knows what else. Go on Blizz, you know it makes sense!

I will never change my tanking glyphs tbh. Devastate glyph is just too useful and saves precious rage, glyph of sunder armour really helps with multimob tanking and glyph of block is a no brainer really.

I'm loving my warrior atm. I've really got into a groove with tanking and I finally, after too many runs than I care to mention, got my Royal Crest of Lordaeron yesterday \o/

My little Forsaken Warrior is starting to look PIMP!

I suppose they're OK for multi mob tanking, but for single target tanking you might want to consider either Heroic Strike, Revenge + Block if you're going for threat, or last stand + shield wall when you're against hard modes and need the cooldowns.

I will never change my tanking glyphs tbh. Devastate glyph is just too useful and saves precious rage, glyph of sunder armour really helps with multimob tanking and glyph of block is a no brainer really.

I'm loving my warrior atm. I've really got into a groove with tanking and I finally, after too many runs than I care to mention, got my Royal Crest of Lordaeron yesterday \o/

My little Forsaken Warrior is starting to look PIMP!

\o/

I'd get a Arms/Fury spec sorted out for when you want to DPS, plus it just adds a bit variety and keeps things fresh. I know you're very much like me and get bored fairly easy, so keeping things fresh is probably a good thing!