Forza Motorsport 2

merge

It just wasn't for me.

Fair enough mate, I think its great fun myself and a perfect mixture of realistic(ish) handling and arcade fun. It's good with the joypad of course so don't let all this wheel talk put any of you off!

GTR2 is still the handling daddy but I doubt most xbox players would want to put that much time into just getting a half decent lap time down, let alone an entire race win online :lol:

Anyone got anything solid that they're strapping the wheel to? I have a DFP too, but it's relegated as the new coffee table is too short to use it :lol:

I use an ironing board.

It's not the ideal solution, but there's plenty of space for my long legs, adjustable height, solidly attached etc.

Worth a shot.

My Forza 2 came this morning - Woo hoo!

I use an ironing board.

It's not the ideal solution, but there's plenty of space for my long legs, adjustable height, solidly attached etc.

Worth a shot.

Er. How random that I just started this thread...

I'll give it a try, thanks! Maybe I can do half a shirt between races too.

Fair enough mate, I think its great fun myself and a perfect mixture of realistic(ish) handling and arcade fun. It's good with the joypad of course so don't let all this wheel talk put any of you off!

GTR2 is still the handling daddy but I doubt most xbox players would want to put that much time into just getting a half decent lap time down, let alone an entire race win online :lol:

GTR2 fails, as there's no trueno.

Is there any way to have steering wheel and joypad in use at the same time?

It's a bit naff otherwise - you can't use photo mode or edit mode properly with steering wheel. Signing in and out or whatever is a right pain.

I've looked in the manual and done some experimenting - can't seem to find a way.

Speaking of which - just been to the Metro center to play some arcade stage and the bastard machine has gone :lol:

It's okay - they always drag it back out once every few years.

Oh, how I hate the Integra in this game. Stabby Stab Stab.

It's a bit naff otherwise - you can't use photo mode or edit mode properly with steering wheel. Signing in and out or whatever is a right pain.

I've looked in the manual and done some experimenting - can't seem to find a way.

I'm sure I read that someone had it setup with a controller synced to port 1 and the wheel to port 2. Then you can use the pads for all the menus etc (I seem to remember they mentioned USB ports though so maybe they had a wired pad?).

I'm wondering which region to start off in. My heart is telling me to choose US, because I love big American muscle cars, but my head is telling me choose a region which makes cars that, you know, actually go round corners.

Boutros you lying bastard! :)

FRS doesn't sell it until Friday, and Media Markt had FM2 marked for yesterday (Wednesday) in their brochure, but that turned out to be an error on their part. So Friday it is for us Dutchies. For once a street date isn't broken over here...

Gehe, but I'm not :lol: Replay has it as we speak, and I'm gonna check it out this saturday morning. Woohoo!

Asia. MR-S. Sorted.

Picture of it as well? Puh-lease?

I'm sure I read that someone had it setup with a controller synced to port 1 and the wheel to port 2. Then you can use the pads for all the menus etc (I seem to remember they mentioned USB ports though so maybe they had a wired pad?).

Yeah, I read that somewhere too - but can't get it to work. Bloody annoying!

Guest alisdair

No. The easiest way to switch between wheel and joypad is to remove the power source from the current device, then hold the guide button on the other.

So pull the power on the wheel, wait for "Please reconnect the controller", and switch on the pad. To swap back, pull the battery out of the controller, wait for the message, and plug the wheel in. It's a pain, but probably takes about 5 seconds, and must be less hassle than signing out and in again.

No. The easiest way to switch between wheel and joypad is to remove the power source from the current device, then hold the guide button on the other.

So pull the power on the wheel, wait for "Please reconnect the controller", and switch on the pad. To swap back, pull the battery out of the controller, wait for the message, and plug the wheel in. It's a pain, but probably takes about 5 seconds, and must be less hassle than signing out and in again.

Okay cheers - I'll do that.

Seems totally odd that they didn't foresee this, rather obvious, situation arising.

Guest alisdair

I'm sure they did foresee it. My only guess is that there's nothing they can do, either for technical reasons or because of certification specs (some sort of strict "one-to-one controller/profile" thing).

Ouch. This and its price has put me off from wanting one now. :lol:

Damnit Prestige Materials, why did you have to link to that AVForums thread!? £160 you're going to make me spend. You owe me :P

This thing's just the sort of contraption I'm after though. £160 price after delivery however :):lol:

Must. Resist. I know my weak will power will crumble though :(. I wonder if they do next day delivery so I can have it tomorrow.

Guest alisdair
Ouch. This and its price has put me off from wanting one now. :lol:

I've found the wheel a lot of hassle to set up (I ended up buying a racing seat because I couldn't find any other comfortable way to use it), but it's been well worth it. You do only need to swap to the pad for the livery editor and photo mode, so it's not that much of a pain.

Damnit Prestige Materials, why did you have to link to that AVForums thread!? £160 you're going to make me spend. You owe me :P

Are you going to buy the Turn10 Course Analysis Driving Guide videos on the Marketplace for 150 MSFunBucks a pop when they appear, too? :)

Seriously, I think there was a link in that thread somewhere to a £14.99 plastic table that might do the job for sofa-surfers. £160 seems ... excsessive to me, but if it's going to improve your experience then I hope it's money well spent.

See you all on Mugello *Long* :lol:

Guest alisdair
Which seat did you get, how much was it, where was it from, do you have any pics?

The GameRacer Pro, it was about £200 (definitely less than the RRP on the official site, anyway), from Scan, and not yet but I might take some this weekend if I can be arsed.

The wheel/pedal bit at the front slides up to the seat for storage, and if I wasn't using it so often I could take it completely to bits in about 5 minutes and hide it behind the sofa.

Bugger!

Girly from GAME just phoned to tell me they've got my copy ready for collection tomorrow. She refused to be swayed into letting me have it today sadly :(

BRD GameFrame thingy has now also been ordered :)

Are you going to buy the Turn10 Course Analysis Driving Guide videos on the Marketplace for 150 MSFunBucks a pop when they appear, too? :P

Seriously, I think there was a link in that thread somewhere to a £14.99 plastic table that might do the job for sofa-surfers. £160 seems ... excsessive to me, but if it's going to improve your experience then I hope it's money well spent.

See you all on Mugello *Long* :(

Pft, I don't need no guide :lol:

That sofa table thing got bad reports from a couple of people there that tried it after its initial recommendation.

Mugello :(