IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

If you've never tried the wonderful Dolphin emulator, REmake looks and plays amazing upscaled through that.

I need to do this. I was over at my parents house earlier this week and dug the GC out just to revisit REMake. Still looks great but the low resolution really stood out after so many years playing games in HD. Gameplay still holds up too (for those that liked the originals I guess) but I couldn't be arsed hauling it back to my place to finish playing.

Does the Dolphin Emulator allow you to use a 360 pad? Or a PS3 pad connected by USB?

Does the Dolphin Emulator allow you to use a 360 pad? Or a PS3 pad connected by USB?

You can do ANYTHING. Well, a fair bit anyway, the control options are quite something in that you can use a whole bunch of control methods to mimic any of the many Wii control options. I use a Wii classic controller hanging off a Wiimote, if only because I kept pressing the wrong buttons on the 360 pad when playing Xenoblade.

The key is to be downloading specific versions and configuring that instance on a per game basis. If you go to the wiki and forums it should detail (on a game by game basis) which version you need and how to set it up. I tried a couple of times getting it to work and didn't have much luck either, but by all accounts you need to focus on one game and get an instance of the software working specifically for that.

I can't seem to get anything working stably with Dolphin :(, usually sound problems or stuttering. That's on an i5 2500K and a 670GT :(

I had sound issues when using the latest stable release to run REmake. Sound lag was pretty evident so then I tried the latest dev release (about 22 hours old) and its running fine now. Just finished setting my X360 pad up with it and holy shit why haven't I done this earlier - REmake looks amazing.

Holy shit, not tried Dolphin in a long time, expecting it to not be very good like last time I tried, however it's come on leaps and bounds.

Literally in seconds I was playing Mario Kart double dash with my wired pad. Then I saw it supports Wii games, always fancied Xenoblade, BOOM, playing it 5 minutes later! Really HQ emu.

Emulated wiimote with classic controller extension and the buttons mapped to the 360 pad.

Works fine, a few sound glitches here and there, but otherwise it's perfect. Including upscaled beautiful non-jaggy anti-aliased Wii Gfx at 1080p! Shame about the textures, but you can apparently replace them with your own.

Does anyone know when the update of FTL is due? I finally got the Crystal ship a few days ago, and it was one of the most happy, tense and exciting moments I've had in gaming. Words cannot describe how much I love that game. And I still need the Rock and Mantis ships. Good times.

Also I have a spare copy of Payday 2 if someone wants.

Does anyone know when the update of FTL is due? I finally got the Crystal ship a few days ago, and it was one of the most happy, tense and exciting moments I've had in gaming. Words cannot describe how much I love that game. And I still need the Rock and Mantis ships. Good times.

Also I have a spare copy of Payday 2 if someone wants.

Pm'ed

Hold it. If you got the impression that I'm slagging off people in wheelchairs, please accept my apology. That is not the case. It just stuck in my memory. I didn't play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, sorry.

:lol: Oh shit. Nah, I just remembered it had a guy in a wheelchair, that's all. I'm not some overly sensitive cunt. Oh, and play FFTA, it's awesome.

God damn that was some twee shit intro. Hated the game because of that - not just because of that guy tho obviously, I'm not racist against wheelchairs, like!

Actually, they should do a paralympics game with wheelchair controller that'd be fucking amazing! Plus it'd show a bunch of lazy arse gamers just how much skill and effort it takes :)

I really liked it.. it felt human in a way to me, real struggles that someone could go through rather than sci-fi nonsense that's hard to relate to.

And yeah, a paralympics one would be interesting!

Daily Deal: Mass Effect 2 £4.99

A word of warning: I just bought this (actually got the Mass Effect collection as I own the first 2 games on 360) as I want to do a complete run through before finally finishing ME3, but you can't get any of the DLC through steam. Instead you have to go to the Bioware site and buy it all for really expensive prices using their stupid Bioware Points system. Very disappointed!!!