GTA:IV Official Thread

murray

One thing about the cover system - pressing the left trigger should make you pop out from cover, like in every other cover-based game.

The over-the-shoulder aiming, though, is perfect. I just love clearing out dingy appartment blocks with a shotgun. I was doing a 'most wanted' mission earlier in just that kind of building. It was deserted but for a couple of dope fiends who I scared off by pointing a gun at their face. Then I found the perp, who also ran off when he saw my gun. I found him curled up in his little hovel, by a filthy mattress, not moving yet still alive. I put a single bullet in his head. Felt a bit bad really.

How do you unlock the various restaurants? Ditto with the clubs and other activities. I know where they are due to the map provided but on in the ingame map they arent shown as being available.

How do you unlock the various restaurants? Ditto with the clubs and other activities. I know where they are due to the map provided but on in the ingame map they arent shown as being available.

They seem to open up after you visit one as part of a mission.

Just got the mission to

go for a job interview at a law firm

Got dressed up in my new suit and had a few hours to kill, so decided to wander around and I ended up on the Statue of Happiness island, seeing if I was allowed to get to the top of the statue. Found the door and went in

and it only went and automatically dressed me in a souvenir t-shirt! Lost my suit, with no time to get back home to change before the interview.

I laughed.

I'm on Algonquin:

Did the mission where you have to rescue Roman from the gangsters in the warehouse. I think that's my fave mission so far. Taking cover behind walls, popping out and headshotting suckers, all the while Niko roaring 'YOU WILL PAY FOR TAKING MY COUSIN!' and 'I WILL NOT LET THEM HARM YOU, COUSIN!'. Absolutely brilliant.

Also, I bumped off Playboy X in the end. He just wasn't keeping it real, man.

Did exactly that tonight, and was careful with my aiming for that last kill.

Has anyone noticed the Manic street preachers?

Yeah, the tossers get a bullet in the head from me.

Ugh. I have to win a race for a mission.

Get car >> Drive to race car >> Drive to race >> Get clipped slightly in race >> Spin >> Lose race >> Fail mission

Repeat.

I saved the car Brucie gave me, and win everytime. You just need to practice with your driving, as I'm getting pretty hot in that department :)

Not sure about all the excitement with the story when it comes to the middle island with

Playboy X and Dwayne. They barely make an appearance together with about 3 missions each before you have to choose which to kill. Didnt seem like a big deal to me so why all the fuss?

God, I love this game. It's annoying sometimes, but I can see past that because it's so fabulous. Niko is one of the best video game characters ever.

Algonquin spoiler:

As SM47 said, when he was rescuing Roman, his cries were powerful and they made me want to shoot the place up.

Algonquin spoiler:

As SM47 said, when he was rescuing Roman, his cries were powerful and they made me want to shoot the place up.

Would have been more powerful if the two or three lines weren't repeated over and over and over again during that bit.

Francis' last mission (I think):

So I chose to save Francis and off his brother, which I assumed (correctly) that it would get me extra police powers. Anyone gone the other way? What does that get you?

Would have been more powerful if the two or three lines weren't repeated over and over and over again during that bit.

I dunno, Niko said different things throughout the mission.

Maybe your copy is broken, LOL!

Playboy X and Dwayne. They barely make an appearance together with about 3 missions each before you have to choose which to kill. Didnt seem like a big deal to me so why all the fuss?

They both come across as nice guys i guess - well Playboy does, and Dwayne doesn't. Intitially.

I see from a recent interview that Saints Row 2 has taken on board peoples concerns of overlong missions and has indeed included mid-mission checkpoints. It's a shame Rockstar hadn't given the same thought to it really. It is a real drag when you just want to get on with the meat of the mission.

Francis' last mission (I think):

So I chose to save Francis and off his brother, which I assumed (correctly) that it would get me extra police powers. Anyone gone the other way? What does that get you?

It gets you sweet fuck all

I killed his brother and was dissapointed than there is absalootly no reward, wish i had killed francis, although he's too much of an arse so in a way im glad hes dead

I've lost Brucie!

I thought I'd take him out for a drink, as he doesn't like me that much, but the cops were on my tail when I picked him up (he wasn't too keen on that), and I was so cack handed in the get-away that I set the car on fire. He shouts "she's gonna blow" and I jumped out just as it exploded. The game popped up a message saying "Your friend is injured," but I couldn't actually find his body anywhere on the road, and he's not answering my calls.

Hope he's still alive :)