GTA:IV Official Thread

murray

well they banned my youtube account after the release of the game. fucking twats i hate them for that.

Wasn't it more or less established that they banned your account because you'd uploaded shitloads of copyrighted telly alongside the couple of GTA vids that you got busted for in the first place? They can't really turn a blind eye to that sort of thing once it's been brought to their attention.

I've just been given a car. Does it respawn in the place I got it from? Useful if so, completely useless if not.

You mean when you destroy it?

What are ye after realism or free cars forever? :o

Regarding The McCrearys:

I hate that fact that the end portion of the game relies on these idiots so much. The shoe-horned in Kate/Nico bit is sooooooooooo forced, and the idea of Nico even looking twice at the fat cross-eyed bint makes me furious.

Minor rant: I hate the motorcycles. Rocket-shoes on Jackass look more controllable. Helicopters are a doozy, though.

Yeah, I got that when Brucie gave me the car after the race. "Ooh, this goes fast... oh, now I'm in the sea." Never saw one again.

I parked mine in the parking space outside the Bohan hideout. When I came back outside next time I played, the fucker was gone! :o

I reckon Brucie hiired another Stooge to steal it back again. I do believe I might have to plan some form of helicopter flight revenge...

Yeah, I got that when Brucie gave me the car after the race. "Ooh, this goes fast... oh, now I'm in the sea." Never saw one again.

They do turn up from time to time but this GTA suffers from a problem that has been annoying me with the series since GTA 3. The cars you see on the road seem to be dependant on what you are driving. I trashed the car that Brucie gave me and it took ages till I found one to park outside my safehouse.

If you need one again there is always one parked outside of Faustin's mansion in Beechgate.

I have just completed Snowstorm after accidentally falling into the water near to the speedboat. I kept on getting shot to bits trying to make a run for it. I wish that the boat was signposted a little easier as it wasn't there before I started the mission.

Quick question, just finished a mission called "payback" and I didn't get anything for it, was I meant to pick some up and if so have I lost out big? Hopefully that isn't a spoiler.

Did it save the game when you finished it?

Quick question (possible spoiler?)

If, during Vlad's last mission, you kill Ivan (and consequently don't get the Random Friend mission later on) does this affect the 100% completion achievement? I'm sure it doesn't matter when you kill Clarence later on (for ULP)

Thanks in advance.

I finally managed to get an FIB Buffalo back to the safehouse for use in future vigilante missions. It's amazing how well I'm looking after it after the trials I through to get it.

When I did manage to escape with one, it was obviously shot to shit with a couple of burst tyres. The Pay and Spray guy predictably wouldn't fix it up, so I had to limp across to Algonquin to save it.

Self-made missions like that are great - it's impossible to get frustrated when it's self-imposed.

They do turn up from time to time but this GTA suffers from a problem that has been annoying me with the series since GTA 3. The cars you see on the road seem to be dependant on what you are driving. I trashed the car that Brucie gave me and it took ages till I found one to park outside my safehouse.

The problem has been evident from the very first GTA, back in 1997, I can't believe it hasn't been sorted yet.

Has anyone managed to get a car onto the rollercoaster? We spent ages trying yesterday, and almost did it – I managed to get an SUV balanced on the track, but it wasn't powerful enough to get up the slope, dammit. Everything else we tried just ended up immobilised, with wheels lodged on either side of the track.

Has anyone managed to get a car onto the rollercoaster? We spent ages trying yesterday, and almost did it – I managed to get an SUV balanced on the track, but it wasn't powerful enough to get up the slope, dammit. Everything else we tried just ended up immobilised, with wheels lodged on either side of the track.

You could try a 900 bike - or prehaps a jump from the train tracks at Hove beach station. I dunno if theres a gap at that point.

Wouldn't you have a better chance using the 'spawn car' cheats?

Wouldn't you have a better chance using the 'spawn car' cheats?

If I'm going to cheat, I may as well cut out the middle man and lie about having done it.

What about a motorbike?

I tried a Sanchez, it just goes down the gap in the middle unfortunately.

will give it another go then, was chuffed to get the gobble gobble achievement,

if you want 3 strikes in a row then....

take 2 steps to the left, (use the far left lane btw)

hit a to ready yourself.

pull the R stick back, wait about 1 second and push it forward, (make sure the motion is as straight as possible and don't use after touch.

after a while you should get there, be prepared for getting 2 strikes and a random pin staying up on the 3rd. :-(