IGNORED

The Dark Knight

Goose

True, but do you think they would still be around if he were still alive?

Most of the internet hate was barely disguised homophobia stemming from the fact that Ledger had once played the part of a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain. Hopefully all those people will have come to their senses and realised how stupid they were.

I don't think that's true. I think one could justifiably hate anyone who had been in the Patriot and A Knight's Tale. He looks brilliant in this though.

Most of the internet hate was barely disguised homophobia stemming from the fact that Ledger had once played the part of a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain. Hopefully all those people will have come to their senses and realised how stupid they were.

I think the fact he was in a crap Braveheart retread, a crap historical underdog movie and several undemanding teen movies had a lot to do with it. Brokeback was the only reason anyone had any hope.

I think the fact he was in a crap Braveheart retread, a crap historical underdog movie and several undemanding teen movies had a lot to do with it. Brokeback was the only reason anyone had any hope.

Okay I give in.

To save some face, though, the Westborough Baptist Church definitely held Brokeback Mountain against him.

To save some face, though, the Westborough Baptist Church definitely held Brokeback Mountain against him.

True, but they lynch their own membership for eating any food that resembles a penis. I doubt they could confront a computer without getting fire and exorcism involved.

You know when those first 'on set' photos appeared? I was was of the first to be like 'It's just heath with paint on his face??'. I was fully hoping they would do something clever with cg, have some sort of wrapping around his head etc.

As soon as the trailer came out I instantly 'got it'.

Weird thing is that now I'm concerned with two face since from the (bad quality) images going around it is clearly heavily CG based. Not sure if that will fit this whole 'Lets ground it in reality' thing.

You know when those first 'on set' photos appeared? I was was of the first to be like 'It's just heath with paint on his face??'. I was fully hoping they would do something clever with cg, have some sort of wrapping around his head etc.

As soon as the trailer came out I instantly 'got it'.

Weird thing is that now I'm concerned with two face since from the (bad quality) images going around it is clearly heavily CG based. Not sure if that will fit this whole 'Lets ground it in reality' thing.

From the limited pics I've seen I can't see why you would think that it's clearly heavily CG based. I don't see why it can't be physical. Christopher Nolan is supposed to dislike CG so I don't see why he'd use it for that.

I've been reading the start of this thread and most people seem to have been unsure about Ledger but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Apart from sweetdaddyg, but he was in his Mr. Furious mode back then.

And it's a good job Despin didn't write this movie or we would've got 'Killer Batman vs The Sad Clown'

It looks so cartoony though? no way is it realistic looking? I did however read a review where a critic was saying his 'hanging out eyeball' was fine but he couldn't handle 'the nose'...so maybe it is real looking. I hope so but those pictures really REALLY looked cg heavy to me.

It looks so cartoony though? no way is it realistic looking? I did however read a review where a critic was saying his 'hanging out eyeball' was fine but he couldn't handle 'the nose'...so maybe it is real looking. I hope so but those pictures really REALLY looked cg heavy to me.

You haven't seen it on film or moving. Reserve judgement til then.

Also do you think if it was 100% realistic that the film would have kept it's PG13 rating?

Or, better yet, are dead.

Just booked in for the Embra Cineworld 23rd screening, fookin' £26.10 for two tickets. Half that price at the IMAX! Nae mention of any freebies though.

Would love to see it in the IMAX first but my Robin is going on holiday two days later, but we'll catch it before the middle of August.

Watched Begins for only the second time last night, although only saw it for the first time early last year. Really noted a lot of the weaving and thought a bit more, but some of the stunts stood out as pure amaze.