IGNORED

Worst game names ever

Meers

ahh yes, irritating maze!

I would like to add qdex from Thalamus on the c64 - was a nice game in its day, Q[uest for the ultimate]Dex[terity] apparently!

I remember it as just that, a series of mini games designed to test your joystickability [tm]

Is The attack of the mutant zombie flesh eating chickens from mars: Staring zappo the dog in the list too?

owl

I always thought Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow was actually a terrible name. It doesn't actually mean anything!

aye. it's embarassing how many games - even relatively high profile ones - are generically named in the "Game IP: Something of Something" format, constructed entirely of meaningless words that sound cool to nerdy 14 year old boys.

Having said that, I must admit that I'm gagging for the release of SILENT SYPHON RED FRACTURE ZONE CELL X: RETURNING WARRIOR DEATH FISTS OF PANDORA'S SOFA HONOUR WAR RETURN UNDERGROUND STREET GUNS WITHIN MEN BULLETS.

aye. it's embarassing how many games - even relatively high profile ones that sell - are generically named in the "Game IP: Something of Something" format, constructed entirely of meaningless words that sound cool to nerdy 14 year old boys.

Having said that, I must admit that I'm gagging for the release of SILENT SYPHON RED FRACTURE ZONE CELL: RETURNING WARRIOR DEATH FISTS OF PANDORA'S SOFA HONOUR WAR RETURN UNDERGROUND STREET GUNS MEN BULLETS.

It's still better than lazily sticking the system name at the end.

ahh yes, irritating maze!

I would like to add qdex from Thalamus on the c64 - was a nice game in its day, Q[uest for the ultimate]Dex[terity] apparently!

I remember it as just that, a series of mini games designed to test your joystickability [tm]

Is The attack of the mutant zombie flesh eating chickens from mars: Staring zappo the dog in the list too?

owl

Quedex you ph00l!

It's still better than lazily sticking the system name at the end.

i'm not sure about that. "Mario Kart 64" is simple and informative, at least.

is " Mr Weems and the she-vampires " in that list?

that cover art is ace. more accountants with thick-rimmed glasses and a tommygun, please.

They lost me on Um Jammer Lammy. An insignificant site puts out an insignificant opinion.

But I still looked. Curse this forum

They are not saying the games are bad you know, just the names. And Um Jammer Lammy is a pretty poo name.

Harmony of Dissonance.

Think about that one.

??? I wouldn't class those as a bad title. "Harmony of Dissonance" makes sense if you think of the word "harmony" as "the structure of a work or passage as considered from the point of view of its chordal characteristics and relationships," or even as the "simultaneous combination of notes in a chord." It's not a word that is necessarily tied to a meaning of "combination of sounds considered pleasing to the ear."

so is the subtitle "harmony of dissonance" significantly relevent to any themes explored in that particular castlevania game? Is it anything more than a meaningless, deviantart-like attempt to sound cool and slightly "arty"?

so is the subtitle "harmony of dissonance" significantly relevent to any themes explored in that particular castlevania game? Is it anything more than a meaningless, deviantart-like attempt to sound cool and slightly "arty"?

a few of the recent castlevanias had musical names, that's about it really.

symphony of the night, aria of sorrow, uh, lament of innocence?

Bah, no Mortal Kombat Mythologies and they include James Pond 2- Robocod?

OK Robocod (the title is) is a bit shite but the game was good..

Did you actually read what the article was about?