Forza Motorsport 2

merge

How do you do the customisation, can you upload your own pics or summat? Or is it entirely hand-crafted??

Hand-crafted. One of the things mentioned in the book is that when the first Forza came out, the developers were convinced someone had managed to hack the cars to upload images given some of the incredible designs.

Does anyone have links to pixs, or post their own pics of the Limited edition Tin of this beauty? Not sure which to go for.. :D

Ummmmmmmmmm, I've got the LE, but it's not a tin!

Did some of you get a tin?

This might sound odd but i know NOTHING about cars, i don't drive and i haven't really played any driving games before apart from TDU and PGR3.

This game worth a try? Do you need to be REALLY into cars and understand how they work to play it?

Ultimately.... Is it fun? :D

It's excellent. The presentation is miles better than 1. The menus are a joy to navigate in comparison. The first game pushed the live concept far further than anything else on the original Xbox, and this continues that whilst making everything much smoother and generally nicer.

I really like the car performance numbers and the expanded range of classes. Means it's going to be far less a case of just having a few cars, one at the top of each class. Remember everything D and C being dominated by CRXs?

The concept is still great. A really solid sim which avoids feeling sterile as a result of the excellent customisation and community aspects. And the ability to play the game in the way that suits you, with all the assists to turn on or off.

Hand-crafted. One of the things mentioned in the book is that when the first Forza came out, the developers were convinced someone had managed to hack the cars to upload images given some of the incredible designs.

I'm sure I remember that that actually did happen.

This might sound odd but i know NOTHING about cars, i don't drive and i haven't really played any driving games before apart from TDU and PGR3.

This game worth a try? Do you need to be REALLY into cars and understand how they work to play it?

Why not download the demo and give it a try although for me much of the fun will be in the community side of things - photos, auction house etc.

No, you don't need to mess around with tuning if you don't want to. I'm not 'into' cars, don't understand cambers etc.

It's deffo worth a try - I find it more of a 'game' than Gran Turismo, for example - which can be quite sterile.

It's great fun - which is what it's all about of course!

Not at all. I don't drive or give a shit about real life cars. You can download setups instead of bothering with tuning yourself. Collecting a big garage of cars is one of the things that appeals to me, but I think this is a game which offers different things to different people. Some will play the arcade racing mode and time trials, some will spend lots of time painting designs or tweaking car settings, some will just like the online racing. Some will play it as a hardcore sim, some will leave the assists on and enjoy a far more laid back experience.

Yep.

Yes to the second. I think you can only monitor progress of auctions on the web site.

How do you use customised cars online? If I tried joining an exhibition or career race I just got given a list of standard cars to choose from.

I know I need to RTFM, but it's at home.

How do you use customised cars online? If I tried joining an exhibition or career race I just got given a list of standard cars to choose from.

I know I need to RTFM, but it's at home.

They probably had it restricted to stock cars.

When selecting your cars, the first choice before the racing classes is your 'home' cars.

Coming from a very similar place myself, I love the game. I always wanted to "get into" cars, and this is a fab way to do that, as it talks you through every single step, explaining what everything does and what effect it'll have on your car. I'm really getting into tuning and upgrades and all that pap, when a few days ago it would all have seemed like a second language to me.

They've done a great job of appealing to the die-hards, yet also taking the newbies by the hand and showing 'em what's up.

I'm sure I remember that that actually did happen.

It did, but it was really limited. A small number of people found a way to map images to their cars via the PC. But most of the incredible designs you'll have seen from No 1 are handmade, and just take ages to produce.

God I can't wait to leave work and pick this up....wonder where I can find the cheapest limited edition copy?

I got mine from shopto yesterday and had a quick dabble, the transparency settings on the vinyl are a brilliant addtion as is clicking in the left stick and allowing you to group layers in a photoshop stylee. I got the wheel and havent played with the sticks as I always find it hard to transition comfortably.

forza.jpg

my crap effort after about 15mins of getting to grips with the layers system.

and a couple from the forza forum

ArmsRacing3.jpg

MR-S.jpg

MR-SRear.jpg

So how long did that fucking take?

the guy who did it said he went blind for about 12hrs after he finished :D

thing is I can't even begin to guess how he did it, I do know that now you can group layers you can start by putting your stuff together on the roof panel as it is nice and big and auto pops square on, in the original forza I spent forever doing bart on the bonnet of my ferrari and then when I came out I realised I had the car at a slight angle and the perspective was all screwed, GUTTED

Coming from a very similar place myself, I love the game. I always wanted to "get into" cars, and this is a fab way to do that, as it talks you through every single step, explaining what everything does and what effect it'll have on your car. I'm really getting into tuning and upgrades and all that pap, when a few days ago it would all have seemed like a second language to me.

They've done a great job of appealing to the die-hards, yet also taking the newbies by the hand and showing 'em what's up.

Sold.

There seems to be a bug with Time Trial mode, I loaded a ghost on Maple Valley (0:40.610) and now every TT Track has a ghost car doing the lap in 40secs. It's quite off-putting...

edit: this continues after rebooting. Oh dear.