The Dark Knight

Goose

It's weird.

The posters almost make the Joker look like the good guy.

I mean....

Batman looks detached from the city. Cold.

Joker's on the streets. Street level.

Maybe they're going for a more sympathetic feel with the Joker. I'm cool with that. Great posters.

Maybe they're going for a more sympathetic feel with the Joker. I'm cool with that. Great posters.

?

Anyway, Bats is looking out over the city - he's Gotham's guardian.

The Joker is down there, prowling Gotham's streets - he's a predator in Gotham's urbun jungle.

It's weird.

The posters almost make the Joker look like the good guy.

I mean....

Batman looks detached from the city. Cold.

Joker's on the streets. Street level.

I see Batman hiding in the shadows, watching.

The Joker in the light...with weapons.

I also see a vagina...wonder what that means?

?

Anyway, Bats is looking out over the city - he's Gotham's guardian.

The Joker is down there, prowling Gotham's streets - he's a predator in Gotham's urbun jungle.

Batman being Gotham's guardian is Batman on a gargoyle in the rain, leaning out over a rooftop. Not behind a sheet of glass, impassively watching.

I hope they're going for that kind of thing, anyway. I've always felt a bit sorry for the Joker.

Cam footage of new trailer.

clicky

Quality isn't very good.

Great trailer. Nice and creepy. Never been a huge fan of the comics myself - the Joker in the trailer feels like he has a very menacing, psychotic edge to him. Is that typical Joker stuff, or is it more Nolan's take on him?

Great trailer. Nice and creepy. Never been a huge fan of the comics myself - the Joker in the trailer feels like he has a very menacing, psychotic edge to him. Is that typical Joker stuff, or is it more Nolan's take on him?

Typical Joker stuff.

It almost looks like Batman is up high, searching for trouble and the Joker (ie trouble) is down in the streets, looking for a scrap.

Nope, look at the bars. Batman's in jail! It's symbolism silly. Batman's in Jail and the Joker is proving he is the man by jaywalking. I think I'm right about this... :(

I like the Joker one more than the Batman one (a bit more glossy than I was expecting), but the "why so serious?" grafitti teaser is still the most eye-catching.

EDIT: Haha, posted that just before seeing the new one above. If that's real, I have a new favourite! Not sure I'd want it on my bedroom wall though. :(

I watched the trailer without sound (I'm not sure if there was on any anyway?), but I liked what I saw. Can't wait to see it on the big screen...