IGNORED

Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis Prequel

Lorfarius

Reading PC Gamer this month when I saw mention of an Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis Prequel. Its called fountain of Youth and the team behind it have already created a demo. It looks and plays the same as FOA and is well worth a look. I just hope they can finish it before Lucasarts shut them down.

Indy

A guy I worked with is the background artist for this. It looks amazing. They were already busy making this game three years ago, so I don't think Lucasarts will shut them down soon.

It depends on how much they know about it. A website was in a similar situation a few years ago with an online free Monkey Island game, they used similar graphics to the Curse game, shortly before they were close to completion, Lucasarts pulled the plug :lol:

That's wonderful.

Though I do worry that at some point Lucasarts is going to say "Er, hang on-" and all the work that's gone into it so far will be lost. Surely a better idea would be to produce an all-new exciting fresh graphic adventure rather than a sequel to a heavily-IP'd existing one? They would certainly appear to have the talent to do so.

• 1 month later...

That's wonderful.

Though I do worry that at some point Lucasarts is going to say "Er, hang on-" and all the work that's gone into it so far will be lost. Surely a better idea would be to produce an all-new exciting fresh graphic adventure rather than a sequel to a heavily-IP'd existing one? They would certainly appear to have the talent to do so.

Thats my worry too :) So many games have suffered due to this IP gubbins (Curse of Monkey Island online game for one, Ultima 1 fan remake fully 3d rendered etc) that I always think it would be better if they kept a low profile until they are close to launch. That way when its released at least if theres a ban slapped down it would be out in the public domain and would spread on its own accord.