GTA:IV Official Thread

murray

Because

the helicopters cant keep up and theres only a few other police boats which you simply drive past. Quick n easy.

I think he meant more along the lines of 'why didn't the game hint towards the boat', rather than the actual advantages of using a boat as a getaway device.

I think he meant more along the lines of 'why didn't the game hint towards the boat', rather than the actual advantages of using a boat as a getaway device.

It would be far too easy if it did. There bugger all chance of failing the mission once you have the boat. So makes sense that they push you towards the car park and making a mad dash to freedom.

Yeah, TLC opens up the third island. It's funny, GTAIV, because there are so many choices at any one time, you can follow one mission path for ages and feel like you are making massive progress, whilst ignoring one little mission and missing out on a big reward.

Gah. Was hoping I could put it off for even longer, and mess about in the 3rd island first :o

RE Snowstorm: The mad dash to freedom route is a hell of a lot more fun though. Sure, you're opening yourself up to a bigger risk of failure, but the exhileration of battling your way to freedom is much more memorable than just escaping without any real trouble.

Paper Trail is pissing me off because flying this chopper is a right pain. Annoyingly I keep failing with it saying I've lost the target even though I can still see it.

EDIT: Ah flying this chopper is fine with just the sticks, you don't need L1/R1.

Shame LJ had two shots and missed :o So I gotta do it again.

It's quite an easy mission if you get body armour and grenades on the way (off LJ).

Bank job.

I'll probably walk it first time now. I'm just scared after reading people's reactions on here. :o

I did it second go - just keep your eye open for health/armour as you DO the mission as well, hidden in little alleyways, etc :)

The EDGE review is now online.

I still can't get over the Baltic / Balkan typo. Still there on the web, too, the dopes. It's a good review though - they do mention the faults, but I agree with them that they're insignificant in comparison to what it gets right.

I'll probably walk it first time now. I'm just scared after reading people's reactions on here. :o

Just keep an eye on the blue dots that show where your buddies are wandering off to and try to make sure nobody's shooting at you from behind. Also, try not to put a full assault rifle clip through Packie's head like I did on my first go.

Yeah TLC is not too bad, I needed to do my 2 retrys simply because I was over zealous and blasted a clip/grenade into Packie or his Bro.

Found a nice (cheap) way of doing Lil Jacobs tricky fast package missions last night.

Just get in a taxi, select destination and press A to go straight there with no time penatly.

In multi-player it is.

I tried using it in the annialator last night but could only use the hand gun.... trying to change weapon using the DPad only changed radio station. I was sat in the back exposed part of the chopper.....

RE Snowstorm: The mad dash to freedom route is a hell of a lot more fun though. Sure, you're opening yourself up to a bigger risk of failure, but the exhileration of battling your way to freedom is much more memorable than just escaping without any real trouble.

Totally - it was one of my favourite moments so far. I had no idea the boat was there, and i'm glad I didn't.

I tried using it in the annialator last night but could only use the hand gun.... trying to change weapon using the DPad only changed radio station. I was sat in the back exposed part of the chopper.....

'X' (360) changes weapons in vehicles.

You press Square or X to change weapon in a vehicle.

Paper Trail is pissing me off because flying this chopper is a right pain. Annoyingly I keep failing with it saying I've lost the target even though I can still see it.

EDIT: Ah flying this chopper is fine with just the sticks, you don't need L1/R1.

Shame LJ had two shots and missed :o So I gotta do it again.

I use LB/RB all the time when flying choppers, they're pretty much essential.

Just make sure you're on the right side of the chopper when Jacob is trying to fire.

I find it easier just using the sticks. You can use the camera to control turning instead of the bumpers. Give it a try!

I just had a 12 minute 5 star chase. But really not as exciting as it sounds. The first 3 minutes were as I had an Uzi and was just looking behind me and shooting them in the face all the time. But the last 9 minutes were me in the subway running non-stop.

The first time I tried Snow Storm

I dived straight in the water on the spur of the moment thinking there might just be a boat there. I didn't see one, got shot to shit by the police boats and died. I doned it wrong, obviously.

TLC pissed me off a bit in that right at the end one of the NPCs got stuck in place and wouldn't move even though thought the coast was clear, that's the sort of thing that can make the lack of checkpoints totally infuriating.

That Photo Shoot mission is a bit foolish. After two attempts to

photograph Marlon with the phone camera and setting the gang members off, I just strode in there and killed them all with the AK without fannying around with any photos. The camera bit is kind of pointless.

In other news, I found a gun in a dustbin whilst on a stroll that replaces the AK47, is it better? No idea what it is, it's smaller though.

I'm on the mission where someone is right on the top floor of a building and it's just after a flying mission so I landed a helicopter on the roof to go in from the top but it wouldn't let me :o Annoying.