IGNORED

Worst game names ever

Meers

On 04/06/2018 at 19:44, deerokus said:

It's probably cheating to highlight Japanese games, but, come on, some of them are just utter gibberish. Such as Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online. 

Or

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls 

There's a whole bunch of these games that always seem to be clogging up PSN and Steam sales. Who buys them? 

I just came across a game on Zavvi store called 

MegaTagmension Blanc & Neptune VS Zombies

and it reminded me of this post. This is a real title of a real game. 

• 1 year later...

What about the Japanese PS4 game called.....

'Summer-Colored High School Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going'

I mean, surely that's taking the piss a little?

• 1 month later...

Just choose any random anime game/gal game/game aimed at the modern Japanese otaku market and it's probably a strong contender composed of pseudophilosophical gibberish that sounds vaguely like English.

In the west, the many indie and mobile\switch shovelware games that choose their name solely in a desperate attempt to be associated with some other well known/successful game. Often involves the word "souls" for indie games. For mobile games, stuff like "Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder" always make me cringe a bit. Also, while not outright using the same words, I suspect the phonetic structure of "Gang Star Vegas" was carefully designed/focus tested solely to make sure it immediately made people think of Grand Theft Auto.

And that's the major mobile companies. You also have stuff like this.. with over 10 million installs.

The mobile games are just joylessly created corporate product so the names also being awful and cynical is fitting. Can't blame the indie devs for trying to latch onto something successful but that doesn't mean the names don't suck.

8 hours ago, Made of Ghosts said:

"Hunt: Showdown" - classic example of having two equally boring, nondescript name ideas and desperately mashing them together.

If it could be a Daily Express headline about a cabinet member having a disagreement it's too dull to be a game title.

8 hours ago, Made of Ghosts said:

"Hunt: Showdown" - classic example of having two equally boring, nondescript name ideas and desperately mashing them together.

I keep confusing Huntdown with Hunt: Showdown in my mind, despite them being totally different games. :blush: