The Dark Knight

Goose

out of the fucking park. :wub:

just rewatched it twice on the HDTV through the 360, absolutely sumptuous.

If you don't mind me asking how do you watch it on the 360? I just downloaded the .mov file from the website but was under the impression it still didn't play that format?

The whole - "Let's put a smile on that face", "all that were in his pockets were knives and lint", the scarring on his face - suggests he got his face cut / cut himself a la the Chelsea Smilers myth. And that perhaps he does the same thing to his victims too.

Is that in the comics too, or is it a different take on the Joker?

Traditionally it's a gas, that contorts victims faces into a smile, like in Burton's Batman. What you've suggested would be a nice twist however and would make sense...

I’d always hoped that The Joker would be played in such a way as the very sight of him would be enough to lightly soil someones pants

Looks like Ledger has nailed it…

DKtrailer_22.jpg

“evening commisoner..”

*shivers*

However one question remains, what of Harvey Dent? The man will eventually become the Joker but his absence from the trailer suggests that Nolan wants his involvement kept minimal. Most likely this is due to a big reveal of Two-Face at the end, perhaps Joker kidnaps Dent and his scars are as a result of the a battle between Joker and Batman.

A million fan-boys just cried out....

I just watched the trailer after trying not to in case I ruin it for myself but Oooo it looks good! What everyone's been saying about Heath Ledger is right, he just sounds so creepy!

I like the way it swtiches around. He can be grim and sinister, but then switches to mocking ("To them you're just a freak.....Like Me!").

Anyone tried putting the clips in the trailer into some sort of chronology, given that we know the Joker's facepaint will deteriorate through the film?

When firing the rocket the paint is pristine, so I assume that happens fairly early on, while the scene in the street where he challenges Batman will probably be the finale. The section in jail though is an anomaly, the paint is dreadfully worn off, but it must be near the beginning as Gordon and the others don't know who he is.

I didn't like Batman Begins that much. I preferred the Tim Burton version. I also think Heath Ledger is one of the worst actors in history.

But...

That 6 minute preview was gripping, and aside from that bank employee/classic B-movie actor

dying (that guy dies in everything),

it was just about perfect.

Christian Bale still looks too much like Ken (of Barbie fame). I'll live with this though.

Anyone tried putting the clips in the trailer into some sort of chronology, given that we know the Joker's facepaint will deteriorate through the film?

When firing the rocket the paint is pristine, so I assume that happens fairly early on, while the scene in the street where he challenges Batman will probably be the finale. The section in jail though is an anomaly, the paint is dreadfully worn off, but it must be near the beginning as Gordon and the others don't know who he is.

You're assuming the whole movie takes place in a single day, though, which it probably doesn't. I imagine he'll re-apply it at some point in the film.

That 6 minute preview was gripping, and aside from that bank employee/classic B-movie actor

dying (that guy dies in everything),

it was just about perfect.

He didn't die, though. The Joker let him live. Granted, he might die later from the gunshot wound, but the was very much alive at the end of the clip.