The Dark Knight

Goose

Mark Hamil AKA Luke Skywalker was the voice of the Joker in the batman animated series and justice league and a couple of Superman episodes, nothing will ever beat that voice and perfect craziness, especially return of the Joker where he shoots that Jokerz guy.

Mark Hamil AKA Luke Skywalker was the voice of the Joker in the batman animated series and justice league and a couple of Superman episodes, nothing will ever beat that voice and perfect craziness, especially return of the Joker where he shoots that Jokerz guy.

Some good Hamil

Return of the Joker

Hard to believe it's Luke Skywalker :unsure:

Whilst Hamil's voice is great for an animated series, I think it's far too camp for a live action movie. I'm hoping the Joker in the new film will be darker and more sinister than that.

I think the way that it looks, it seems too dark and loses the totally derangement that makes the Joker so dangerous if ya know what I mean?

It's just a cartoon, so it doesn't count for shit. That's pretty much what you're saying, yes?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying :) Actually I can't quite tell if you are joking or not...

OK, here is the difference between comic books / animation & movies, hugely obvious stuff but I'll say it anyway...

In comic books you arguably have greater scope for suspension of disbelief. You can get unrealistic, yet very cool, art style. Similarly, characterisation and dialogue can be more exaggerated for greater effect. Readers / viewers don't mind because it fits with their expectation.

Films don't usually allow for such wild suspension of disbelief. They require real people acting, and therefore are rooted in reality. This sets up a different type of expectation. That's why you didn't see Wolverine in a yellow spandex suit in X-Men, and you won't see an uber-camp Mark Hamil as the Joker in The Dark Knight. It just looks ridiculous and out of context.

I think after Begins we have come to expect a fairly gritty and dark Batman, and whilst I want a truly deranged and psychotic Joker, a less camp performance than Hamil's would be a good thing in my eyes.

Today is the day that the clown cried. And he cries not for the passing of one man, but for the death of a dream. The dream that he would someday taste the ultimate victory over his hated enemy. For it was the Batman who made me the happy soul I am today. How I agonized over the perfect way to thank him for that. Perhaps with a cyanide pie in the face. Or an exploding whoopie-cushion playfully planted in the Batmobile. But those dreams were dashed by the weaselly little gunsel sitting there in our midst. The cowardly insignificant goon who probably got lucky when Batman slipped on the slime trail this loser left behind him. This mound of diseased hyena filth who's not fit to lick the dirt from my spats. . . !

I'll be smiling again... just as soon as we take that man there and slap him in that box there and roll him into that vat of acid there!!!

Personally, I thought they should've offered the Joker to a black actor.

Imagine Denzel as The Joker.

Brilliant.

Imagine the complaints when they make a black actor put on white face paint to play a role.

I'm not saying I'd complain. Just that there's some f**king stupid people out there (See: RE5 "racist" issues)

Ledger on the Joker -

The joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy... Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.”

Ledger prepared for the role by meticulously collecting items for a 'Joker diary', filled with images and thoughts helpful to the Joker back story, like a list of things the Joker would find funny. (AIDS is one of them.)

LationReview has posted a monster spoiler for Batman Begins 2 : The Dark Knight. If you do not want to know how the Joker's character comes to be in the sequel that is upcoming do not read on any further. LatinoReview posts quote:

The Dark Knight begins with the Joker robbing a huge bank (we’ve seen photos of this everywhere). The bank is where the mob and all the gangs in Gotham keep all of their money. The Joker takes this money and holds it “ransom”. The Joker then says to the mob and the gangs of Gotham, “If you help me take down Batman, you’ll get your money back. If not, I’m going to burn it all.” This is how the Joker assembles his army to take down Batman.

How shit.

Ledger prepared for the role by meticulously collecting items for a 'Joker diary', filled with images and thoughts helpful to the Joker back story, like a list of things the Joker would find funny. (AIDS is one of them.)

The Joker sounds like he posts on here.