GTA:IV Official Thread

murray

Ah yes, and of course the handling in Gran Turismo and Forza is all wrong because they stupidly have cars where the steering doesn't magically lock up if the brakes are applied.

I'm guessing

1) Braking systems on certain cars

2) They aren't going for "real" realism.

2) if effectively also your posting style

Ah yes, and of course the handling in Gran Turismo and Forza is all wrong because they stupidly have cars where the steering doesn't magically lock up if the brakes are applied.

Honestly, some people. Is there even any point debating anything is absurd as this? It's insulting to my intelligence to even bother putting my point across, it's tantamount to trying to convince someone that water is wet.

You should never brake or accelerate while steering; not in a real car, anyway. This may not be the case in some videogames you've played, but then again I ate a chicken after having my head kicked in once and I wasn't immediately returned to perfect health despite what Double Dragon may have led me to believe.

Besides, in GT and Fort-za you should always brake before you reach the corner. if you're braking in the corner, you must be fucking rubbish.

You should never brake or accelerate while steering; not in a real car, anyway.

I don't think that's right.

Brake (not sharply!) before a bend/corner and accelerate (not ridiculously fast!) out of it, would be better.

Braking through a corner isn't right. You gotta accelerate through/out of it though. How else are you meant to drive? :lol: You certainly shouldn't be coasting around a corner so you gotta be on the accelerator!

ABS is the one thing that lets you brake easier through corners but you should only ever really be doing that in an emergency. It's bad for your tyres for a start, and makes you look like a noob behind the wheel.

Braking through a corner isn't right. You gotta accelerate through/out of it though. How else are you meant to drive? :lol: You certainly shouldn't be coasting around a corner so you gotta be on the accelerator!

In racing you do. Slow into corners, fast out.

Can I get into the prison?

I landed in there in my helicopter on a mission to assassinate a prisoner (nb: this wasn't an actual mission, I just made it up). Unfortunately, I parked the helicopter to close to the building and after shooting the prisoner, the rotor blades had hit so much the copter was fucked, as was my escape route. Then I got shot to shit and died.

I landed in there in my helicopter on a mission to assassinate a prisoner (nb: this wasn't an actual mission, I just made it up). Unfortunately, I parked the helicopter to close to the building and after shooting the prisoner, the rotor blades had hit so much the copter was fucked, as was my escape route. Then I got shot to shit and died.

:lol:

Sounds like fun. Now to rob a Helicopter.

I keep making up stuff in this game now. Maybe because I'm a little drunk. But I just recreated the fast food scene in Falling Down.

Any other ideas?

Standing on top of vehicles allows you to recreate Morpheus's scene on top of the moving truck in The Matrix Reloaded, and to a lesser extent Michael Jackson in the banned extended video of Black and White where he stands on top of a car and smashes it all up.

Standing on top of vehicles allows you to recreate Morpheus's scene on top of the moving truck in The Matrix Reloaded

Thats doable in multiplayer. Would look amazing as well just a shame you cant do videos like Halo 3.

I keep making up stuff in this game now. Maybe because I'm a little drunk. But I just recreated the fast food scene in Falling Down.

Any other ideas?

I've had plenty of Thelma & Louise moments online. Not planned, but still.

Thats doable in multiplayer. Would look amazing as well just a shame you cant do videos like Halo 3.

The lack of a Movie Director mode is jarring.

I mean, Driver had it all those years ago on the PS1 and in an age where all sorts of genres have those options, to not even have a replay function kinda sucks.

I wish GTA had a Survivor mode on it as well, that was the best mini-game mode in the Driver games. Should done that proper videogame stuff instead of the 'take out your virtual giflriend for some chicken' rpg elements they focused on instead. Reminds me of how Sonic Adventure had all these bizarre RPG elements totally out of leftfield.

GTA is about the spectacle and excitement of a chase, build on that with a movie director mode and other gameplay modes like those rampages from the first GTA and the insurance fraud missions from Saints Row.

We all (rightfully) shook our collective head when This Is Vegas game showed all these stupid 'nightclub' elements where you could go around town and impress girls in the game with your funky dance moves. But is that really all that different from taking out a virtual girls in GTA4 from the dating websites? It's not as utterly lame as that game did it, but at least that game was kinda silly with the way the guy strutted around and stuff. GTA4 takes virtual dating seriously.

I mean, Driver had it all those years ago on the PS1 and in an age where all sorts of genres have those options, to not even have a replay function kinda sucks.

Chase. The last word in games development.

They sort of have a mode with the movie type views. All of which work pretty well. Seems odd that theres just no way to record as it makes the viewing modes rather pointless.

They sort of have a mode with the movie type views. All of which work pretty well. Seems odd that theres just no way to record as it makes the viewing modes rather pointless.

So it would have been so easy to implement. :@ B)

If ever a day comes where I feel compelled to pick apart a brilliant game in the way that some people here have, I'm going to stop playing them and spend that time reading books. I'll get a lot more out of it.

Just finished it earlier.

I picked revenge and killed Dimitri on the very boat that Niko arrived into Liberty City on.:lol:

Good riddance to Kate I never even dated her anyway.

The last mission was pretty easy but I fucked up a few times on the dirt bike which pissed me off but I got it in the end.

I saved before in another file just before I picked revenge so am going to check what happens if I had of picked deal,But I'm happy with revenge. :wub:

So it would have been so easy to implement. :@ B)

Yes, as you well know. I think they just overlooked it. If only they'd employed you Mr Chase. If only...

What am I doing wrong on the Paper Chase mission? After about 15-20 seconds I'm told the target got away but I'm going as fast as I reckon can be expected without crashing the helicopter into buildings.

Just got the "Under the radar" achievement. Some of the "trophy" icons will just disappear off of the map (temporarily) depending on

which order and direction you go under the bridges in

. The last one for me was a knut because I had to go through a

specific section of a particular bridge

. The game map isn't helpful at all in this instance.

We all (rightfully) shook our collective head when This Is Vegas game showed all these stupid 'nightclub' elements where you could go around town and impress girls in the game with your funky dance moves. But is that really all that different from taking out a virtual girls in GTA4 from the dating websites? It's not as utterly lame as that game did it, but at least that game was kinda silly with the way the guy strutted around and stuff. GTA4 takes virtual dating seriously.

Not really, I mean I've had to date Michelle once, at the start of the story, Apart from that you can pretty much continue without bothering with the bints from the website.

Its only serious if YOU take it seriously :lol: