GTA:IV Official Thread

murray

How can you increase the font size on the phone on the 360 version? I found some instructions to look in the options menu of the phone, but it wasn't there. Do I have to wait for a phone upgrade or what?

If you are playing in standard definition, you can't. Beggars belief why they thought SD users could better make out the tiny fonts than HD users but there you go. Idiotic decision if you ask me.

That is well shit. I have to get off the couch every time to read it.

Couch? Standard Definition? GET WITH THE TIMES! ;)

About 100%:

I

killed Dwayne's ex-girlfriend

, who apparently had a mission. Can I still get 100%?

Taken from the 100% Checklist over at GTAForums there is nothing you can do to prevent you from gaining 100% other than the possibility of cheating.

One very minor thing I'm disappointed about is that the number plates all seem to be the same, especially when it's a step back from the previous games.

Also, there are so many phone numbers dotted around on buildings and that, and you can dial them, but you just get a few beeps.

Considering the amount of dialogue and chatter and everything in the game, they could have at least played a funny message or something on the other end.

That said, the excellent little details far far far outweigh the missing details.

All very valid points but you're basically describing why you don't like it yourself. Of course, this is perfectly valid and I enjoyed reading your post but I personally had a counter-point to everything you said: I love this game and see the fun in almost everything about it. You don't. I think basically this game isn't for you.

I share most of his opinions but I think the game is for me. It's just really fucking annoying sometimes!

If you are playing in standard definition, you can't. Beggars belief why they thought SD users could better make out the tiny fonts than HD users but there you go. Idiotic decision if you ask me.

I think the font is set to 'large' only on SD, not that I disagree that it's shit you can't change the size ;)

Anyway! I just lolled hard after paying for multiple lapdances in a row! Two girls at once? Hell yes. I fapped, slightly.

Derrick's third mission was one of the few that took me three goes to do

Outrunning the cops in a van you can't repaint, can't be destroyed, is slow and steers like a boat.

you got any hints for that one, ive tried it about 3 times and failed misserably each time... and actually it can be destroyed ;)

I think the font is set to 'large' only on SD, not that I disagree that it's shit you can't change the size ;)

It's not so much the font size, as the fact it's so fucking dull. I have a god knows hold old Nokia and the display is bright and crisp. Nico must have the equivalent of those old brick phones.

One very minor thing I'm disappointed about is that the number plates all seem to be the same, especially when it's a step back from the previous games.

Also, there are so many phone numbers dotted around on buildings and that, and you can dial them, but you just get a few beeps.

Considering the amount of dialogue and chatter and everything in the game, they could have at least played a funny message or something on the other end.

That said, the excellent little details far far far outweigh the missing details.

another thing saints ro wmanaged. Every number in that game offers something.

you got any hints for that one, ive tried it about 3 times and failed misserably each time... and actually it can be destroyed :lol:

I know all too well it can be destroyed (resulting in mission failure). In fact on my first attempt at that mission I did everything successfully bar make it back to the end meeting place. A taxi rammed into me and the van wouldn't start after that - mission failed. ;):P

I wish I could give you some tips, I feel like I sort of fluked it. I mean, you race away from the Wanted Circle, and when you leave it you see that if you keep going there is a cop car on his way toward you, which will reset the Circle, or the ones behind you still giving chase will do the same. And it is very difficult to snake in and out of alleys and backstreets because the van corners so poorly and slowly.

with the exception of the interiors, arent they ALL points that have been discussed in depth already in this thread?

For those of us who avoided the thread until a full playthrough, it's a lot more appealing just to voice an opinion that may have already been made than reading thousands upon thousands of posts.

you got any hints for that one, ive tried it about 3 times and failed misserably each time... and actually it can be destroyed ;)

Cop off with Kiki (Lawchick on lovemeet.com). She's high maintenance, but if she likes you enough, you can phone her up to call the cops off.

That's how I did it anyway.

She's also just sent me a photo of her ass.

finished all the stunt jumps now, 23 cars into the text missions. My best advice for the text car missions is save your game at the safehouse near the garage each time you deliver a car, by the time you wake up another text will pop in your inbox meaning you can just steam through them, i seriously don't know if i can face the 200 pigeons and all the friendship shite that i have to say is starting to piss me off.

86.33% and 610 Achievements and counting...

oh and bollocks to online, not enjoying it much i have to say.

Taken from the 100% Checklist over at GTAForums there is nothing you can do to prevent you from gaining 100% other than the possibility of cheating.
yeah, the people you have the chouice to kill don't count towards the total

Yep, I've just done some calculations on my percentage (88%) and it looks like I'm on track for 100%. Cheers.

finished all the stunt jumps now, 23 cars into the text missions. My best advice for the text car missions is save your game at the safehouse near the garage each time you deliver a car, by the time you wake up another text will pop in your inbox meaning you can just steam through them...

Just acquired my first car for Stevie, but there's nowhere on the map to take it to, I can't reply to his text and his number isn't in my phone. What the deuce?!

Roughly what percentage are you at when you complete the main story missions?

I'm around 56% at the minute and been playing for about 24 hours.

I was around 63%.

The main story is 60% of the game though it just depends what else you have done.

with the exception of the interiors, arent they ALL points that have been discussed in depth already in this thread?

That's just symptomatic of these massive 'x game official thread' threads. People should probably start more GTA4 threads.

Just acquired my first car for Stevie, but there's nowhere on the map to take it to, I can't reply to his text and his number isn't in my phone. What the deuce?!

This confused me as well. There is a 'Garage' marker on your map (somewhere in the north-east I think) so just set a GPS waypoint. And don't prang the car on the way. ;)

Phew, I thought it was only me who thought this. Now to find anyone else in the world who also thinks Leon is a load of old tosh.

Word! Even the hollywood remake was better than Leon. Heat's a barrel of mickeys too. A completely ridiculous film.