The electronica thread

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight We See The Release Of FOUND SOUND 2 
A Year In The Making

Artists Are:

Humanoid
Karsten Pflum
Michael Fakesch (Boards Of Canada Remix)
Datach'i
Seefeel
Skurken
808 State
Luke Vibert
Velum Break
Plaid
Orbital
Dialed
Mōshonsensu
Future Sound of London
Static (Isan Remix)
Bola
Skytree (Christ. Remix)
The Gasman
Aemic
John Tejada
Bauri
Ruxpin
Scanner
Drøn
Carbinax
Mathmatrix
Komarebi
Dntel

Previews from 7:30pm

https://mixlr.com/touched_music

Available to buy from around 10pm.

FOUND SOUND 1 available to buy still

https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/found-sound

The first one is excellent.

When you read back through this thread it feels like the Touched Music Thread at times, but they're putting out that style of electronic music that you don't really see a great deal of these days. Martin is a top guy too.

Fine people, I could do with recommendations for some dark electronica/synthy stuff in the vein of John Carpenter to help me get through working on an evening. 

I love his Lost Themes and Prince of Darkness soundtrack in particular. Nothing too intense with heavy beats, which I find in a lot of the recommendations that YouTube throws up, but pieces that are moody and atmospheric.

Possibly also crossover stuff with hip-hop, like some of the tracks on Endtroducing, though that seems to be pretty rare from the searching I've done so far.

Wendy Carlos' soundtrack to The Shining is another one I love, particularly the opener.

A lot of the more recent Future Sound of London output is moody stuff with bits of beats. Their earlier stuff was more "traditional" but the later stuff could be up your street.

What about Daniel Avery for atmospheric electronics? 

Also have a listen to Dalham

https://dalham.bandcamp.com/

Pye Corner Audio is well worth a listen. Stasis or Hollow Earth are a good start.

An album I like working to is Farenheit Fair Enough by Telefon Tel Aviv

Thanks for the suggestions - I've had a quick listen to a few of them and they sound promising, so I'll delve a bit deeper this week as my deadline looms. Pye Corner Audio in particular sounded really good. I forgot about FSOL - I like Dead Cities and Lifeforms, though they're quite different to what I'm after but I'll check out their later stuff.

Maybe I should post something similar in the synth thread.

Yeah, I like that, though it doesn't quite have that atmospheric soundtrack vibe.

It's funny, but I've listened to a fair bit of Klaus Schulz (Timewind in particular is amazing) but for some reason I always forget about Ulrich Schnauss and other Tangerine Dreamers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...