IGNORED

The Dark Knight

Goose

I'm not poking fun at either Pob or Silent Runner here, but I'm quite often surprised at the things people miss. Like, I get when people watch good, dense films for a second time and pick up things, but how do you miss Lau dieing, or Rachel's letter?

Poke away my man. I've no idea how I missed it, I put it down to The Joker being in that scene and there was no way I was looking away from him. IIRC Lau is right at the top of the frame and we only see him for a second, once the Joker slides down the pile we don't see him again.

I'm not poking fun at either Pob or Silent Runner here, but I'm quite often surprised at the things people miss. Like, I get when people watch good, dense films for a second time and pick up things, but how do you miss Lau dieing, or Rachel's letter?

I don't generally have problems with complex plots, it was just the relentless pace of TDK. And even on second viewing I didn't have time to process the fact that Lau was burning on top of a pile of money! And they were on a ship??

I don't generally have problems with complex plots, it was just the relentless pace of TDK. And even on second viewing I didn't have time to process the fact that Lau was burning on top of a pile of money! And they were on a ship??

Yeah, Marony tells Batman he knows where The Joker will be at such and such a time then it cuts to an exterior shot of a rusted old boat.

Loved it - one little thing, very little - when the joker tried to shoot the mayor.

Was he in full Joker make up? In the line of police who were shooting the guns?

That's really bugging me for some reason - think he would stand out a bit if he was...

Yeah, Marony tells Batman he knows where The Joker will be at such and such a time then it cuts to an exterior shot of a rusted old boat.

Oh yeah. So what happens, do the cops just not get there on time or something?

Loved it - one little thing, very little - when the joker tried to shoot the mayor.

Was he in full Joker make up? In the line of police who were shooting the guns?

That's really bugging me for some reason - think he would stand out a bit if he was...

No, he wasn't.

As for people missing Lau, I can understand that happening. He was barely on screen in that bit and was quite small when he was shown. I did see him and it took a moment to realise it was actually him.

Oh yeah. So what happens, do the cops just not get there on time or something?

Well I've seen it twice in 4 days and I can't remember. Damn my feeble memory. I think the point of the scene is the Joker making his power play to take control of the mob. Doesn't he have the head Russian guy killed during that scene? I suppose we're to assume he splits before Batman and the cops arrive.

that tunnel chase was pure GTA. in fact there's a mission in GTAIV where you have to bust a prisoner out of of an amputee van by blocking a tunnel with a lorry.

EDIT: by 'amputee' I mean 'armoured'. Thanks iPhone.

Well I've seen it twice in 4 days and I can't remember. Damn my feeble memory. I think the point of the scene is the Joker making his power play to take control of the mob. Doesn't he have the head Russian guy killed during that scene? I suppose we're to assume he splits before Batman and the cops arrive.

It also shows that the Joker ha gone too far even for Maroni, which is a nice touch.

This thread keeps going back to mentioning GTA. Basically, people want a good Batman GTA then?

No way.

Batman looks shit in third person- they can never get the movement right. Make it first person with the condemned or mirrors edge engine and make it play like Chronicles of Riddick- hand to hand fighting, investigation gadgets, dark atmosphere, jumping from rooftop to rooftop- NICE

Batman looks shit in third person- they can never get the movement right. Make it first person with the condemned or mirrors edge engine and make it play like Chronicles of Riddick- hand to hand fighting, investigation gadgets, dark atmosphere, jumping from rooftop to rooftop- NICE

DO NOT WANT

Devil May Cry fighting, and movement like a cross between Sands Of Time and Spider-Man 2.

No, he wasn't.

As for people missing Lau, I can understand that happening. He was barely on screen in that bit and was quite small when he was shown. I did see him and it took a moment to realise it was actually him.

eerrrr doesnt the joker throw some of the money at Lau's head? there was a laugh and then everyone realised it was gonna get set on fire...

DO NOT WANT

Devil May Cry fighting, and movement like a cross between Sands Of Time and Spider-Man 2.

NO WAI

All those games are about colourful wanky pants. Batman is the DARK KNIGHT. Unless someone decent made it anyway it would be shite either way probably. I think they confirmed a game of TDK is in the works so we'll just have to pray.

Just got back from seeing it. I thought I'll the stuff I'd read about Ledger's performance was just posthumous arse licking, but God no, he was fucking amazing.

Best movie I've seen all year, by some margin.

Favourite bits:

- Joker walking away from the hospital in a nurses outfit

- The pencil bit

- The mad chase/flipping the artic/180 spin against the wall

- Anything with the Joker in

Awesome awesome awesome awesome.

another neat joker touch, apparently improvised by heath ledger was that when he was dressed as a nurse to visit Dent, he put one of those 'i believe in harvey dent' stickers/badges on his uniform.

Yeah, I loved that whole scene. The little nervous "Hi" at the beginning is priceless.

I think it was SM47 who asked for a Gotham GTA game, where if you get to five stars the Batman comes for you.

I would soooo buy that.

Why?

You're not the only one to have expressed that opinion.

Shame you didn't like it, though.

Ahhh, i've only read the last few pages. They seemed to be filled with glee. It is a shame i didn't like it. I'm not even sure that christian bale is supposed to be a batman.