GTA:IV Official Thread

murray

MrDo, you must have clocked at least 4 figures of hours on this game, you're always on it!

The race league will restart once 5 is out (assuming racing is still on the menu!).

It's the one online game I'm good at, from racing to hitting helicopters out of the sky with my rocket launcher :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It definitely does make one think about the sense in throwing out needless abuse at people on such a trivial subject.

So how should one respond to endless digs at a poster based on nothing to do with the subject at hand. I responded by calling my stalker a cunt. No thinly veiled attempts at being clever just straight and to the point with someone who has been criticising my opinions for over a year and started the animosity with name calling that wasn't called for in the first place.

I seem to have a bunch of similar smart arsed posters who deem it necessary to respond to my posts with thinly veiled personal attacks and that includes you Uncle Mike. I was jokingly given a death threat by the site's ex administrator a few days ago but I let it go as it wasn't blatant enough to warrant further action.

If you poke someone with a stick long enough don't be surprised if they take it off you and poke you in the fucking eye with it now and again.

So that abuse that you are quietly accusing me of hasn't been started by myself and I don't go looking for it. However I won't ignore it and sheepishly not respond to it like many hypocrites here would like me to.

• 2 years later...

GTA 4 PC getting a patch after 6 years:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/30/gta-4-gets-its-first-pc-patch-in-over-six-years/

Imagine seeing your copy of GTA 4 update now out of the blue, which you totally have installed.

Rockstar has released a new patch for the PC version of GTA 4 yesterday. This is the game’s first patch in over six years. The last patch was released in May, 2010.

The main point of the update is to improve the game’s performance and general compatibility on modern PCs and operating system. Unfortunately, the patch did not remove the Games for Windows Live requirement.

You can see all the changes in patch 8 below:

Added error code “WTV270” to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.

Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.

Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.

Fixed a bug which made completing “Out of Commission” mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.

Fixed a bug with the “Resource Usage” indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.

Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.

Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.

Fixed a bug with text scrolling in “Brief” Menu.

Fixed “drawlist overflow” crash.

Minor performance optimisations.

Games for windows still in <_<

• 2 months later...